SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Preaching in the House of Congress

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re: Preaching in the House of Congress

Hi Deadn and Mary Jane,
I listened to it as the video wasnt too clear.Its a bit short to make any conclusions.This is not a John the Baptist type thing as you put it for a couple of reasons
1.we(the church and the world) associate the term "a voice crying in the wilderness"as someone with truth not been heard but the biblical view is different all Judea and the surrounds went out to hear John.He was heard by all and recognized as been from God by many.A "VOICE CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS"represents total success not failure
2.He could not be touched until his ministry was over where this courageous woman was taken away

Yours Staff

2013/10/21 16:45Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I found the event altogether interesting. But at the end of the day, does it really matter if this was of God or not? Why do we feel the need to "discern" every little iota of speech? Are we really that bored with nothing better to do? At the end of the day, did it really matter to any of us?

2013/10/21 16:52Profile

Re: Staff

Brother many who speak the truth of Christ are not heard. Yet God comoells them to speak.

Bearmaster.

2013/10/21 17:37

Re:

Jimmy,

Brother are you not aware of what is going on? Darkness is upon the land and the church is asleep. Sinners are going to hell and judgement is upon the nation and the church. Abortion and homosexuality run rampant. The nation is on the verge of an economic collapse. And you ask does it matter?

Brother let me ask did it matter to Art Katz, Denny Kenniston, or Davidd Wilkerson. If you can answer that then you have the answer to your question.

Bearmaster.

2013/10/21 17:47
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: and MJ

Quote: Dianne Reidy says the Holy Spirit made her to do it.

This statement reminds me of a time when I was working with some Nigerians and had left some tools out while I went to get a cool drink. When I returned the tools were missing. On asking the Nigerians where the tools were they replied that God had took them. At that I had a good laugh which surprised them, then I pressed in a bit more to find out the truth, saying that I knew God and he didn't inform me that he had a requirement for my tools.

After some discussion the group went and got the tools, and made a man confess to the crime. When talking with man he said with a straight face said "God made him to it".

2013/10/21 18:46Profile

Re: Collin

And if the Holy Spirit had made her do it? Brother I do not see the point of your story.

Bearmaster.

2013/10/21 18:54

Re:

Bear writes.........

"Brother are you not aware of what is going on? Darkness is upon the land and the church is asleep. Sinners are going to hell and judgement is upon the nation and the church. Abortion and homosexuality run rampant. The nation is on the verge of an economic collapse. And you ask does it matter?
Brother let me ask did it matter to Art Katz, Denny Kenniston, or Davidd Wilkerson. If you can answer that then you have the answer to your question."

Amen bro. The thing is, these men and others, God put a burning message in their bones. Many can see the gross darkness, but many more cannot. Those who cannot see nor have this burning in their bones simply cannot understand. Now there is such a thing as willful ignorance which is a whole other matter...........bro Frank

2013/10/21 19:01
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

What she said was interesting because of the timing. It's news worthy for that reason alone. Whether or not the Lord told her to say it or not.. meh... probably not. It strikes me as rather unintelligible. It reminds me a bit of the nice old backwards church lady who randomly stands up in the middle of church to say what she feels on her heart.

I find the commentary surrounding it more telling than anything.

2013/10/21 19:35Profile
Elibeth

Re:

KM,
I really appreciated what you have just wrote.

Thank you also for reminding us all, of our Lord' promise,...the seeking
Of the kingdom of God,and His righteousness,He will supply our needs until He allows us to die..He is our ONLY HOPE,and Whom we are to
put all of our trust in.

* This is the Key !

He must increase,we must decrease,

elizabeth

2013/10/21 21:52Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Bearmaster,
I know that many speak For Christ and are not heard but these are not the "voice in the wilderness" as prescribed by the bible.John the Baptist was a 100% successful.Just because you speak the truth and are not heard doesnt make you a voice in the wilderness,
Staff

2013/10/22 19:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy