SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : This Is What Heretical, Counterfeit Christianity in Action Looks Like

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 This Is What Heretical, Counterfeit Christianity in Action Looks Like

“We must now have the courage to take the final step and call homophobia and heterosexism what they are. They are sin. Homophobia is a sin. Heterosexism is a sin. Shaming people for who they love is a sin. Only when all our churches say that clearly and boldly and courageously will our LGBT youth be free to grow up in a culture that totally embraces them as they fully are.”

These aren’t the words of an outspoken gay activist at a rally. Or, well, maybe they sort of are. These words came from the lips of Rev. Gary Hall, the dean of Washington’s National Cathedral, in a recent Sunday sermon. Hall was speaking during a weekend that honored lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth and commemorated the 15th anniversary of Matthew Shepard’s death. Shepard was tragically murdered in an anti-gay hate crime in 1998.

But Hall’s sermon wasn’t an isolated instance or any sort of departure from his ...

read more: http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/watchman-on-the-wall/41390-this-is-what-heretical-counterfeit-christianity-in-action-looks-like

2013/10/17 13:10Profile

Re: This Is What Heretical, Counterfeit Christianity in Action Looks Like

I work for a very large, conservative company.

Yesterday, I received an email that said this:

Subject:
"You're invited to learn more about bullying at the PRIDE history month event".

Body of email:
Date, time and location are given and then this...

Organized by: PRIDE (the word PRIDE printed inside a rainbow colored globe) and then...
October is Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) History Month

This is actually kind of shocking for this company. They are using "Bullying" to give preference to a group that defines themselves by their sexual preference. I never see any initiatives to protect Christians from bullying or harassment. How would people react if we had a "Christian History Month"?

So, does that mean we can establish a "Heterosexual, Straight History Month? Probably no more than someone in Congress can create the "Congressional White Caucus" organization, or NAAWP - National Assocation for the Advancement of White People.

Of course, I think these things are ridiculous but it does beg the question why these other groups are being treated with such "importance".

Psalm 11:3 If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

2013/10/17 14:28
MaryJane

Re:

by just-in on 2013/10/17 11:28:13

I work for a very large, conservative company.

Yesterday, I received an email that said this:

Subject:
"You're invited to learn more about bullying at the PRIDE history month event".

Body of email:
Date, time and location are given and then this...

Organized by: PRIDE (the word PRIDE printed inside a rainbow colored globe) and then...
October is Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) History Month

Greetings
I am just curious will you go to the event? Will there be any repercussions if you choose not to go?

God bless
maryjane

2013/10/17 15:07Profile

Re:

Of course I won't go. No one is being forced to go......this year. If I was told this was a requirement, I would gladly leave the company and be on my merry way and I would not look (longingly) back.

2013/10/17 19:39
MaryJane

Re:

Thanks for answering. I hope my asking didn't come off as being pushy. I am hearing from others that more and more companies are requiring their employees to attend these kinds of events and that is why I asked. It could very soon come to a point where those who hold to their conviction and choose not to attend will lose their jobs.

Thank you for sharing and I am thankful that you are not being forced to take part. Praise GOD for that :)

God bless
mj

2013/10/17 19:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy