SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Huge Massacre in North Korea’s Killing Fields

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Huge Massacre in North Korea’s Killing Fields

The disappearance of at least some 20,000 prisoners of conscience from North Korea's Camp 22-a massive concentration camp-is a huge massacre of an already brutalized population, reports Jeremy Reynalds, Senior Correspondent for ASSIST News Service.

The camp was geographically larger than Los Angeles and thought to have once held between 30,000 to 50,000 prisoners.

According to a story by Robert Park published in Forbes and the Chicago Tribune, satellite photographs indicate that guard posts, interrogation and detention facilities at the camp had been razed last year. By that time, those accused and exploited had been reduced to about 3,000. ...

read more: http://www.christiantelegraph.com/issue21333.html

2013/10/16 12:00Profile

Re: Huge Massacre in North Korea’s Killing Fields

There is no excuse for the whole world ignoring this holocaust. Nor the church. Thank God for those who listen and care about these oppressed people and for the Christians who are being persecuted there. And I thank God for the intercessors who come on Persecution Watch who have prayed regularly for North Korea and the other 60 nations where so many are persecuted.

L.Manto

2013/10/16 17:14

Re:

The excuse is that the "world" hates God. What do they care about His Church?

2013/10/16 18:04

Re:

"Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body."

"'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'"

"And behold, one of those who were with Jesus reached and drew out his sword, and struck the slave of the high priest and cut off his ear. Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword. “Or do you think that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels? “How then will the Scriptures be fulfilled, which say that it must happen this way?” (Mat. 26: 51-54).

“HE WAS LED AS A SHEEP TO SLAUGHTER;
AND AS A LAMB BEFORE ITS SHEARER IS SILENT,
SO HE DOES NOT OPEN HIS MOUTH.

“IN HUMILIATION HIS JUDGMENT WAS TAKEN AWAY;
WHO WILL RELATE HIS GENERATION?
FOR HIS LIFE IS REMOVED FROM THE EARTH.”

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves."

2013/10/16 19:04

Re:

It is understandable that the world is silent on persecution of Christians. There will come a time when the world will even applaud the persecution of Christians.

My question is why is the Western evangelical church silent on the persecution of Christians?

Praise God some saints are taking notice of the persecuted.

Please come and raise your voice for the suffering cburch on Persecution Watch tonight. Call is 8pm Central time. Number is 559.726.1300. Access code is 340296#.

Blaine Scogin
Persecution Watch

2013/10/16 19:21

Re:

When you say "Western evangelical church" who do you mean? Are you speaking of the worldly church or the Church of Jesus Christ? I believe the Church of Jesus Christ is praying and making their voices heard. Aren't you part of the Church of Jesus Christ?

Why do we always blame "the church" and yet don't distinguish who we are talking about. We haphazardly level accusations at the Church of Jesus Christ when we don't have that kind of information regarding what they are doing or not doing. All of sudden we are a spiritual NSA and can confidently say that the Church is silent?

Organizations can call themselves the "Church", but it does not mean they are. I think it is always easy "pickins" to criticize the worldly, false church. I would rather they repent and return to their first love, than make them feel bad about not raising their voices for a certain cause. They need repentance more than they need good works.

2013/10/16 19:50

Re:

Just-in I am making reference to the Western evangelical church as that which expouses a belief in Jesus Christ. What one brother would call Christendom. For the most part Western Christendom has been silent on the persecuted.

And brother I am not blowing steam when I say this. As call facilitator for Persecution Watch I read profiles and articles about the persecuted church in other nations. Articles I have read, some posted in this forum, have decried the silence of Western Christendom toward the persecuted church. Much as the German church was silent over the slaughter of the Jews

I speak with people about the persecuted church in main stream churches and they look at me as if I were from Mars. (Well we are to be strangers and ailiens:))

I believe I read where Rand Paul wrote 300 church leaders to speak out for the persecuted. He only got two responses from his appeal.

Yes. There is a small group of saints who is hearing the cry of the persecuted. Praise God. But there is still a deafening silence from the Western church.

Blaine Scogin

2013/10/16 20:45

Re:

I understand your passion for the Persecuted Church and your disappointment in those who call themselves Christians. But, I submit to you, they have a much more serious problem than not having a heart for the persecuted. Quite possibly, they do not have a heart for the Lord so don't be too disappointed in them for the former.

We are enjoined to "remember those who are in bonds as being bound with them". Those who have a heart for the Lord have a heart for the hurting (of all kinds).

If we convey disappointment to people, they are more apt to do good works in front of you out of guilt rather than a changed heart.

2013/10/16 22:16
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Re: Huge Massacre in North Korea’s Killing Fields

This is what happened to me this morning when I read this article:

I was horrifed(as many times before)by the suffering our brothers and sisters in North Korea have to endure and I tried praying for relief and freedom for them, but strangely I felt almost incapacitated from doing so, coming to the understanding of how precious the faith of the Korean Saints is to the Lord because it is pure and devoted. The removal of persecution, as crazy as this seems from a human point of view, would inevitably lead to an increase in lukewarmness and their love for the Lord would decrease. What a loss that would be! But I didn't get the full message the Holy Spirit had for me today until I followed a lead on the same website to this article:

http://www.christiantelegraph.com/issue13122.html

It contains this quote of a North Korean women who fled the country :

"As for the people of North Korea, the great majority hear nothing about the Gospel. Many of them never hear about Christ as Lord and King. They do not hear of the Bible as God's Word."

I immediately broke into tears when I read this, feeling like the Lord placed his pain on my own heart. I cried for quite some time, flooded with the realization that God's grief was for the NON-Believers in North Korea, and even for the perpetrators, living in utter darkness, even now.

Luke 23:34
And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

Please do not misread what I shared as a statement saying we ought not to pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters! I'm simply sharing what happened without adding an opinion of my own. Perhaps we can ask the Lord HOW He would have us pray for them.

2013/10/17 1:25Profile

Re: Sola Veritas

Brother in the early days of Persecution Watch we cried out freedom for those imprisoned for their faith in Jesus Christ. But as our call matured over the last few years we have been praying that God would use the sufferings of the persecuted for His glory. We have been calling out to God that the persecuted would be faithful in sharing Jesus in the midst of their trials and tribulations.

The persecuted ask for prayer. They will say please pray that we not escape the trials but endure them and be faithful in our suffering for Christ.

Blaine Scogin

2013/10/17 10:09

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy