SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pastor Chuck Smith, 86, dies after cancer battle

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Pastor Chuck Smith, 86, dies after cancer battle

Only one life, ’twill soon be past,
Only what’s done for Christ will last.
And when I am dying, how happy I’ll be,
If the lamp of my life has been burned out for Thee.”
C.T.Studd

Chuck Smith heard this when he was 16 years old. After being saved, he responded to The Lord's call.He was God's chosen vessel for a great move of God in the 20th century. His voice familiar to so many.

Thank you, Father for blessing a whole generation with your servant, Chuck Smith.

Thank you for honoring him here on this website, Greg

LM

2013/10/5 1:48
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

When I was 3 years old in the Lord, struggling to reconcile "conflicting" ideas within the Bible, a young 29 year old Calvary Chapel pastor said these words..."If it is in the Scriptures I believe it." The Lord works in diverse ways, but those who rely on the Holy Scriptures will not stray far from the path. Chuck Smith was a man used by God to return man to "simply" learn and then teach line by line from the Scriptures. I have been in many Calvary Chapels, and most have been very similar. The people come from all races and walks of life, but they share the unity of Scripture which overcomes the cultural differences amongst the people. One of the first things I look for when I enter a church...are there blacks, whites, asians, and latinos gathering to worship the Lord. Are there wealthy people sitting next to former drug addicts? Are there wholesome families hugging former gang bangers. This is the outward evidence of what the Holy Spirit is able to do for those who feed on the Holy Scriptures together. Many of the Calvary Chapels are filled with these kinds of people.

Pastor Chuck was blessed by the Lord. He never had to retire...He was like Caleb.

2013/10/6 15:04Profile
staff

Re:

Thank you Lord for him,It feels like another great is gone though.His voice His voice I will remember.
Thanks for Calvary,Amen
Staff

2013/10/6 19:19Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

hi rookie,

wow, i love how you put it and totally feel you on what you wrote. the thing that stood out to me the most about calvary chapel was the genuine love the members showed to one another and to newcomers/visitors like myself. you could truly sense the presence of God through the bond of peace and love that was so clearly evident and all that stemming from a foundation on the expository preaching of the Word...and regarding the whole caleb analogy, pastor chuck had over 60 years of faithful ministry! quite an impressive amount of time and what a blessing it must have been for him as it also clearly was a blessing to so many around him, myself included. i truly wish and pray i could be even half the man of God that pastor chuck was, not in regards to ministry and popularity, but in regards to his humility and gentleness and kindness and love and compassion...i am so thankful to the Lord for giving me such a clear and tangible example of what it means to be Christlike in every facet of ones life...o what God can do with a man by His amazing grace, our God is so faithful and wonderful in all that He does!

2013/10/7 3:00Profile
JoshG

Re: amrkelly comment

Sorry if I offended you or seemed insensitive. I didn't mean to. I like Chuck's preaching a lot. I've just been troubled by that one incident for a while... Thanks for your response :)

2013/10/7 20:19Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

Thank you so much brother Greg for the sermon you posted by Pastor Chuck. I just listened to it and it was a tremendous blessing and timely reminder for me. It really spoke to my heart as I have been striving to be a "vessel set apart for noble use." Man...I miss him so much, but at the same time it stirs my heart to press on toward Christ all-the-more. Thanks again for the post and hope you have a blessed week in the Lord :)

2013/10/9 0:42Profile

Re:

Chuck was a real "mensch".

2013/10/9 3:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy