SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : News Alert and Warning! - Friend's healthcare costs after signing onto Obama Care

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

News Alert and Warning! - Friend's healthcare costs after signing onto Obama Care

He has Type I diabetes and he signed onto ObamaCare. He put in all the information that was requested of him. Name, address, and other information and of course, how much income he makes. He chose the range of 45,000 to 50,000. He chose the "Silver Plan" but said he did not get to see the cost of the plans until all of his information was entered.

The facts:

His premium will be 590.00 per month with a deductible of 14,300.00 per year. That will come out to roughly 21,000.00 out of pocket money per year.

He was shocked and decided to "opt-out". Once he opted out a pop-up screen told him that he would have to pay a 4300.00 penalty for opting out and if he did not pay it that his wages would be garnished. If that was not possible a Federal Lien would be put on his house.

I will not add to this my thoughts or opinions. I don't think there is any need to. I just knew it was important to let people know that once they decided to enter all their information and then opt-out, a Federal record of them and their decision has already been saved.

I will only say that it is not good to be ignorant of laws that could affect you and your family in a serious way.

2013/10/2 21:27

Re: News Alert and Warning! - My friend's healthcare costs after signing onto Ob

I just found a link regarding my friend's experience. I forgot about the threat to revoke his license.

http://www.infowars.com/obamacare-fines-to-be-seized-from-bank-accounts/

2013/10/2 21:45
romanchog

Re: News Alert and Warning! - My friend's healthcare costs after signing onto Ob

So sorry to hear this. Perhaps your friend can switch plans?

Thanks for this warning. I have no insurance and I went on today to look for insurance so I could fulfill the law. Unlike your friend, I was only asked my age, the number of people I wanted to cover, and the zip code.

I was shocked that the minimum premium that was listed was $140 a month. That may not seem like much, but if you see what is included in this insurance, you will see it is a joke. You get 5 (ONLY 5) doctor visits a year. A co-payment of $40 per visit is required. The deductible is 10,000. Only preventative labs and diagnostics are covered. SO if I DO get sick they won't pay for the labs to make me better!

I had the opportunity to chat with someone in the system. I asked about this and they said to come back in Nov. because more plans would be available then. I am REQUIRED to sign on by Dec 15 to have coverage by Jan 1.

I asked about the subsidies. I was given a link to a website. At this site, I was asked my family size (7) and income amount. I am making way below the poverty level, but just to see how it might play out next year when I (pray) I start earning more income, I put in an income of $33,000. I was told that with that information I was eligible for medicaid, so I couldn't get a subsidy. The thing is, I am NOT eligible for medicaid NOW when I have so little income so I definitely won't be eligible if I am making $33,000.

2013/10/2 22:02Profile

Re:

I'm really sorry this may cause you some hardships, romanchog. The day of low premiums and low deductibles may be over. That is the problem with government health care vs the free market. You cannot regulate the government but the government can regulate public and private companies telling them that they must treat pre-existing condition or their premiums are too high, etc, etc. But the government is not regulated except by itself. (Fox in the henhouse). I believe this will be another Ponzi scheme, like Social Security.

Notice that I am not vilifying people or denigrating authorities, just talking about issues and warning people about a possible trap. I will continue to pray for "all those in authority".

2013/10/2 22:08
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: They never asked the doctors

The affordable health care act was never about healthcare, had it been they would have asked for input from American doctors. Rather it was a scheme to redistribute wealth, and the shock of what The American voters have done to themselves is just beginning to pop the surface.

It is a new age of slavery, and it is not going to be pretty. This is what happens when a people reject serving God and believe some Godless government system will take care of them.

Good bye America, land of the free...

2013/10/2 23:04Profile

Re:

There were many things wrong with healthcare in America and several things could have been done to improve it. Tort reform was one of the important things they could have fixed but didn't. Because nothing was ever done to fix issues with it, one administration completely scrapped it which was not necessary. And you are right, the Affordable Health Care Act does not give us more nurses or doctors or better hospitals. It does not improve healthcare as far as we know. We will soon find out. One thing we now know is that it is not AFFORDABLE.

I may be wrong but I thought according to the Federalist papers and States' rights, a state could refuse a Federal law. Someone once said, "We won't know what is in the bill until we pass it". Well, we really did not know about it even after it was passed. But, now that people are signing up, they are finding out. I wonder if any States will exercise their legal right to refuse this Federal law?

http://www.galen.org/
http://www.changeboardrecert.com/

2013/10/2 23:18
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

This is shocking and unbelievable. I know it's not helping much if I say this, but why again was the Canadian Healthcare system vilified in the American discussions leading up to this? I pay no premiums, no deductible and get as many doctor and hospital visit as needed. When our income was under the poverty level we got all this (plus meds!)basically for free because then we were barely paying any taxes. Now that we earn decent wages we pay fairly heavy taxes and I'm ok with that, considering the benefits I get. Sometimes people here gripe about waiting times for operations and doctor coverage in rural areas but generally I don't know a person who seriously worries about healthcare, it's just there, it's working and taken for granted. Couldn't they have done something similar for their citizens in the US? I just don't get that.

2013/10/2 23:20Profile

Re:

Probably because no one understood and maybe just heard stories of long wait times...or maybe they did understand.

Thank you for confirming that you do pay heavy taxes and do have wait times. We had neither of those under free market health insurance.

Could they have done something? Well, once you know something good or have something good, it is real tough to accept a poor replacement. The current system should have been improved not scrapped. Obviously, people are not swallowing this real well. Currently, the Republicans are trying to get a delay on the individual mandate just like the President delayed the business mandate. Neither are breaking the law or both are breaking the law.

2013/10/2 23:28
proudpapa

Re:

Sidewalk wrote: ///The affordable health care act was never about healthcare, had it been they would have asked for input from American doctors. Rather it was a scheme to redistribute wealth, and the shock of what The American voters have done to themselves is just beginning to pop the surface.
It is a new age of slavery, and it is not going to be pretty. This is what happens when a people reject serving God and believe some Godless government system will take care of them.
Good bye America, land of the free...///

Yes very well said, all of the Doctors that I know are opposed to this, It is not good, it could be very detrimental to small buisnesses such as my own.

2013/10/3 8:15Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///Thank you for confirming that you do pay heavy taxes and do have wait times. We had neither of those under free market health insurance.///

exactly,

2013/10/3 8:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy