SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Because of Early Homeschool Pioneers, many today enjoy the Freedom to Homeschool

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Because of Early Homeschool Pioneers, many today enjoy the Freedom to Homeschool

Homeschooling is legal in all 50 states, though some states are more restrictive than others. Today, many people enjoy the freedom to homeschool their children, chiefly because of 1st generation homeschoolers who were willing to stand up and suffer hardship and persecution by the state. Ironically, they sought relief from the same state and won relief for themselves and we who homeschool, today. This is true in Texas and many other states.

Here is an account:
http://www.hslda.org/hs/state/TX/TexasMemorandum.asp

Here are many cases of Christian families seeking relief by the state from the state.
http://www.hslda.org/legal/state/default.asp

2013/10/2 12:40
proudpapa

Re: Because of Early Homeschool Pioneers, many today enjoy the Freedom to Homeschool

Very good, excelant point to add to the current discussions.

I am very thankful for the freedom to Homeschool!

Now Christian children are no longer forced to set 7-8 hours for 13 years under John Dewey Philosophies

A remenant is being raised up out of the current homeschool homes

2013/10/2 13:20Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

A sign of how dark the times are getting. I was surprised to learn that a large majority of those in some areas who are homeschooling their children are not Christian. I was also shocked to learn about some of the support groups who are out there. In my area we have a pagan homeschool support group as well as a wicca homeschool group. I know there are still many families who homeschool who love the LORD, but they are no longer the only ones.

God bless
maryjane

2013/10/2 13:58Profile

Re:

But that is ok, MaryJane. Freedom to homeschool is not just for Christians. But, why would you be shocked? It only underscores how many people view the public schools as unfit for their children and Christians are not the only ones that notice this.

A more important sign of the increasingly "dark times" is that more and more Christians are choosing to homeschool. You can be sure that there will be backlash soon, because every child not in a public school is money that the public school is losing. And also, these homeschool kids are not being molded by the state which is very important to the state.

I am grateful for the sacrifices and prayers of previous generation homeschoolers. Do you homeschool or were you homeschooled, MaryJane?

2013/10/2 14:04
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings
Yes I homeschool my children, but no I was not personally homeschooled myself. I was shocked because when I began homeschooling almost every family was Christian and that is not the case any more. I was also sad to realize that I really don't have any families in my area to meet with like I use to. I am not going to join the pagan or wicca support group and the all inclusive group was way to political for me so here we are. :)

I realize my post was off topic for your thread though and for that I apologies.

God bless
maryjane

2013/10/2 15:39Profile

Re:

No apologies needed. Conversations often veer off and don't stay linear and that is ok. Easy enough to veer back on topic.

Yeah, it is nice to be in a network of homeschoolers. Usually, many in today's churches are homeschooling. I take it this is not the case in your fellowship.

2013/10/2 15:50

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy