SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian TV host asks God for ‘military takeover’ of Obama’s presidency

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I think Rick Joyner is playing into the hands of Homeland Security. That agency has already classified followers of Christ as terrorist. So to make such statements is simply going to invite a roundup of Christians who will be considered as enemies if the state.

A more likely scenereo is the President declares martial law if this shut down continues and we come to an economic slow down. But the same thing plays out. Christians are rounded up and put in Federal detention centers as enemies of the state.

Can't happen you say? Then explain the incarceration of Japanese Americans by FDR during WWII. And that was done be executive order.

Bearmaster.

2013/10/2 13:54

Re:

2013/10/2 14:07
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

Hmmm.... I actually read the article. Not exactly as seems to be portrayed .. which is typical.

In part the context had to be understood.

Joyner clarified what he was saying -

Quote:
“The people are not always right, it depends on what people they are. And another thing the founders warned about is this thing will only work for a moral and a religious people. You remove morality, you remove the religious influence, and it cannot work.”

“We’re headed for serious tyranny, a terrible tyranny right now,” he continued. “But guess what? The kingdom is coming, the Kingdom of God is coming. And America is not the Kingdom of God. I think we have been used in some wonderful and powerful ways by God, we’ve been one of the most generous nations in history. We’ve done so much good.”

“That’s why I appeal to the Lord: Don’t let us be totally destroyed, please raise up those who will save us. And as I’ve been telling friends for a long time, no election is going to get the right person in there because the system is so broken.”

He states that righteousness is severely lacking in our government and appeals to the Lord to save this once great land. He speculates that a military intervention may be the only thing equal to that task.

Is he correct in that assumption?

It is true that many military leaders who are seen as less than willing to subvert the constitution have been forced to retire the last few years. There has been a clear attempt over the last several years to put as many senior leaders as possible into place that will unquestioningly obey orders from the white house regardless of the implications against the constitution,

2013/10/2 14:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
by bearmaster on 2013/10/2 13:42:47

I must concur with Frank. Like it or not ( and I don't like it), Obama care is the law of the land.

Bearmaster.

Bearmaster, no one has to like Obamacare and they have have the freedom to work with their State representatives to repeal it. Do you know how I know this?

SLAVERY WAS ONCE THE LAW OF THE LAND, too, but no longer.

My observations are:

The President is already breaking the law by making exceptions for over 1200 groups.

It is very interesting that one side accuses the other of operating outside of the law to change the ACA law, while (ironically) the President himself is operating outside of the law and changing it for some groups at his own whim. He and his side are calling the other side anarchists and he does not see that what he is doing (operating outside of his law by changing it for some) is the same thing.

For the record (again), I strongly disagree with Joyner on his suggestion for the military to overthrow the Admin. Lincoln was part of 600,000 Americans dying, let's not do it again.

2013/10/2 14:45
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Joyner added that the “only hope is a military takeover, martial law.”

What a fool instead calling Christian to pray and fast and repent for the sins of the nations, he says the only hope is a military takeover...

He is a Idiot....

2013/10/2 14:53Profile

Re:

It is truly sad and irresponsible, Colin. I hope the Church repudiates him and I think many are, through emails and articles. He should repent publicly of his very public statement. How do we expect the Lord to work through the State if we set ourselves up as enemies against them for things other than the Gospel? God gave us the KJV through the state and He has worked through them on many others things to give us a peaceful place to live. But Joyner is just "bucking" for a fight and it has nothing to do with the Gospel.

This is an "evil work" by Joyner.

Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

2013/10/2 15:00

Re:

Gave us the KJV through the state??????? Oh boy.

I thought 90 percent of the work of the KJV was the work of William Tyndale who was executed by the state for translating the Bible into English.

Only a few years later a King called James took credit for work that had been done by one of God's martyrs executed by said state.

Bearmaster

2013/10/2 16:03
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re:

Just-in wrote

Quote:
It is truly sad and irresponsible, Colin. I hope the Church repudiates him and I think many are, through emails and articles. He should repent publicly of his very public statement. How do we expect the Lord to work through the State if we set ourselves up as enemies against them for things other than the Gospel? God gave us the KJV through the state and He has worked through them on many others things to give us a peaceful place to live. But Joyner is just "bucking" for a fight and it has nothing to do with the Gospel.

This is an "evil work" by Joyner.

Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

This raises a very interesting question .... at least for Americans. British and Canadians may have their own interesting perspectives as well I suppose.

The question then is this -

Do you hold that the US War of Independence was then an unjust war and done in clear violation of God's Word in the Romans 13:3 verse you quoted?

Was the Declaration of Independence conceived in rebellion to God and the Revolutionary War and subsequent US Constitution then based upon raw rebellion to God and His ordained authority?

Were the founders of the Republic also engaging in an "evil work" in your opinion?

I don't know that I really have a strong opinion myself. However on the surface it seems that however a person views one might be how they have to view the other.

After all ... when it is said and done the US War for Independence from Britain was fougt over taxes. It was a tax revolt pure and simple. The British believed that the colonists should foot at least part of the costs for garrisoning the troops there to protect them. These British troops were in the colonies at the colonists request. When asked to pay part of the cost of their expenses by a small set of very modest taxes the colonists revolted. British powers responded with force to "enforce" the taxes ... each side amassed arms... shots were fired at Concord ... and the rest is history, as they say.

Would people today feeling they were having a similar taxation set on them without just representation in their minds be in the same position as the colonists?

Were the colonists being ungodly? Is a person rebelling at what they believe to be unjust taxes being ungodly?

Not sure I really have an opinion yet but it is very interesting to consider and it will be debated more and more as this plays out. It may be important for churches to get the mind of God on this as it will certainly become a front burner issue for more and more people.

If ever we needed wisdom it is today!

2013/10/2 16:27Profile

Re:

Hi Learjet, where in the quote did I say that it was lawless to vote? Please do not say about me what I did not say. I cannot help it if you do not or did not understand that this has been voted into law already in 2009. It was then challenged as unconstituinoal and the Supreme court of the land deemed it to be constitutional.

This is my last word on the subject, there is no fruit in any of it. I believe that people are bound and determined to go down a certain path and that is fine............Frank

2013/10/2 16:41
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: I thought 90 percent of the work of the KJV was the work of William Tyndale who was executed by the state for translating the Bible into English.

Quote: Only a few years later a King called James took credit for work that had been done by one of God's martyrs executed by said state.

Not a few years but 76 years...and the he was murdered in Brussels which is in Belgium.. not in the UK..

In 1535, Tyndale was arrested and jailed in the castle of Vilvoorde (Filford) outside Brussels for over a year. In 1536 he was convicted of heresy and executed by strangulation, after which his body was burnt at the stake. His dying request that the King of England's eyes would be opened seemed to find its fulfillment just two years later with Henry's authorization of The Great Bible for the Church of England—which was largely Tyndale's own work. Hence, the Tyndale Bible, as it was known, continued to play a key role in spreading Reformation ideas across the English-speaking world and eventually, on the global British Empire.

His version worked prominently into the Geneva Bible which was taken to the New World to Jamestown, Virginia in 1607, and on the Mayflower in 1620.

Notably, in 1611, the 54 independent scholars who created the King James Version, drew significantly from Tyndale, as well as translations that descended from his. One estimate suggests the New Testament in the King James Version is 83% Tyndale's, and the Old Testament 76%.

The King James Version (KJV), commonly known as the Authorized Version (AV) or King James Bible (KJB), is an English translation of the Christian Bible for the Church of England begun in 1604 and completed in 1611. First printed by the King's Printer Robert Barker, this was the third translation into English to be approved by the English Church authorities. The first was the Great Bible commissioned in the reign of King Henry VIII, and the second was the Bishops' Bible of 1568. In January 1604, King James I convened the Hampton Court Conference where a new English version was conceived in response to the perceived problems of the earlier translations as detected by the Puritans, a faction within the Church of England.

2013/10/2 16:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy