SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : article about healthcare law and abortion

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

""Letting him die" is certainly beyond the pale and demonic. "

Indeed brother, on that we agree..........bro Frank

2013/10/2 12:44
proudpapa

Re: article about healthcare law and abortion

///Left unchecked, this new health-care law is fully capable of leading the United States into becoming a police state. That may sound crazy to some – like I should be wearing a tinfoil hat or something – but I’m a student of history, and it doesn’t take long to see the scope of past civilizations that have been seduced into surrendering first their rights and then their lives, all under the offer of some so-called protection.///

This is reality, and the true motive behind such social reform, one does not have to be a strong student of Lenin to be aware of how he taught his followers to over take a society.

We do not need to be pro toloterian communism to feel spirtual about ourselves,

We can be for a government that honores and respects religious freedom and liberty and still be a Christian and still find our peace in God

2013/10/2 12:59Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

First let me say thank you for the replies. The more I consider this article the more I see what troubled me(personally) from reading it. In a very subtle way I felt like the author was implying that if I did in fact buy insurance through the government that I would be supporting abortion. I do not support abortion but the writer seems to imply that if you pay this tax(which I do believe this law is, a new tax) then you are supporting abortion. I have no control how the government uses the taxes they collect anymore then those Christians had control over what Caesar did with the monies he took from people.

This was just what I was seeing on a personal level after reading this article.

God bless
maryjane

2013/10/2 14:08Profile

Re:

MaryJane, if you pay taxes you are already supporting heinous things by this government or any government in this world.

Jesus knew this and gave us an "out". "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's."

That does not mean that people cannot work within the system to repeal ungodly laws that take advantage of people.

Please don't think that your taxes go to honorable things. The Lord has given you release from that condemnation because He knows this world and also knows that we would not be able to live in any country on this earth if we all refused to pay taxes.

I had a friend who did this and the net result was that he had his house confiscated and still had to pay all his back taxes to stay out of jail. Do you know what all that pain and hardship taught him and his family? That they should pay their taxes.

What good does it do your children or husband if you "stand on principle" and spend 10 years in prison for something that God told you to do?..."render to Caesar". Jesus Himself, rendered to Caesar.

2013/10/2 14:53
MaryJane

Re:

by just-in on 2013/10/2 11:53:48

MaryJane, if you pay taxes you are already supporting heinous things by this government or any government in this world.

Jesus knew this and gave us an "out". "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's."

That does not mean that people cannot work within the system to repeal ungodly laws that take advantage of people.

Please don't think that your taxes go to honorable things. The Lord has given you release from that condemnation because He knows this world and also knows that we would not be able to live in any country on this earth if we all refused to pay taxes.

I had a friend who did this and the net result was that he had his house confiscated and still had to pay all his back taxes to stay out of jail. Do you know what all that pain and hardship taught him and his family? That they should pay their taxes.

What good does it do your children or husband if you "stand on principle" and spend 10 years in prison for something that God told you to do?..."render to Caesar". Jesus Himself, rendered to Caesar.

That was the point I was trying to make.(sorry if what I shared was not clear) I do pay my taxes, I even carry health insurance. I realize the government does what ever it wants to regarding how they spend the money they take.

I also believe we are to follow JESUS example and do as HE did. "render unto the US government what is due the US government."(my only wish is that they wouldn't see so much of my husbands check as theirs ;)

God bless
maryjane

2013/10/2 15:41Profile

Re:

Hi MaryJane,

I understand but what did you mean by this? Sorry, guess I am a bit dense.

(my only wish is that they wouldn't see so much of my husbands check as theirs ;)

2013/10/2 15:48
MaryJane

Re:

by just-in on 2013/10/2 12:48:42

Hi MaryJane,

I understand but what did you mean by this? Sorry, guess I am a bit dense.

(my only wish is that they wouldn't see so much of my husbands check as theirs ;)

:) It was my rather sad attempt at being funny. My husband keeps telling me I should stop trying, I should listen to him. What I meant was how much the government takes out of our paycheck for taxes ect. Because taxes where I live are rather high but then that is state and not federal anyway....my husband is right I should stop trying to make jokes :)

Anyway hope that clears things up.

God bless
mj

2013/10/2 15:57Profile

Re:

I do appreciate your humor and my apologies for needing an explanation.

It's been a slow day today. I have not posted this much in a long time.

2013/10/2 17:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy