SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : article about healthcare law and abortion

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

article about healthcare law and abortion

By Troy Newman

Today I’ve become an outlaw, a dissenter, an enemy of the state. Without my consent, the U.S. Congress passed a law that forces my conscience and conviction into an inescapable corner. I do not want to be in this position. I did not ask for it. I have not even taken a single action that would put me on the wrong side of the law – yet, somehow, here I am suddenly “breaking” it.

Eighteen years ago, I left my full-time job with an aerospace firm in San Diego to become a full-time ordained minister. When I left my employment, I also left my health insurance. Since my new position as a minister scarcely paid the bills, my family relied on God’s provision to cover all of our health-care needs, as well as everything else in our lives. Again and again, God showed Himself faithful, and I slowly learned over the next two decades to put all of my trust in Him.

When my children were born, the money to pay the doctors was delivered, too. When someone was sick, or needed stiches, or a broken bone set, or a minor surgery, God would provide the means necessary to cover the medical costs incurred.

Thankfully, all seven of us have been relatively healthy. We eat right, we exercise, and we don’t participate in risky lifestyles. (Though, some might argue that it was hazardous for five members of our family to pursue our black belts in martial arts.)

For the record, I’m not opposed to insurance. I have insurance on my house and car. I have a term life insurance policy in case the Lord takes me home a little early. But, when it comes to health insurance, each year I have weighed the costs and have opted to take a pay-as-you-go approach. For my family, that approach works, just as it works for hundreds of millions of people around the globe every day.

I also do not think I’m invincible. I am fully aware that this body of mine will not go on forever, but my life is in the Lord’s hands, and I believe history shows that there are far worse possibilities than death – like living under a totalitarian government with no respect for our belief in freedom.

Left unchecked, this new health-care law is fully capable of leading the United States into becoming a police state. That may sound crazy to some – like I should be wearing a tinfoil hat or something – but I’m a student of history, and it doesn’t take long to see the scope of past civilizations that have been seduced into surrendering first their rights and then their lives, all under the offer of some so-called protection.

I’ve read the health-care law; it isn’t going to protect, save, or help any of us. What it is going to do, however, is strip away our rights and directly fund abortion. I have consulted with several experts and law firms on the imbedded abortion funding in the new health-care law, and I can say with certainty: Obamacare forces us to pay for abortion.

So, let me be very clear: I may be the very person Congress is claiming to help, but I don’t want or need their assistance regarding my family’s health. I am a free citizen who pays my medical bills as they come. Furthermore, I am absolutely morally opposed to funding baby killers. In fact, I have spent the last two decades fighting to stop abortion, and I will be damned if I’m going to give them any money now.

This is not the case of a rebel searching for a cause. This cause found me when Congress decided our constitutional rights and our preborn children were expendable. I wasn’t a criminal yesterday, or for the past 18 years, but somehow today I find myself on the other side of the law. So be it. I’ve seen all the chest thumping coming from Washington, and I’ve heard all about “red lines” and “no negotiations,” but I’m just a simple man with a simple plan.

I’m not buying a health-care policy that will fund abortion, and I’m certainly not paying any penalty for freely choosing to do so. At some point, they may lock me up. Before that, I’ll probably get some threatening letters and a few visits from the health-care cops. At the end of the day, however, my answer will be the same:

I trust in the Lord and I comply with all just laws, but I will not comply with any unlawful mandate to participate in the killing of innocent children.

This article was shared with me and I found myself thinking "LORD how do you want me to respond to this?"
Everything about the abortion mandate in the healthcare law that is talked about in this article is true(to my understanding) so how does GOD want us to respond? Are we accountable for what our government does with the money it takes from us? In scripture JESUS said to render unto Caesars what is Caesars, but HE didn't go on to say "and make sure they only do good things with the money they take."

We need to be praying and seeking HIM in these days when dark clouds are gathering and the storm is about to begin

God bless
maryjane

2013/10/2 9:34Profile

Re: article about healthcare law and abortion

Thank you for the article, MaryJane. I thought it was well written and accurate. It reminds me of the article that Greg just posted regarding military members being persecuted if they don't vocally support homosexuality in the military.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=50411&forum=48A

2013/10/2 10:41

Re:

Unlike Rick Joyner, who is calling for the overthrow of the present Administration (whose policies, many of us do not agree with), we must still keep our hearts from hardening and our words from turning to poison, letting redemptive grace issue forth from our lives and evident in our prayers.

2013/10/2 10:59

HI Maryjane,

Respond to the article with the truth, the word of God. Romans 12 and 13 would be a good start. before the first century was out, Roman taxes and the treasure taken from the temple was being used, in part, to kill Christians.

The man in the article stated that he paid as he went. And if he gets some kind of serious cancer, incurring over a million dollars in debt, will he pay as he goes or will others pay with higher premiums? The man also stated that hundreds of millions of people around the world pay as they go. That is simply not true. America is the only country in the western world that does not have a system whereby all are covered.

I am amazed that if someone wanted to rebel against the authorities, that they would not rebel against Roe vs Wade rather than this. Why not shut the government down and demand that Roe vs Wade should be repealed? Now at least that would make sense to me.

There is a mean spirit in all of this, a very mean spirit. When the hypothetical was raised in the primaries for the Republican candidate about what should happen to a young man of 29 who had no insurance but had just been very seriously injured in a motor bike accident, what should be done with him, the crowd , a very right wing crowd, started to chant "let him die." I was astonished........ bro Frank

2013/10/2 11:17

Re:

That is astonishing, Appolus. I believe in America anyone can go to the Emergency room and not be denied care. Millions of illegal immigrants and some citizens use the Emergency room every day and end up getting free healthcare. "Letting him die" is certainly beyond the pale and demonic.

2013/10/2 11:50
romanchog

Re:

appolus wrote: "he man also stated that hundreds of millions of people around the world pay as they go. That is simply not true. America is the only country in the western world that does not have a system whereby all are covered."

Who do you define as the Western world? I don't think your statement would apply to most of the American continent (North and South included).

"There is a mean spirit in all of this, a very mean spirit. When the hypothetical was raised in the primaries for the Republican candidate about what should happen to a young man of 29 who had no insurance but had just been very seriously injured in a motor bike accident, what should be done with him, the crowd , a very right wing crowd, started to chant "let him die." I was astonished........"

Yes, there is a very mean spirit. It is the one thing that I have noticed in this movement, that there seems to be no compassion and brotherly love.

As to the rest of the article, eve though I feel strongly about abortion, as a single mom I cannot afford to be sent to jail for not buying insurance and not paying the penalty. I have stopped buying products from companies that support abortion (a list can be found online) because I do not want my money spent on promoting abortion, but this is something that I have no choice over.

2013/10/2 11:52Profile
proudpapa

very good artical,

RE:///I also do not think I’m invincible. I am fully aware that this body of mine will not go on forever, but my life is in the Lord’s hands, and I believe history shows that there are far worse possibilities than death – like living under a totalitarian government with no respect for our belief in freedom.///

I totally agree with this.

2013/10/2 11:56Profile
proudpapa

Re:

RE : ///Yes, there is a very mean spirit. It is the one thing that I have noticed in this movement, that there seems to be no compassion and brotherly love.///

That is the impression that the entertainment media and current administration is going to great lengths to give.

It seems that their efforts are indeed working

2013/10/2 12:06Profile

Re:

You're right proudpapa. It should be noted that this 'mean spirit" about "letting him die", was probably blown out of proportion and should not be used to stereotype an entire people. This happens much to easily even in SI.

2013/10/2 12:19
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///That is astonishing, Appolus. I believe in America anyone can go to the Emergency room and not be denied care. Millions of illegal immigrants and some citizens use the Emergency room every day and end up getting free healthcare. "Letting him die" is certainly beyond the pale and demonic.///

Yes, that is how it is !,

Their are laws already in the books that prevent the senero that appolus gave, so if their actually was a crowd (and not just staged) that this question was asked to, then they where well aware of that reality and where chanting sarcastically, knowing full well that the current system by law has to do all they can do to prevent such a death.

The hospital in my town has already had to cut over 20 nurseing jobs because of the new Obama care. My wifes sister whom is a Doctor with her own clinic is very opposed to the new Obama care.

The senero about the accident victim being denied care will be much more likely with the new social move than how things where in the past.

2013/10/2 12:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy