SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Not I But Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

Not I But Christ

A lot of times when God tells us to do something we tend to look at our own ability. Like Gideon when God called him and said, "You shall save Isreal from the hands of the Midianites", the first thing he did was look at his own ability or limitations. He said, "O my Lord how can I save Isreal? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house." And Moses when God said, He was going to send him to bring the children of Isreal out of Egypt, the first thing Moses said was, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Isreal out of Egypt." The issue is never who am I, the issue is who am I with God because you and God are the majority not the minority. Because with God all things are possible.

That's why I like David, he knew it wasn't about him. While the army of Isreal was afraid David was like, I don't care how big this guy is my God is bigger and me with God is an army. See, his focus was not on himself. He said, "This day will the Lord deliver you into my hands." That's the difference between thinking it's about you and knowing it's about God. When you think it's about you then you look at your limitations. When you know it's about God you know there is no limit.

Your mindset is important if you're going to be used by God. And sometimes our view of ourselves is different than God's view of us. But, God knows you better than you know yourself. He knows the potential in you and how to bring it out of you. So, when God tells you to do something he's doing it based on his view of you and not your view of you. That's where the children of Isreal messed up, when God told them to go in and posses the land they said there's giants in the land and we are but grasshoppers in our own sight and so we were in their sight. Well, a grasshopper with God is a giant.

They should have been more like Peter, he and the rest of the disciples saw Jesus walking on the water and Peter said, "Lord, if that be you bid me come to thee on the water." Peter knew all I need is a word from God to act on. But, notice there were 12 in the boat, but only one had the mind to step out. Everyone is not always ready to go where you go. Sometimes you might have to leave some folks behind. Peter had been with Jesus and saw the power of his words and caught the revelation that when he speaks to you he also empowers you. So, when God speaks to you he's not talking about your ability but his ability.

When God said that Sarah would bring forth a son in her old age she laughed and God asked, "Is there anything too hard for the Lord." Notice the scripture says, "I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me." God also says in the scriptures, "Be strong in the power of his might." Notice your ability is nowhere in those scriptures because it's not about you, but Christ.

2013/9/30 18:46Profile
ET101

Re: Not I But Christ

Amen! True.

This reminds me of a point Art Katz made in one of his sermons: Moses' response when God called him was 'who am I?'

God didn't refute the premise of that question or pamper Moses with niceties like 'oh but, you're a great man.'

No! It is about God's power.

As you put it:
'Notice your ability is nowhere in those scriptures because it's not about you, but Christ'

2013/10/1 4:44Profile
MEEKFLOWER

Re: Not I But Christ

Quote That's why I like David, he knew it wasn't about him. While the army of Isreal was afraid David was like, I don't care how big this guy is my God is bigger and me with God is an army. See, his focus was not on himself. He said, "This day will the Lord deliver you into my hands." That's the difference between thinking it's about you and knowing it's about God. When you think it's about you then you look at your limitations. When you know it's about God you know there is no limit.

Lord help me.

We are the apple of God's eyes, he will never push us away...

David, has no fear of Man. There is one man he fear's and that is God himself. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself, by Franklin D. Roosevelt - there is a reason why he mentioned this in his speech. He wanted the people to know what would come with fear and what you would get out of it. Bascially, fear comes in many different ways, and the only way you can see it is by controlling it. And if you don't have control of fear, then fear has control of you.

Also, God has not given us the Spirit of fear, but of Power, Love, and a Sound Mind.

2013/10/1 8:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy