SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prayer request

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sree

Prayer request

Please pray for me. I am being forced into doing certain rituals for my mother's funeral services as she died as a hindu. I believe doing certain things as a son is not wrong as long as I do not worship idols. But I am being forced into a different stages, I need discernment and wisdom to say no to certain rituals. I am in desperate need for wisdom and strength. I do not want to dishonor the lord in anyway. I want to boldly confess his name. Please pray for me.

2013/9/28 23:29Profile
romanchog

Re: Payer request

Praying for your wisdom and also for the LORD to sustain you in this difficult time.

2013/9/29 1:28Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1 Corinthians 9:19-22 for being free from all men, to all men I made myself servant, that the more I might gain; and I became to the Jews as a Jew, that Jews I might gain; to those under law as under law, that those under law I might gain; to those without law, as without law--(not being without law to God, but within law to Christ) --that I might gain those without law; I became to the infirm as infirm, that the infirm I might gain; to all men I have become all things, that by all means I may save some.

Make it the best ceremony they have ever seen and add the blessings of Christ for the reason.

I am praying God will give the wisdom and the words to bless and honor God and His Son Jesus Christ in all who hear you.

In Christ: Phillip

2013/9/29 5:32Profile
Sree

Re: Prayer request

Thank you everyone who prayed for me. I was able to take a stand by his power and tell them that I cannot do certain things as part of their rituals. Now God has strengthened me further to tell them that I cannot be present for their rituals altogether, even to visit it is like acknowledging what they do. It was a greatest temptation I have faced so far in my Christian walk. It was about dishonoring my parents in front of my relatives for the sake of Jesus. I chose Jesus. One day they will understand the love in my rejection.

2013/10/7 0:32Profile

Re:

Praise the Lord that He gave you strength to take a stand for Jesus.

2013/10/7 1:24
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Sree

I believe taking a stand for JESUS was the right thing to do. I am so thankful HE helped you in this time and pray HE will continue to strengthen you.

MY mother asked me to take care of the things surrounding her funeral when she dies. She is not a Christian, she is a Catholic and I told her as much as I love her I can not be apart of that. Stand firm in HIM always and know pleasing the LORD is what matters, not having men speak well of you.

God bless
maryjane

2013/10/7 7:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy