SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Record Number of Americans Believe Government Too Powerful

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Record Number of Americans Believe Government Too Powerful

Six in 10 Americans believe that government is too powerful, according to a new Gallup poll, the highest proportion since Gallup began asking the question in 2002. The partisan divide on the question has also grown a lot since President Barack Obama was elected.

When asked, "do you think the federal government today has too much power, has about the right amount of power, or has too little power," 60 percent of respondents answered "too much power," 32 percent answered, "about the right amount of power," and seven percent answered, "too little power."

In 2002, more Americans believed that government had the right amount of power, 52 percent, than believe that government had too much power, 39 percent. The proportion of those who believe the government has too little power has remained steady, at around six to eight percent, since 2002. ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/gallup-record-number-of-americans-believe-government-too-powerful-105241/

2013/9/25 12:52Profile

Re: Record Number of Americans Believe Government Too Powerful

Not only "too powerful", but how they use that power. Grossly unjust and law breakers disregarding the Constitution of the United States. This is a law they have taken an oath to uphold. When one has much power over people, the true motivations of the heart are revealed. Justice and mercy, or unjust and heavy-handed.

And many believe that Congress is acting like "Kings", and not benevolent and just Kings, either. Their attitude to many people is "What is good for us, is good for you. You just don't realize it yet". But on the contrary, Americans do realize the gross injustice that is taking place. Why do you think the Congressional approval level has been in the teens for the last decade? Yet, though their approval level is abysmal, they are thumbing their noses at the American people as they enjoy privileges that the common man cannot and in many cases are above the law, but you are not and never will be.

Well, these are more opportunities to trust in Jesus no matter what men may do.

2013/9/25 18:46

Re:

Christians should transcend political bias and cultural norms, anything else simply proves that the flesh is still in control and marks the triumph of the world over our spirits, let us walk according to the Spirit and not according to the flesh ..................bro Frank

2013/9/26 10:01

Re:

Just my observations. Nothing fleshly about them. I too believe, like Jesus that we should transcend the "party spirit" (politics). But, that does not mean i am blind to injustices on all levels. I am able to make similar observations regarding other governments for the "kingdoms of this world all lie in the power of the Evil One".

2013/9/26 11:00

Re:

Most observations are filtered through the flesh. There have been very few people that I have met who have not been shaped by their cultural and political background and bias. There are just some worlds we do not belong in. I am glad that the Lord told us that Justice belongs to Him and that His Kingdom is not of this world. May we all have eyes to see and walk in the reality of the Kingdom that was and is and is to come, and that walk takes us down the narrow focused path........bro Frank

2013/9/26 17:33
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Most observations are filtered through the flesh. There have been very few people that I have met who have not been shaped by their cultural and political background and bias. There are just some worlds we do not belong in. I am glad that the Lord told us that Justice belongs to Him and that His Kingdom is not of this world.

Amen dear brother for this perspective which is really the way we need to look at the world as followers of our Lord and King. We are looking for a city that is to come, a heavenly City!

2013/9/26 17:53Profile

Re:

"a heavenly City!"

A heavenly city indeed brother, we need souls that yearn for the Kingdom to come and a fellowship in this world of the burning heart...........bro Frank

2013/9/26 21:07

Re:

To Greg: what part of my post did you judge as fleshly?

You post many current events, sometimes with your additional opinion added to them. You have much experience in this area and that is why my question is directed to you.

2013/9/27 10:18

Re:

Just-in. - You seem to have taken these general truths personally. It is one thing to observe the state of the world and its events, it is quite another to get caught up in them. Many professing Christians are caught up in issues like health care and it does not promote Godliness in them nor is a witness for Christ who plainly told us that His kingdom is not of this world.........bro Frank

2013/9/27 13:08

Re:

Hi apollos,

I don't feel a need to defend myself because of your judgments that " I seem".

And, I don't believe I have seen you behaving this way towards other who post current events. I have not seen any judgments by you towards others in this respect so I can only assume that you SEEM particularly agitated by something else, today.

Just ask me a question instead of assuming as in "you seem".

2013/9/27 14:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy