SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Christians need to learn from al Shabaab

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ArthurRosh

Christians need to learn from al Shabaab

Christians need to learn from al Shabaab

Some thoughts on the Nairobi mall incident

That is demonstration not only of extreme evil but extreme faith

Extreme dedication

We Christians need to learn principles from al Shabaab

You cannot be lukewarm in faith for such actions

You must be very strong in your beliefs

What would happen if we Christians had such faith and dedication for Jesus and His cause to love the world?

2013/9/22 10:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Christians need to learn from al Shabaab

Arthur, might good if you would educate us to what you are referring to.

2013/9/22 11:54Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Arthur - yes let us willing surrender and be conformed to Christ death.

2013/9/22 16:08Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Arthur,

I understand what you are trying to say......but very poor choice of role model and very poor taste!
I have NOTHING to learn from such blood thirsty, hate filled killers!

Interestingly the Apostle Paul when looking for examples of dedication never used any freedom fighter or terrorist in his writings.

2013/9/22 16:55Profile
ArthurRosh

Re:

no lukewarmness

2013/9/22 19:55Profile

Re: Christians need to learn from al Shabaab

ohhhhhhh.

everytime I come back to this forum, looking for some fruit, or a Word....I just leave more broken hearted than the time before.

you speak lies.

2013/9/22 20:45
ArthurRosh

Re:

I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot.

Revelation 3:15

2013/9/22 21:16Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Some people seem to get offended so easy. The poster is using El Shabbob as only an example. They are very passionate about their belief. So passionate that they are putting legs on it and 'creating' something. ArthurRosh is simply saying if Christians put feet to their belief think of the things that would be set in motion.

Let me give some examples of what I think Arthur is saying. If you believe in prayer are you praying your heart out in the prayer closet? Are you doing times of fasting with it as well? Are you going out and doing some kind of witnessing? Are you going out and doing something to help your fellow man if even some decided to spit on you? Are you demonstrating the Love of God in your heart but sacrificing your time to help the elderly or maybe being a teacher of the bible? Or maybe even opening the door to pray with people in the city square?

The example of El Shabbob is only there for the extremist view albeit it in a negative way. Why get so touchy about it as to be offended. It isn't easy to offended me but I find when people get offended over silly nonsense it irks me inside.

John

2013/9/22 22:29Profile
ArthurRosh

Re:

read the testimony of CT Studd

2013/9/22 23:15Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear brothers and sisters,

We do need to see the great motivation of communist, cults and islam as a thing that should shame us. We have the truth, we have Jesus Christ who can change peoples hearts and have them go to eternity and we are not zealous, exciting, or spend time planning to get the free Gospel message out to people.

We do not fight against flesh and blood, we do not arm ourselves, we do not fight. We pray, we love, we share the Good News of the Gospel. We preach this glorious message. We share it through tracts and email and websites. Our message is the cure to such men as mentioned in the first post who are a harm to the world.

Eternity is soon, Christ is coming back. How much are we willing to take steps and time to share His Gospel and see people come to Jesus Christ to be saved for eternity?

I believe the brother is valid in his concerns over how we are lukewarm.

2013/9/23 0:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy