SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Has the temple been rebuilt?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

2 Thessalonians 2:4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

just brainstorming,
If men physicaly rebuild a literal temple even on the Temple Mount, would the Scripture refer to it as "the temple of God" ?

1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Now if believers are the "temple of God" could it be that the man of sin will be revealed, the son of perdition; from within those that have fallen away ? instead of a literal man and a literal temple ?

I really do not know, but am interested in everyone's opinions on this.

2013/9/22 16:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
Now if believers are the "temple of God" could it be that the man of sin will be revealed, the son of perdition; from within those that have fallen away ? instead of a literal man and a literal temple ? proudpapa

While I was with them, I kept them in thy name which thou hast given me: and I guarded them, and not one of them perished, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. John 17:12

Let no man beguile you in any wise: for it will not be, except the falling away come first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition, he that opposeth and exalteth himself against all that is called God or that is worshipped; so that he sitteth in the temple of God, setting himself forth as God. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

Jesus answered them, “Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?” Now He meant Judas the son of Simon Iscariot, for he, one of the twelve, was going to betray Him. John 6:70-71

Judas was a literal man and he alone in the whole of the scriptures is called the Son of Perdition.

“I do not speak of all of you. I know the ones I have chosen; but it is that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘HE WHO EATS MY BREAD HAS LIFTED UP HIS HEEL AGAINST ME.’ “From now on I am telling you before it comes to pass, so that when it does occur, you may believe that I am He. “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me." When Jesus had said this, He became troubled in spirit, and testified and said, “Truly, truly, I say to you, that one of you will betray Me.” The disciples began looking at one another, at a loss to know of which one He was speaking. There was reclining on Jesus’ bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved. So Simon Peter gestured to him, and said to him, “Tell us who it is of whom He is speaking.” He, leaning back thus on Jesus’ bosom, said to Him, “Lord, who is it?” Jesus then answered, “That is the one for whom I shall dip the morsel and give it to him.” So when He had dipped the morsel, He took and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. After the morsel, Satan then entered into him. Therefore Jesus said to him, “What you do, do quickly.” John 13:18–27

Peter expressly asks John“Tell us who it is of whom He is speaking.”

John , leaning back thus on Jesus’ bosom, said to Him, “Lord, who is it?”

I think that all of this would qualify for the saying "one who had fallen away". It seems to be unlikely that the man of sin will be less than one who possessed the truth but has fallen away. That cannot make him any less literal and individual it makes him rather more certain to be a man.

2013/9/22 17:15

Re: Proud Papa

Brother my understanding from the New Testament is the church is referred to as the temple of God. But how this interacts with the verses in 2 Thes I cannot explain.

Bearmaster.

2013/9/22 17:48
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: The Temple has been Rebuilt

The Tabernacle of David is not the same as Solomons Temple.

The Tabernacle of David was the tent prepared by David to house the Ark of God, and where David ordered that praise would ascend to the Lord day and night without ceasing.

God liked that one and said HE would rebuild it,,,, enter the church!! Ceasless praise is a primary call of the church.

Russell

2013/9/22 18:41Profile

Re: The Tabernacle of David

Quote:
God liked that one and said HE would rebuild it,,,, enter the church!! Ceasless praise is a primary call of the church. rufnrust

The First Council in Jerusalem

Peter had spoken. Paul had spoken. The prophets had spoken. Now James the Lord's brother the Bishop of Jerusalem speaks.

“Brethren, listen to me. “Simeon has related how God first concerned Himself about taking from among the Gentiles a people for His name. “With this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written, ‘AFTER THESE THINGS I will return, AND I WILL REBUILD THE TABERNACLE OF DAVID WHICH HAS FALLEN, AND I WILL REBUILD ITS RUINS, AND I WILL RESTORE IT, SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD, AND ALL THE GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,’ SAYS THE LORD, WHO MAKES THESE THINGS KNOWN FROM LONG AGO. Acts 15:13–18

James is speaking about Amos 9:11-12

Amos 9:11-12

“In that day I will raise up the fallen booth of David,
And wall up its breaches;
I will also raise up its ruins
And rebuild it as in the days of old;
That they may possess the remnant of Edom
And all the nations who are called by My name,”
Declares the LORD who does this.

2013/9/22 19:00
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Brother my understanding from the New Testament is the church is referred to as the temple of God. But how this interacts with the verses in 2 Thes I cannot explain.

I am sure we will find out soon what will happen as the day is drawing near...

2013/9/23 7:23Profile

Re:

Amen Colin. Indeed the day does draw near.

Bear.

2013/9/23 8:57

Re: Today's "church", "Dwelling Place of Demons?"

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=38948&forum=36&start=30&viewmode=flat&order=0

"Milton Green who ministered in hundreds of churches and ministered deliverance from the Pastor on down in many of the same churches, said that "The Church is the dwelling place of demons" and that "there is a war going on and the Church has not shown up for the battle". 

Unclean spirits certainly seem to be welcome in the Churches, today.

This is nothing new, the SYNAGOGUE was a good hiding place for unclean spirits, too. I wonder why it was a good hiding place? Do you think the powers of darkness had convinced the religious leaders that unclean spirits could not cohabitate with them? "

The Adversary in the Church - Milton Green
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=12482

2013/9/23 9:05
rjennings

USA

Re:

I suppose we also believe the church is the new Israel and there is no significance to its establishment either.

2013/9/23 11:31Profile

Re:

Did not Paul warn the elders of the church at Ephesus that after his departure savage wolves would cone in among them in sheep skins not sparing the flock? Did not Paul warn the same church that among their midst men would arise to distort the truth and draw disciples away from them? Did not Jesus warn that there would always be tares with the wheat?

I saw in the last Presidential election Christians were willing to vote for a man who cane out of a cultic system and make him their leader. I read about one respected well known evangelist who removed this man's cult off his web site. I read abiut one prominant Baptist leader in a Bible belt state who said Christians could vote for this man despite his being in a cultic system.

Given all the above. Yes. The man of lawlessness, the antichrist could very well take his seat in the temple of God proclaiming himself as god. And the scary thing is.......the church will buy it. If not Romney the Mormon. Then why not the antichrist himself.

My thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2013/9/23 12:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy