SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : SAFE IN EVERY SITUATION by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 SAFE IN EVERY SITUATION by David Wilkerson

The Bible says, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind" (2 Timothy 1:7).

Will the present recession turn into a deep, long depression? Is this the economic storm so many ministers and economists have been warning of? Or is this merely another short-lived adjustment of the economy?

Frankly, not one human on earth knows. Economists give terribly conflicting forecasts, and so-called "prophets" are sending out all kinds of confusing warnings.

Several years ago hundreds of worried Christians wrote to me about a prophecy that said most of Florida would be inundated by a tidal wave. Many Christians slipped out of Florida on the predicted date for a so-called "vacation"—just in case the prophecy was right. Florida is still with us!

No one knows when, how, or where God will send judgment. The times and seasons are all in His hands. God has dealt with me personally about using dates, names, or places and when I disobey God on this matter, I end up speculating rather than truly prophesying. All true prophecy must offer hope and comfort to God's people who live by faith.

Where do you live? In an earthquake zone, maybe near a fault line? Do you live in a sprawling suburb that seems less secure as the days go by? No food stored up? No gold bars or coins to hedge against inflation? Nothing to fall back on if the economy collapses? Nothing to live on if you lose your job? Do you feel left out when others around you boast about their plans for the future?

Do not panic! You have all you need if you will believe in our Lord's promise of protection. Every child of God has an ironclad contract of survival. The more I read the words of Jesus, the more I believe He is asking for our childlike trust in Him to keep us safe in every situation.

My advice is to stay put and quit listening to voices that speak warnings contrary to Scripture. "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace" (1 Corinthians 14:33).

"Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken” (Proverbs 3:25-26).

2013/9/20 10:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy