SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why Do We Seem to Treat Holy Spirit with Less Reverence than the Father and the Son? ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Compton
I was talking about work in terms of the spiritual work. While we may do all these things at church etc if we are not at work in the spirit, we are doing nothing. I'm saying we are lazy concerning the spirit and the work in the spirit.

2005/3/26 22:07Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I'm saying we are lazy concerning the spirit and the work in the spirit.

Can you explain what you mean by that?

2005/3/28 4:17Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
Can you explain what you mean by that?

I mean how often to we pause and let the Holy spirit pray for us or do whatever He needs to do in us and through us? When we pray all to often it's something that comes into our heads and when we do thing "for God" too often it's because we think this is what God wants when it may not be. It seems we'd much rather stay close to shore, you know being open only to things that are comfortable, or make sense rather than going out into the deep with God. We like to hear stories of God moving and providing things in the flesh, which is all good really but that's milk and at some point we need to be eating meat. We need to be more interested (now more than ever coz of what is about to happen) in the spiritual workings of God. That's what we need to start chasing after more and more,and/or more actively than we do now.does that help Ron?

2005/3/30 21:31Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

God wants us to worship Him in spirit and in truth, should we not therefore seek the spiritual things of God that much more fervently? Are we afraid of what we may not be able to explain to people (who then think we are psycho or heretics) or don't we want to worship God in spirit and truth?

2005/3/30 21:39Profile
dohzman

Re: ????

I hear many christians bat around things like worship , serve the lord , get involved ect...but most don't have any idea what is being said. Rom 12 : 1 Gives us an idea what true worship is. In the church I don't believe people are basically lazy , I believe they are too busy in thier lives. To the churches you're only a true christian if you are "johnny on the spot" to do for the church---i.e.>the organized church in a bldg. Thats not at all what Jesus meant when he talked to the smaratian woman in Jn 4. All our deeds of righteousness should come out of a heart of love and worship and therefore thoughs very deeds are an act of worship.Life and this world system and sin and satan all work to kill our love which is the key ingredent to activating our faith which we need inorder to do deeds of righteousness, the inward knowledge that we'er pleasing to God, we love God because he first loved us? is usually enough motivatition to keep us moving forward toward the heavenly city, and without faith it is impossible to please God. Most of my ministry is spent getting professing christians free from the snares and devices of satan, the flesh, the worldly lusts. It's a tough road to walk.

2005/3/30 22:26Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
All our deeds of righteousness should come out of a heart of love and worship and therefore thoughs very deeds are an act of worship.Life and this world system and sin and satan all work to kill our love which is the key ingredent to activating our faith which we need inorder to do deeds of righteousness, the inward knowledge that we'er pleasing to God, we love God because he first loved us? is usually enough motivatition to keep us moving forward toward the heavenly city, and without faith it is impossible to please God. Most of my ministry is spent getting professing christians free from the snares and devices of satan, the flesh, the worldly lusts. It's a tough road to walk.

Our hearts are corruptible and they can be very deceptive.

14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. 16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. 17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. 19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. 20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. 21 I find then the rinciple that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. 22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, 23 but I see a R327 different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

So our hearts shoud not be the source of our good works. The works that come purely from there are for self-glorification because they are not born of the spirit of God. No good thing resides in us, the only goodness we can know is that which we put on in Christ which comes by the spirit of God.

9 For this reason also, since R21 the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might. for F16 the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; F17 joyously R29

The only way to walk in a manner worthy of God is by His own grace coz we can't do it. By the Holy Spirit we may know His will for us and fulfilling that in all things is what is pleasing to God.

I think people are lazy as far as seeking the spirit of God, not lazy altogether. Being busy shows that we are capable of work, we just need to redirect our efforts in the direction God would have us go.

2005/3/30 23:59Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
So our hearts shoud not be the source of our good works. The works that come purely from there are for self-glorification because they are not born of the spirit of God. No good thing resides in us, the only goodness we can know is that which we put on in Christ which comes by the spirit of God.

Is this the old heart or the new one?

2005/3/31 2:34Profile
dohzman

Re: after being born or the spirit

Once we are born of God's Spirit He puts desires into our hearts. In this western culture we christians are so afraid of our emotions that we shut down everything and move legalistically in the arm of flesh. Jesus was moved with compassion, or had compassion. Our "feelings" can trick us sometimes but that 's where the word of God comes in and the renewing of our minds. Next time you get a chance try standing in front of a congregation of believers and tell them they are lazy christians. I dare say there will be some little old ladies in the congregation who have had and still do have a much closer walk with Jesus than most of us can even imagine or even attain to. And in your quote you need to rember that Roms Chapter 8 follows Roms Chapter 7---- we aren't left hanging in ch 7! We are a NEW CREATION IN CHRIST JESUS the old has passed away all things are become new. The word of God declares that even as Christ was we are.

2005/3/31 3:34Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
Is this the old heart or the new one?

we receive a new heart in Christ and it must be kept in constant communion with Him lest the enemy leads us back into our old ways. We can't just say we have a new heart and leave it at that, we have to learn to desire Christ and the things of Christ because all we have desired before that point are things of the enemy. We have to let Him teach us to desire Him coz we don't know how.

2005/3/31 15:40Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
we receive a new heart in Christ and it must be kept in constant communion with Him lest the enemy leads us back into our old ways.

So are you saying the new heart can become an old heart again? and then a new heart again? and then an old.... Doesn't sound much like uttermost salvation does it? :-?

2005/3/31 16:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy