SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where have all the good churches gone?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Where have all the good churches gone?

It seems that there are fewer and fewer local churches that adhere to sound doctrine anymore, atleast in my area. Could this be the fulfillment from 2 Timothy 2:3 and 1 Timothy 4:1? Visiting local churches has been tedious and stressful. When you visit one you can all most bet you visited all.

http://www.newswithviews.com/religion/religion26.htm

2013/9/15 10:14
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Where have all the good churches gone?

Paul thought highly of the church in Corinth, yet they were full of the worst type of problems. It still didn't keep him from calling them saints. Perhaps you need to do the same, and start looking at your local churches with the eyes of faith instead of how things "seem."

2013/9/15 10:23Profile

Re:

Agree...but doesn't change the fact that God told them to separate themselves. So it sounds like your are saying, look the other way as long as you look through eyes of faith? Okay so forget what Timothy said...

2013/9/15 11:18

Re:

Jesus gives a good overview of the churches in Revelation. Luther was none to enamored of the Catholic church. The ana-baptists could not in good concience stay within a denomination that practised infant baptism. The confessing church of Germany could not remain part of the state church. My cousin's presbetarian church in ohio could not stay within a system that would ordain homosexual ministers.

Times and ages are fluid. Each time, each state is different and one must be moved and led by the Holy Spirit. The times and the seasons change, often the wineskin is changed to receive new wine. As always, the best advice is to be found from the Lord, stay close and hear what the Spirit says to the churches and then act..........bro Frank

2013/9/15 11:19
narrowpath

Germany NRW

This is what many here have at SI have experienced. I have been to may churches in my area. Now we found one 30 miles away. There is definitely a dirth of the word of God in America, Europe, and many other places.

Paul cared after the Corinthians as an apostle, that is a different story.

Why should someone join a church that teaches false doctrine and engages in unbiblical practises?

You can be lead astray and shipwreck in your faith. You can become a partaker of other peoples sins. I know good Christian friends who I tried to make aware of the errors around them and they cannot hear me any more but think I am strange. This is painful.

2013/9/15 16:56Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Good Churches? the people are the Church, so it's the peoples fault if the good Churches are gone.

2013/9/15 17:32Profile

Re:

MrBillPro....good point. I think I will use that as a quote! :)

2013/9/15 18:06

Re:

Narrowpath...others think I am strange too! I am confident we will find one soon. I may not be in a local church, but thankful that we are able to gather with other believers a few times a month in fellowship.

2013/9/15 18:12

Re:

Appolus..always enjoy your input its always seasoned with wisdom and salt!

2013/9/15 18:13
turn

USA

Worship music abounds. False assurances of salvation abound. Calls to repentance, faith, love, good works and obedience to God do not abound and are often deliberately suppressed.

2013/9/15 18:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy