SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : T. Austin Sparks Refused to be Content With Compromised Religion

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

T. Austin Sparks Refused to be Content With Compromised Religion

“We look out on the world today, on what we call the Christian world, and we see its state, which is indeed very like that in the days of the Judges. We see divisions and failures in what is called ‘the Church,’ and the question arises: Is it possible to have a whole testimony, a full testimony? Is it possible to have a complete expression of the Lord’s mind? The answer that is so often returned may be stated thus: ‘Well, that is the ideal, but you are setting yourself an impossible task if you attempt it. You had better accept the situation, regard it as all in ruins, and make the best of it!’”

“Are you content with that? I am not, and I have decided that even if I die in the attempt, I will give myself to the obtaining of a fuller expression of the Lord’s mind. In so far as my own life is concerned, it is going to be poured out to the last to get His people to the fullness of His will, and I am not going to accept this situation which is so far short of it. It is an unholy thing to enter into contentment of that kind. It is that failure to go on, in spite of the seemingly impossible, which has produced the terrible paralysis and spiritual ineffectiveness of the Lord’s people that is almost worldwide today.”

-T. Austin Sparks

2013/9/14 18:37Profile
Abide

Re: T. Austin Sparks Refused to be Content With Compromised Religion

Well, we don't live in peace and the situation that we deal with in life can come with consequences and for example, let's talk about what is going on in Syria. Every night and day there are people loosing there lives to the violence of these riots. The world is not equal, it's not peaceful like a scale that is not equally balance, left to right, right to left. I think the best thing for us Christians, is to come together and pray for the people that have lost there lives and the people that are suffering out there. And if by accident Syria strikes the United States then we are all at war. The Russian President came to the United States to speak about peace and truce in working together to stop Syria. The world is not perfect until there is peace. The military in Syria is upset with the chief in command which is there President, for stepping down from his office for lack of world peace. The military is going to choose either two options, either we wait for the president to give an explanation or we go to war and wait for the president to answer.

my thoughts...

- Abide

2013/9/14 20:53Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: T. Austin Sparks Refused to be Content With Compromised Religion

Amen, we groan over the condition of the Church but we must not despair nor accept the status quo. We march on. "Is there any thing too hard for Me?" says the Lord.

Quote:
In so far as my own life is concerned, it is going to be poured out to the last to get His people to the fullness of His will, and I am not going to accept this situation which is so far short of it. It is an unholy thing to enter into contentment of that kind. It is that failure to go on, in spite of the seemingly impossible, which has produced the terrible paralysis and spiritual ineffectiveness of the Lord’s people that is almost worldwide today.”

He lived up to this quote, he preached and wrote some very valuable words for the Body of Christ. This man had some wonderful insight into the Scriptures concerning the Church and the fullness of Christ. He's long since gone home to be with the Lord but his teaching material still blesses many including myself.

For those who have not heard his sermons, there are many right here on this web site. There is also a wonderful archive of his books and articles on the web, just look for austin-sparks.net.

In Christ,

Ron

2013/9/14 22:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy