SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Entering His Rest by Andrew Murray

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TrueWitness

Entering His Rest by Andrew Murray

There are two stages in the Christian life. The one in which, after conversion, a believer seeks to work what God would have him do. The second, in which, after many a painful failure, he ceases from his works, and enters the rest of God, there to find the power for work in allowing the Father to work in him.

It is this rest from their own work which many Christians cannot understand. They think of it as a state of passive and selfish enjoyment, of still contemplation which leads to the neglect of the duties of life, and unfits for that watchfulness and warfare to which Scripture calls. What an entire misunderstanding of God’s call to rest!

Truly to rest in God is to yield oneself up to the highest activity. We work, because He worketh in us both to will and to do (Phil. 2:13). Entering into the rest of God is the ceasing from self-effort, and the yielding of oneself in the full surrender of faith in God’s working.

ANDREW MURRAY

2013/9/1 16:56Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: Entering His Rest by Andrew Murray

It's been a long time, looking back I didn't understand it all when I left the church, I didn't understand that key to fulfilling my call when he said "you'll be like job"

When I broke out in blisters a few years later and I sought him he brought me to the first time through the testimony of Duncan Campbell and of another believer the teaching of a deeper work in the Christian life.

Since then I have sought it in scripture and at first I couldn't see it, but now I see it. It is none thing more but surrender of yourself to God's and his will. It as Jesus said "The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise"

To be a Son to be "led by the Spirit" is not to do your own will but rather it's to do the will of the Father, this is what God requires, this is the rest he has for us.

Keep on going TrueWitness

2013/9/1 17:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy