SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is Duck Dynasty a Good Example of Christianity?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Elibeth

Re:

Dear one's,
I realize that there are many,many that love watching these comedy shows.
Do you think that I want to offend you,..and stand the chance to be blasted? Oh NO !

Could these type of things be a means to 'ROCK US TO SLEEP ' ?
The Lord wants us to ' TO AWAKEN OUT OF OUR SLEEP ' !
Is it not for our own good that He says this ?
Why does He want us to be AWAKE ?...WHY ?

We must guard /watch this house,( that houses the Holy Spirit) else the thief,shall come and steal things that The Lord has worked / taught about His Way in our lives.

As we walk now into The stores,..seeing their pictures on many things,..Are these people being GLORIFIDED ?.....who ALONE is to be glorified ?

We all have to be on guard,..always ,...follows of God as dear children.

Out of much love and care I write these things,
Elizabeth

2013/9/2 20:16Profile

Re:

As I posted previously, better to kook to the sants if N. Korea to be witnesses of true Cbrisimtianity.

Bearmaster.

2013/9/2 20:36
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

My Brother wrote:

"The plain truth is we would rather sadly in North America esteem and enjoy Duck Dynasty as a model of a fruitful Christen than godly missionaries from the past. Christians want to be entertained to death. "

You started this thread to get around to making the above point. God is not limited by our imaginations of what is needed in this generation. The past works of men have little "influence" on this generation. The salt of dead saints does not compare to the salt of live saints. God uses gang bangers, drug addicts, hipsters, and hicks to bring the good news to a lost world. Those who have been forgiven much often are those who are most merciful. And these the Lord will use to spread salt where there is none.

The more one's life is spent living under the Law of Moses the more one's life will reflect the fruit of scorn and condemnation. And we know from Scripture...

Psa 1:1
Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;

A man who live by the law is cursed by the law.

2013/9/2 20:39Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

I was inclined not to reply, since I have spoken, but just for the sake of conversation . . .

My reply, and others like it, have been called scorn, condemnation, and legalistic judgment. But is it so?

Are we not aware that the enemy has tools? Or even that there is an enemy of our souls?

If so, what does he look like? How does he come? Does he ever look like something good (even an angel of light)?

Jesus said to "judge with right judgment". There has been no scorn or condemnation so far in this thread that I have picked up on. But discussing and discerning and even warning about things that are affecting people's lives is entirely Christian.

2013/9/2 20:56Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

Quote:
The past works of men have little "influence" on this generation.

You are right. Jesus Christ, Peter, and Paul have very little influence on this generation. But that is not a good thing.

Quote:
God uses gang bangers, drug addicts, hipsters, and hicks to bring the good news to a lost world.

Never. God only uses saints. God uses people who used to be sinners, but they are now transformed. In our assessment of things, it is important to be balanced. While God uses former drug addicts, he also uses those raised in Christian homes who have never used drugs. While he uses hicks, he also uses the educated. God uses anyone who will come to him on his terms, and he resists all others.

2013/9/2 21:25Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
You started this thread to get around to making the above point. God is not limited by our imaginations of what is needed in this generation. The past works of men have little "influence" on this generation. The salt of dead saints does not compare to the salt of live saints. God uses gang bangers, drug addicts, hipsters, and hicks to bring the good news to a lost world. Those who have been forgiven much often are those who are most merciful. And these the Lord will use to spread salt where there is none.

Very well put Jeff, thank you for posting this.

In Christ,

Ron

2013/9/2 21:34Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Really? I mean...really?

I am amazed at the self righteous stance so many take toward anyone or anything that they are not in charge of.

Here is just an example of what so many here quickly oppose-

Quote:
"I think the problems in our country are spiritual ones. Where there is no Jesus evil always reigns." - Phil Robertson, Duck Commander.

Why don't you critics go actually win some lost folks to Christ instead of criticizing others that are clearly sharing Christ is their Savior.

In their, " silly little show" they have more people actually considering how families and communities should care for each other through their differences and more importantly considering the claims of Christ and His Kingdom.

As you criticize them the question then becomes... exactly what have you done in comparison?

Well? In comparison exactly what have you done?

Experience and scripture teach me that the critics have done virtually nothing... but criticize.

As it has been said.....
Quote:
Those who can, do. Those who can't criticize those who do.

Seems clear that a lot of people can't, or won't, do much for the kingdom.

They are to busy self righteously criticizing those who are doing something. A lot of them also seem compelled to criticize them on this thread.

Nothing new under the sun.

2013/9/2 21:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
You are right. Jesus Christ, Peter, and Paul have very little influence on this generation. But that is not a good thing.

This is the great thought here, do we have a NEW type of Christianity? Yes mercy, love, grace and humility need to abound in us and the testimony of Christ. But my grief in writing has been "how low can we set the standard and bar?" I personally have much grace for all the men in Duck Dynasty, the Lord knows those who are His.

But are they really examples for the Church to speak about, to emulate? Most saints are scared to speak of anything that is culturally accepted. The old revivalists would speak directly to the idols of the day that people adored enjoyed and spent time with more than the Lord.

I know God does not judge by the appearance and God raises up and uses any whose heart has changed and Christ dwells in them. But again to watch this show and think we can be like them is wrong and setting the bar of the example of Jesus Christ low. Even the emphasis on family is good but is family put before God? What verses have you heard shared on this TV program except John 3:16? The Word of God brings division. The true Gospel is not accepted by all. Especially by all Americans.

I am sorry if it comes across critical brothers and sisters. I accept all the brethren who have posted in this thread with love.

2013/9/2 21:57Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
You started this thread to get around to making the above point.

To be honest dear brother I did not. I simply thought that most saints on this website would not be excited about the confession of Christ by these men as an example to America but little or no Gospel being preached. I see it as added to the American gospel deception where people can confess Christ but never change their way of life.

2013/9/2 22:00Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

How about both sides of this issue stepping back and taking another look at it?

Take it from someone who grew up in West Monroe LA … the home of Duck Dynasty. At the age of 11 (now 48) I was convicted of watching TV, and though everyone in my house and in our church watched it, I quit watching TV at that age because of the content (of 98% of most TV) and the time waste factor, yet I was shocked when I found out that a TV series produced in my home town got more viewers than any in the history of TV.

Think about the issues here, saints. Our hunger and thirst has been for men to turn to Christ who transforms lives into Christ-likeness and we are grieved at the destruction that we see all around us because of people going the other direction – away from Christ. For many years the only thing that has gotten any high amount of viewers is TV that points people AWAY from Christ and toward every imaginable perversion. Then, in this moral disarray, a “reality show” is aired which exalts Christ-likeness as the preferred way of life, and more people watch it than any other show in the history of TV.

Can we not see this as a great indicator of a hunger in the hearts of most Americans for the very things that have been rejected for decades now? I have never watched the show on TV, but I viewed one over the internet. It was the 49th wedding anniversary. Forty-nine years of marriage is SUCH a rarity in the USA! Families that uphold Christian principles of “til death do us part”, and love and unity amongst siblings are almost unheard of in this morally wrecked country!

Personally, I can’t promote watching ANYthing on TV, and what I saw of DD, I did not consider to be the best training in Christian living available, but the whole crave for the show has shown me one thing: there is a hunger in the hearts of Americans for that which can only be found in Jesus Christ. The popularity of the show is an indicator. The SAD reality is that most Americans prefer to watch a show with Bible based morals because most American homes are so morally wrecked that a home and “happy, happy, happy” family like the Robertsons’ is only a dream for them.

Whether or not they are the best examples of Christianity should not be our focus. The wide-spread craving for a home environment that is openly attributed to Christian principles should show us that there is a hunger in many hearts for Bible based living. We may be closer to the possibility of genuine revival than we realize.

2013/9/3 1:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy