SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Hakka Prayer Net in May

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HakkaMin

Taiwan

Hakka Prayer Net in May

This coming May, our missionary team is organizing a special prayer effort on behalf of the Hakka Chinese of Taiwan. We are looking to cover every minute of every hour of every day during the entire month in intercession for this unreached people group. I was wondering if any of you could suggest any prayer ministries, home groups, Bible Studies, etc. that might be interested in joining with us in this endeavor.

And, of course, we’d more than welcome any of you to sign up as well if you’re interested. Just send me your mailing address, let me know how many of you would like to join, and I’ll make sure you get plenty of Prayer Guides.

Thanks for your help in this!

2005/3/23 6:19Profile
HakkaMin

Taiwan

Re: Hakka Prayer Net in May

Thought it might be a good idea to let you know a bit about who the Hakkas are and what God has called us to do over here.

Of the more than three million Hakka Chinese who live on the island nation of Taiwan, only .2% would consider themselves to be Christians. That’s 99.8% (998 of every 1000) who are presently bound for a Christless eternity. Though Han Chinese by race, the Hakkas are a separate and distinct people group who are bound together by their common language, heritage, culture, and values.

In fact, these very things that bind the Hakka people together also serve to keep them captive in the kingdom of darkness. They are fiercely proud and protective of their Hakka identity, and this creates very real barriers to anything – including the gospel – that they feel might infringe upon who they are as a people.

Our desire is to reach this hard-to-reach people by planting a cell church movement in their midst.

2005/3/23 7:48Profile
HakkaMin

Taiwan

Sorry to bring this thread back up to the top, but we're pretty desparate over here to reach the Hakkas for Jesus. Any help you can give - or suggestions on who might be able to join with us in this prayer effort - would be greatly appreciated!

By the way ... if you would like the Prayer Net Invitation (and Sign-Up Sheet) sent to you as a Word document, please let me know via e-mail.

Thanks!

2005/3/23 17:46Profile
dohzman

I will make it a point of my personal prayers in May and have marked it down for special devotion in my may calendar.I'll also pass the prayer request on to the churches I speak at and the need for prayer. You might want to message Greg or one of the moderators and Bro. Lairs e-mail address, he's from Sweden and is a prayer moblizer who used to be one of the moderators here but hasn't been on in awhile. They should be able to get you in contact with him and he has an entire world wide network of intercessors---God Bless Bro. Daryl

2005/3/23 22:25Profile
HakkaMin

Taiwan

Re: Thanks!

Thanks so much, Bro. Daryl, for your response! I especially appreciate your commitment to standing with us on behalf of the Hakka Chinese during May. What a blessing!

2005/3/24 1:24Profile
HakkaMin

Taiwan

Re:

"All fruitfulness in service is the outcome of prayer – of the worker’s prayers, or of those who are holding up holy hands on his behalf."

- Unknown

2005/3/24 18:35Profile
HakkaMin

Taiwan

Re:

Did I mention that if you sign up, we'll send you our "Prayer Portraits" guide ... a day-by-day manual of specific people and circumstances that stand in need of prayer? (Full of photos.) Just thought I'd bring it up. :-)

2005/3/24 22:27Profile
HakkaMin

Taiwan

Re:

Not to worry ... this is my last bring-it-to-the-top posting. Just wanted to give everyone an opportunity to see the thread and join with us in this special prayer effort for the Hakka Chinese. Thank you for putting up with me in this!

"We have all eternity to celebrate the victories, but only one short hour to save the world."

- William Carey

2005/3/25 8:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy