SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : There are only a few

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

There are only a few

Mathew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate, for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction and there are "many" who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life and there are "few" who find it.

Mathew 22:14
For "many" are called but "few" are chosen.

Mathew 24:10
At that time "many" will fall away,

Quotes are emphasis.

The above verses depict a remnant who will enter through the narrow gate of Jesus and seek Him for eternal life. Note the many in Mat. 7 will be on the broad road to eternal destruction. Indeed the gospel does go out to many in Mat. 22. But only a few will respond to the gospel call. Even those who nay respond and believe in Jesus will fall away according to Mat. 24. I think it will be those Christians in the west who will deny Christ in the end times.

So will revival be this triumph move of God that will take millions and billions to Christ. It will only be a few. It will only be a small remnant. Mighty in power. Committed to Jesus. But it will only be a few.

The question. Are we the few?

Bearmaster.

2013/8/24 20:57
MaryJane

Re: There are onky a few

The question. Are we the few?

Bearmaster.

Great question to consider before GOD. Of course no one knows another persons heart but it is a good question for each of us to seek HIM on.

What is your experience with the question you pose Bear? Is this something you seek GOD on in your own walk? I do at times. I often think about how deceiving our own hearts can be. I do believe this is why GOD wants so much for us to be knit together with others believers so that areas of sin in our lives that we may not be seeing another brother/sister could come up along side us and share with us that our eyes might be opened and we would see. Of course in order for that kind of love to function in the body each one of us must be able to in HIM receive correction and have a heart willing to repent and die to self.

Thanks for sharing. Good seeds to consider and to seek HIM on.

God bless
mj

2013/8/24 21:55Profile

Re:

The answer to that question, MaryJane is only known by two persons.

YOU

2Co_13:5 EXAMINE YOURSELVES, WHETHER YE BE IN THE FAITH; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

and THE LORD

2Ti_2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, THE LORD KNOWETH THEM THAT ARE HIS. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

A.W. Tozer once wrote a good piece called "The Saint Must Walk Alone".

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=45771&forum=34&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=1

2013/8/24 23:34
MaryJane

Re:

Re:
by just-in on 2013/8/24 17:34:21

The answer to that question, MaryJane is only known by two persons

---------
Yes that is why I said it was a good question to seek HIM on :)

God bless
Mj

2013/8/24 23:42Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: How can you know?

"Do you accept Christ as your savior?"

"Uh huh."

"Great. Now you are a Christian..."

Sound familiar? Way too many people have been told they are something that really they are not. I have my own ugly story with one of these, I regret giving an assurance that was so wrong, leaving this person so lost with a delusion that he was a believer. He is not. I will never do this again.

God does not lie to his people. He does not want us to believe nonsense. He does not want us to live in fear, and He doesn't want us to live outside of a genuine relationship. He has given the Holy Spirit which is Himself, to live inside of us. We can know, because He speaks to us all the assurance we need.

But here's the rub. Unrepentant people, no matter their frantic prayers, can't hear assurance from God. They cannot know what they really need to know.

"God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

2013/8/25 0:01Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: So will revival be this triumph move of God that will take millions and billions to Christ. It will only be a few. It will only be a small remnant. Mighty in power. Committed to Jesus. But it will only be a few.

It's amazing the lies that we believe and promote as Gospel truth.

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands Revelation 7:9

Where does great number come from is it from the time of Adam?

No

And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Revelation 7:14

They come from a time yet to come called the great tribulation, there numbers are so vast that they cannot be counted.

2013/9/3 20:28Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Is this enough for eternal life?

John 3:14-18 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If this is not enough, what is enough?

1 John 5:1-12 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Why did God write this if it is not enough?

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

I believe on the Name of Jesus Christ, that He is the Son of God and He gave His life me.

If this is not enough, why do I believe?

Am I saved or not? Are you my witness who judges me. Who is the witness that comes from inside me? Is He lying to me?

In Christ: Phillip

2013/9/3 23:53Profile
ArtB

New York

Re: There are only a few

Bearmaster, you quoted these verses:

{Mathew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate, for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction and there are "many" who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life and there are "few" who find it.

Mathew 22:14
For "many" are called but "few" are chosen.

Mathew 24:10
At that time "many" will fall away,]

Whom is Jesus preaching to, in these Bible verses?

Are they Christians? Gentiles? or Jews? Or some other Humans?

2013/9/5 17:32Profile

Re: Art

I believe the Bible is written to believers in Jexus Christ. Thus the verses I posted have reference to believers in Christ.

Bearmaster.

2013/9/5 18:09
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: There are only a few

Quote:
But it will only be a few.

Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD. Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes; For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
(Isaiah 54:1-3)

For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.
(Malachi 1:11)

Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
(Acts 28:28)

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
(Revelation 7:9-10)

In Christ,

Ron

2013/9/5 20:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy