SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Simplest Commands of our Lord Are Important Such As Baptism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The Simplest Commands of our Lord Are Important Such As Baptism

The Lord Jesus Christ Himself exemplified water Baptism—as an adult—being baptized by John the Baptist in the River Jordan. God the Father was pleased and opened up heaven and spoke by way of a voice: “You are My Son, whom I love; with You I am well pleased.”

We are commanded to baptize in the Gospel of Matthew: “Baptizing them in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”

Also in the Gospel of Mark: “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.”

Throughout the Book of Acts believers followed Christ in Baptism, including the 3000 saved at Pentecost.

When we are baptized we declare to the world our faith in Jesus Christ, that we are baptized with Him into His death—that sin has died with us—and that we rise into Jesus’ resurrection, having put on Christ. We are baptized into one body, and by one Spirit, the Spirit of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

After accepting Christ no Baptism classes are necessary. “As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, ‘Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?’ Philip said, ‘If you believe with all your heart, you may.’ The eunuch answered, ‘I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.’ And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.”

May we take heed to these things and treat every command of Scripture as important, more-important than anything else in this earth-life.

2013/8/22 13:41Profile
jochbaptist

Re: The Simplest Commands of our Lord Are Important Such As Baptism

I agree Brother,

This verse came to mind -

But the Pharisees and the lawyers rejected God's purpose for themselves, not having been baptized by John.
- New American Standard Version (1995)

Blessings

2013/8/23 2:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy