SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : I do not believe we will see revival

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: Reply to the Original Post

Quote: There is a revival going on in America right now. It is very wide spread, thousands of lives are being changed, and every day new ministries supporting it in full force are sprouting up like like Bull Nettle. It is a revival of Gnosticism, of mysticism, of Dominion theology, and other doctrines of demons that exalt man over God.

Yes good point and then there is a the Revival of works-salvation as well.

Quote: We need a reformation of our hearts and a reformation of our minds. Not a new 95 Theses nailed on some church door, but the reality of the Gospel of Jesus Christ nailed to our hearts and branded on our minds.

Now thats what I would call Holiness

2013/8/23 16:40Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: This multitude is the "few" that followed the "narrow way".

Now thats a new meaning for a few for me.

A Few meaning a great multitude, which no man could number.

Quote:You must consider the whole counsel of God, not just isolated verses

In Genesis 13: 16 God tells Abraham that his seed would become so profuse, that “if anyone could count the grains of sand on the earth, then shall your seed also be counted”. So, in the way that nobody could count the grains of sand on earth and the seed of Abraham, in the same way nobody could count the number of the Great Multitude.

2013/8/23 16:54Profile
endlessjoe

University of Calabar Nigeria

I BELIEVE WE WILL SEE A REVIVAL AS NEVER SEEN BEFORE!

I've been away from d forums for weeks. Came around moments ago to see d goings and got hooked by this thread. Have painstakingly read through most of d comments and would gladly make a few comments chiefly for d Simple reason of speaking for d constituencies I duly represent. I identify with these constituencies by age and location.

How sad it'd be to watch this thread heat, boil and cool off in d archives without any comments from d heart of Tropical Africa. As if d Sub saharan Africa does not have any stake in this expected move of God. How sad it'd still be for this thread if in d end, nobody within d neighbourhood of 30 speaks out (atleast in that capacity). They being d generation that must carry "this new wine" if it must be in d end.

Since this thread is just a trade of opinions and beliefs, I won't be ashamed to air my views since I've got one. I'm afraid I'd sound pretty ridiculous since d general climate of d Thread seem tilted against my views. Mine will sound like a "grandiose delusion" but grandiose anyhow.

First I must say I expect d darkness that is currently settling on d World to increase. I expect that in d years ahead, Western Parliaments will pass bills permitting gay people to perform extreme lewd acts in public "provided it'd make them feel better." I do not put any stop to my imagination of d extreme lewdness we must expect as we progress, even from gay preachers. The Antichrist is called d man of lawlessness and that paints d picture of d society he must and is about to create.

I do not see this Revival as having its flashpoint in any of d Western world. I see it as beginning on d African soil or from Asia. It'd be an opportunity for d third world to rise and lend Europe and America a helping-hand. It'd be a pay-back time since the West has done so much for us.

Next I do not believe that D LORD will come in a sneaky underhand way to rapture d Church (however we interpret the word Rapture). I do n't believe He'd come quickly in an S.O.S fashion to rescue a group of "miserable remnants" trapped in a cave in a far flung backside of a desert just in time before d gates of hell prevails against them. If it is true that the LORD is coming for a Bride which the Church is to become, then She must receive her Groom and leave with Him through the front door rather than be smuggled through d back door like a common housemaid.

Our LORD said He will come as a thief in d night and in that I see d whole picture of what lies ahead.D First lesson we must take seriously is dat, it'd be in d night. It'd become so dark dat even the wise virgins as well as d foolish will all fall asleep in exhaustion as if He'd no longer come. I also feel dat it'd get so dark dat d lamps of expectation for a widespread Revival will start burnin out as we see in dis current thread.

Then in d middle of this darknight, there was a "CRY". And in that, I find a parallel for this Revival we've been describing. Our LORD who understands our frame and is touched by the feeling of our infirmities knows that 2000 years is long enough to provoke a deep slumber on d part of His bride so He wouldn't risk catching her unprepared. So in His mercy, He sends them a CRY. Among other things, to my mind, this Revival is going to be a midnight Cry.

Its also very remarkable that this Cry brought about a "separation" between d Wise and d foolish virgins. Separation being an element for which Revivals have enjoyed continual reputation. There are many "foolish virgins" who find it easy to parade themselves as gay pastors, prosperity preachers and "oil-less" motivational speakers because of this current darkness upon d Church. The Cry will separate between us and them.

This midnight cry will also awaken d Church to her oil which she once thought she had lost. On this, I see also a revival of certain potentials of d Church which she thinks is no longer possible. For instance, the incident of Acts 8:39 may be revived as a way to reach some lost tribes in d heart of d Amazon rain forest and other secluded tribes and Islamic nations that may never grant access to Christians. Some persons may be cut off in d Spirit and placed within such tribes and people. Equipped with d special abilities to communicate in their native languages, these individuals would preach to them and leave also by d same mechanism of spiritual transport.

So in d end, I see d most dangerous Revival outbreaks in Church history. A revival that'd set d stage for d last Awakenning. A revival that'd continue till the end of Time.
This Revival as I see it will baffle historians.it'd dominate International media and hold nations at ransome for weeks.

It'd deal a deadly blow on d entertainment industry d world over. Many football clubs in Europe and America will disband as superstar players and coaches quit entertainment for an opportunity to preach d gospel in distant lands. It'd almost make Hollywood history with a string of high profiled conversions happening in quick successions.

The cry of Acs17:6 will once again be heard in which Christians are referred to as the people who turned the World upside down. This Revival will almost bring civilization to its knees so much that politicians will take practical steps to persecute d Church in a last desperate measure to rescue civilization as they know it. And they'd seem right in doing so in d eyes of d public. (This to my mind is d only justification for a full scale persecution of any sect or religion in the 21st Century. I stand to be corrected).

I hear something about Quantitative and Qualitative forecasting of these future events. Whereas I do not expect us to beat our forebears in d Qualitative work of Grace (since its still from d same Spirit), I sincerely believe that when we get to Heaven, it'd be a marvel to our Fathers of Faith how we were able to achieve such a Qualitative work of Grace in so great number of lives in so short a period of time.

The glory of d latter house shall indeed far outweigh d former in quantity if not also in quality. It shall then trully be said that the LORD has reserved d very best wine for d very last.

This present Church age though as feeble as she is, with very few giants of thought as other generations gone by, may receive more portions of d workings of grace just like Benjamin received from Joseph (a type of Jesus Christ).

In all these, its clear that I speak with d simplicity of a child. But who would despise d days of small things?

I speak as one who does not know by experience what it means to have prayed for revival for decades and not seen one.

I speak as one who would not be deterred by d apparent unsuccessful attempts of d Elders who had gone before.

Though others may have been to d mountain top, seen d promised land and were assured they'd never enter in, I speak as a member of that feeble generation chosen By Mercy to enter and taste d fruits of that land flowing with milk and honey.

I speak as a youth who had sat down and counted d cost of seeing a Revival and had decided (God willing), as much as it lieth within me, to come to d "help of D LORD" in this matter.

D big question now is: How shall these things be, Brother Emeka? Flesh and blood can never pull such s stunt. D only possibility I see is as recorded in Luk 1:35 ".. The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee..." When this happens to d Church on a general scale, we'd call it a Revival.

Its midnight already for d Church; yes! But it won't end without a Cry.

Brother Emeka writes from d heart of tropical Africa.
[email protected]
www.facebook.com/uzosikejoe

2013/8/24 8:13Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: I do not believe we will see revival

"Do we need revival? No denying we do. But the church in America is too far gone in its sin to see an awakening from God. Not to mention the American church is prayerless which makes it powerless. In the Old Testament one would say Ikabob were wrtten over the American church. In the New Testament one would say the American church has had her candlestick removed."

Bear,
I have to disagree with you that the Church in America is too far gone. What church are you looking at brother? The organized church as we know it is not the church that Jesus is building. There is a remant of overcomers right here in this nation that are interceding and standing in the gap. If God can cause a valley of dry bones to live again, then He can certainly breathe life into the Church in America and cause it to live again.

It is evident in the scripture that dark days are ahead, but in both Joel and Isaiah, the scrptures proclaim that there will be great light and glory for the saints. God's grace is either sufficient to get us through the end times or it isn't. There will be great suffering for the saints in the last days, but there will be great glory also. God has always made provision for His people in times of great trouble.

Mike

2013/8/24 14:18Profile

Re: Though Israel is a multitude, a few will be saved.

Romans 9:27-28
Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness:because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

Romans 11:5
Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Romans 11:7
What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

2013/8/25 12:19

Re: I do not believe we will see revival

my dear brother Blaine,

beloved, Faith is a Gift from our Father....either one has Faith, or doesn't have Faith, or should be praying for the Gift to be lovingly given to the humble saint seeking, asking, knocking.

in Jesus love, your brother neil

2013/8/25 15:54
endlessjoe

University of Calabar Nigeria

Re: Brother Neil

Its always great to have you around Dear Brother Neil.. Your footsteps (or comments) though always brief, dotted and isolated are always drenched with d nectar of our Saviour's love.

Thanks for d company we share!

2013/8/27 13:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy