SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Advice on using tracts to do evangelism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
romanchog

Advice on using tracts to do evangelism

I am planning to go to the local universities and pass out tracts and perhaps engage some of the young people in conversations about the gospel. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

I don't know if I should just stand somewhere and just pass out tracts. It seems that this would not be that effective, but I don't have any of the equipment necessary to open air preach (and maybe I would need a permit from the university?), so other than this how would I do it?

Any advice would be welcome. I did read a recent thread where someone wrote of how he/she used the tracts with great success and I will try to find it also.

My second concern is that I don't have a church to add to the tracts (on the back where space is usually provided for this) so if I pass these out without any contact information they will not know where to go for more information. Are there any suggestions? I have considered adding my e-mail address on there, but am not sure I want to add my phone number as well.

Thanks for any advice.

Natalie

2013/8/10 22:45Profile
ArthurRosh

Re: Advice on using tracts to do evangelism

Just do it! That's my advice :)

Don't worry too much about specifics, you will learn along the way.

Sometimes it's helpful to go with other believers but many times I hand out tracts on my own. Just pray and the Lord will be with you and guide you.

Handing out tracts is a good way to start and to meet people who want to engage in conversation.

I have never put contact info on tracts although I have tracts from a local church with the church contact info on them. It's up to you if you want to add contact info although I don't think it's that important. Most important is to be in prayer and if you meet people who want to talk then you can exchange contact info then.

Most importantly is that you are out there engaging others with the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am so happy to see a post like this. I will pray for you dear sister.

For His glory alone.

2013/8/11 0:49Profile
ET101

Hi Natalie.

Reading your post along with this one:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=50104&forum=34&1

one good advice (to me all the more) is to have tracts on your person all the time. Then as God leads, you can give them out whether or not you are on an intended tract-witnessing mission.

2013/8/29 10:53Profile
flameoffire

Michigan

Praise God. Luke 10:2, Matthew 9:38

I generally only use tracts to start conversations. I have found that simply passing something out will not get many takers, but if you ask, "Did you get one of these?" as you pass it out, people will stop.

They have to stop, look at what you're passing out and ask themselves, "Did I get one?"

"Do I want one?"

"What is this thing that everyone else got?"

I say, "It's a gospel message," followed by, "What's your spiritual background?" "Have you heard this message before?" "If God were to do a miracle in your life what would it be and can I pray for that?" or a similar question.

I have found the most success in having a long term vision for those who come to the Lord. I always want to move from the tract to a conversation, from the conversation to more conversations, a Bible study, or to a decision for Christ, from a decision to discipleship, and from discipleship to taking the believer out for evangelism with me. I'm committed to being available to the long term with each person I talk to.

Blessings!

2013/8/29 12:02Profile
flameoffire

Michigan

Re:

I do pass out tracts with my phone # and email, but I've only had people get back to me who I actually had a conversation with, so waiting and giving it out to people who respond and you get to talk to could be just as effective.

2013/8/29 12:04Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy