SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Would We Risk Death to Own a Bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Philip,

Corrie ten Boom addressed your concerns in one of her books. When a child she asked her father a question whose answer was too mature for her mind, as I recall. However, his answer was one that came back to minister to her years later and it was in the context of suffering. It went something like this: "When do I give you your ticket for the train?" "Just before boarding." "You do not get it before because it is useless." Corrie said how this is the way God enables his children to endure: his grace will be there to strengthen one right at the moment when he needs it. This concept has come back to minister to me many times. It is useless to worry about what may happen...

Heard this last Sunday: "Fear God and you fear nothing else. Do not fear God and you fear everything else." ~Oswald Chambers. Profound.

Yes, I have to deal with fears, too. What I am saying I am reminding myself as well.

May we all be faithful and it starts with the little things.

God bless one and all.

ginnyrose

2013/8/13 18:52Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re:

Very good!

2013/8/13 19:55Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Thy Word keeps me and no man can take me out of Thy hands.

Ps 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Ps 119:42 So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.
Ps 119:43 And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.
Ps 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.
Ps 119:74 They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I have hoped in thy word.
Ps 119:101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.
Jer 34:5 But thou shalt die in peace: and with the burnings of thy fathers, the former kings which were before thee, so shall they burn odours for thee; and they will lament thee, saying, Ah lord! for I have pronounced the word, saith the LORD.
Lu 5:5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
Joh 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
Joh 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Re 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

What is the fulfillment of this Word.

Colossians 1:25-29 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Paul says to fulfill the Living Word, is for the Father to put the incorruptible Seed (Peter also)in the believer, that being, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory."

The dispensation, to fulfill the Word of God, the glory of the mystery, "Christ in you", perfect in Christ, "labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily."

The Living Word Himself speaks by the written Word of God, directed by the Holy Spirit and sealed until the redemption is complete and we are in the Father's House.

If I live in and for the Living Word Himself, I will never die. Who can take us our of His hand?

Where is fear in Christ? There should be none, by the Word alone, knowing we are Laboring and Striving according to His Working in us as none other can, This is the Word of God and it is in the Bible, of which I have many and would part with none of them in the circumstance in which I stand now. Unless needed for someone else' salvation.

In Christ: Phillip
Thanks Sandra

2013/8/13 20:57Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Interesting thread and some great posts here. I was reminded of this vid of the Kimyal tribe receiving the New Testament for the first time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WvlHIEwcBg

2013/8/14 1:04Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

oracio, thank you so much for the link, you have no idea how incredibly blessed and encouraged i was by watching it, thank you

God is sooooo faithful!!!! Lord, You are amazing! How wonderful are Your ways!!!

2013/8/14 2:21Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Would We Risk Death to Own a Bible?

Would we risk death to own a Bible?

Do we read the Bible we now own?

2013/8/14 5:58Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Thank you Oracio!

My wife and I just watched that video! Going through a box of Kleenex...

2013/8/14 11:40Profile

Re: Enid

Sister I think you hit upon the question this thread is posing. Do we read the Bible we now own?

Bearmaster.

2013/8/14 13:23
onemite

Re:

Hard question.
I've kept a bible with me in my travels all through a country where it was indeed illegal, many, many times. But I never allowed the thought that I would be killed for having it to stick in my mind. I prefer to think that perhaps it will be taken away from me or perhaps I will be taken to jail, but I'm too much a coward to think I might be killed for it. I find that there is so much oppression in that place that I need to open my bible often for strength to remain faithful and for strength.

I have always had brothers and sisters pray for me and pray for the bible that traveled with me as I set out for my journey. God has always protected me.

If it came down to I must hand it over or die- well, I'd hand it over. God is able to put it into hands that will read it. He is also able to bring me another copy.
In fact, the first bible I read came from a missionary who had faith to bring the bible into that country I was in. After receiving the bible, I stuffed it in a closet only to forget about it for a year or so. No doubt, the person who gave it to me was led to bring in bibles knowing their possible fate.

I think it would be different if I knew that I had for example, one of the last bibles in print. I don't know how I would react in the face of death. I would hope, as one mentioned here that in that very moment I would have grace to stay strong, but it's impossible to say what any person would do. In any case, we must stay ever so close to God to be able to stand when that day comes. I trust He will lead us to know what to do in any given situation.

2013/8/14 19:44Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Praise the Lord brothers and sisters! Glad to hear that the video was an encouragement to you as it was to me. May we really appreciate God's Word and seek to devour it all the more while we have opportunity.

2013/8/14 20:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy