SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The appearance of an Angel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Easy big fella!

Whoa, Bearmaster! Roman Catholicism is at variance with my theology too, but people are all the precious posessions of a very loving God. There is going to be some strange overlaps as we all work out our individual pursuits of God.

When the Charismatic movement ripped through the mainline denominations in the '60's and '70's, it showed up in Roman Catholic churches as well as the Episcopalians, Methodists, Lutherans, and Presbyterians. And a bunch of others I am sure, I don't know all the details!

I witnessed this with great gusto, having been raised Presbyterian and baptised in the Spirit under the care of some Assembly of God saints. I attended a bunch of Charismatic meetings, and noticed that while individuals were blessed, many did not leave their original church moorings. They liked being known as "Charismatic Lutherans" and "Charismatic Catholics." I am sure that with any of them we would be able to quickly come to blows over points of doctrine- whatever they got from God didn't change everything!

On a mission trip in 1984 to Guatemala my group was received warmly by the Roman Catholics, the protestants much more cooly.

In the US, the Catholic (charismatic) meetings I have attended have been some of the sweetest times of praise ever, and once when a woman visitor tried to invoke praise of Mary, she was gently told that all the worship in the meeting was for Jesus. And the leaders were Catholics.

At the little mission church in Santa Fe New Mexico, the story is well known of the mysterious staircase, there to this day. The nuns who ran the mission held a Novena, a special nine day prayer program to deal with the fact that when they built their chapel, there was no way to get up to the choir loft. A serious architectural oversight! So they prayed, and out of nowhere a man showed up and volunteered to build a spiral staircase so they could use the upper deck of the chapel.

No one to this day knows the identity of the craftsman, or any other piece of his incredible work, where he came from, where he went. Or how with primitive tools he created the masterpiece, where he got the wood, or even what kind of wood it is!

The scriptures advise us to watch for a man's fruit, not his credentials. Just as in the ministry walk of Jesus, many different miracles were performed, for different purposes, and using different methods lest we come to fix ourselves on some qualifying formula by which we then judge.

I suggest we keep a reasonable mind attuned to the Spirit of God, and trust Him to protect us from error. In the meantime, we will see some wonderful and glorious deeds done by the Hand of God, through the hands of His imperfect servants.

2013/8/11 22:44Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Mystery Priest Who Showed Up at a Crash Scene Then Vanished Has Been Identified

http://news.yahoo.com/mystery-priest-showed-crash-scene-then-vanished-identified-204100904.html

2013/8/12 20:08Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Mystery Priest Who Showed Up at a Crash Scene Then Vanished Has Been Identified

Whew! Glad we got that cleared up... So, Who sent the priest??

2013/8/13 0:18Profile
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

All who claim to have Christ in them should have people scratching their heads after they have left, wondering if it was a man or an angel they had just come in contact with.

Blessings Steve

2013/8/13 0:49Profile

Re:

So who sent the priest?

The Pope.

2013/8/13 1:12
SteveHale

NSW Australia

Re:

Gday bear, no offence but when were you last mistaken for an Angel?

Steve

2013/8/13 2:26Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

We do not know much about this fellow who says he was the one who prayed for this girl. I do find it strange that the initial reports say that of all the photographs taken of this accident there is no image of a priest on them - or did I miss it?

Strange.

But if it indeed was the guy who came forward and took the credit for praying, it just may be that God is working in his heart as well. We do not know that...

If God is being glorified, let us rejoice...It is like someone said, "God can shoot a arrow straight with a crocked stick."

And....I think we are all at one time or another crocked sticks...

2013/8/13 9:21Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Changing the way we think

Can we assume that the priest showed up in something of a divine appointment, bringing with him his own perceptions of God, of Jesus, of saints gone before- and saw a real need for spiritual intervention?

I shudder to think of the spiritual conditions of people who have come across my spiritual path over the years, bringing me good news, bad news, weird news, and a whole lot of nonsense to chew on. I have "ministered" some nonsense too, as my perceptions and understanding of the Savior have changed over the years. Been a lot of years!

I am glad God found someone to help that girl survive. May the incident be useful to the Kingdom of God, that those who meditate on His goodness increase in a desire to know Him.

Truth. It cannot be created, only discovered.

2013/8/13 11:35Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Hey bear..i am a tad confused about your initial response...are you stating that it may have been a demon who saved this girl. I didnt know that demons were in the business of saving lives.

2013/8/13 18:42Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

Derek Prince told a story one time of a woman who came forward after a meeting with an interesting story. It seems a woman had taken her chronically ill daughter to a "faith healer" who gave the girl a special locket to wear for her healing. The girl's health immediately improved, and the mom was very impressed. Until she became a little uneasy and broke open the locket. Inside was a tiny little poem:

"Satan keep this girl well until her soul burns in Hell."

Demons are not interested in human healing, but may be willing to buy a little time for the big prize.

2013/8/14 0:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy