SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christians, Jews oppose Jerusalem 'gay' fest

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Christians, Jews oppose Jerusalem 'gay' fest

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

JERUSALEM – Warning of divine retribution and possible violent protest, evangelical Christians and rabbis from the United States have joined forces with ultra-orthodox Jews in Israel to fight plans to hold an international gay festival in Jerusalem this summer.

News sources report the WorldPride Parade, last held in Rome in 2000, is a 10-day event including street parties, workshops and a gay film festival. Jerusalem's ultra-orthodox Jewish Mayor Uri Lupolianski says he is powerless to interfere as public events are licensed by the police, not City Hall.

At a news conference Wednesday, California pastor Leo Giovinetti said hosting the 10-day World Pride event could bring divine retribution upon Jerusalem, citing the biblical story of Sodom and Gomorra as a precedent, according to Steve Weizman, writing for the Associated Press.

Weizman says ultra-orthodox Israeli lawmaker Nissim Zeev hinted at more earthly troubles. "With demonstrations we never know how they end up," he said. "Residents here are enraged. Everything should be done to stop this [event] and not cause people to break the law."

2005/3/19 15:59Profile
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re: Christians, Jews oppose Jerusalem 'gay' fest

I posted something on this a few weeks ago, it's tragic there is a petition being signed on friendsofisreal.com

2005/3/19 16:25Profile

Re: Christians, Jews oppose Jerusalem 'gay' fest

If the Police licensed the "gayfest" wouldn't you begin to wonder if the Police are gay or a large portion of them?

I know I would!

2005/3/19 17:03

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy