SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Cruz: Pastors Could Soon Face Hate Speech Charges

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Cruz: Pastors Could Soon Face Hate Speech Charges

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz says America is going down a dangerous road regarding what is considered "hate speech."

The Texas lawmaker warned the next step could be charging pastors with a crime for speaking in support of traditional marriage from the pulpit.

"If you look at other nations that have gone down the road towards gay marriage - that's the next step where it gets enforced," he told CBN News's David Brody.

read more: http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2013/July/Cruz-Pastors-Could-Soon-Face-Hate-Speech-Charges/

2013/7/24 12:16Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Cruz: Pastors Could Soon Face Hate Speech Charges

This is not a big deal, it will only be a big deal for preachers who do not know how to preach by the POWER of the Holy Spirit. My Bible says, "it's the anointing that breaks the yoke of bondage," not how or what a preacher says.

When preachers learn to give way to the Holy Spirit and let the anointing fall - then we will see all manner of addictions and bondage's be broken from people's lives!!

God bless us all,
Lisa

2013/7/24 16:24Profile
dohzman

Re:

2Cor 11:most of this chapetr
Of the Jews five times received I forty [stripes] save one.Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
Of course if Paul had been filled with the Holy Spirit and the Power more I doubt these things would have happened.
And what about Stephen? Acts 7...?And they stoned Stephen, calling upon [God], and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

I wonder if the Holy Spirit fell during his message?Probably not, so i guess he got one big rebuke from the Lord when Jesus took him up:/

I honestly do not mean to be sarcastic but what do people expect to happen when the Words of truth are spoken to a darkened people? A bright light shined suddenly in a fully dark room will hurt the eyes of all who happen to be standing in that dark room, that pain will bring about a reaction , that reaction will not always be a good predictable reaction. :(

Jesus said He came to bring a sword Matt 10 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And if family, how much more those who are not?

2013/7/24 19:45Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I honestly do not mean to be sarcastic but what do people expect to happen when the Words of truth are spoken to a darkened people?

Once the restraining grace of God really lifts from this nation (it hasn't yet), it's going to be pure terror. We need to be prepared to have our children taken away. Christians will be considered enemies of state, hate-mongers, pedophiles. The world will not see us as good, honest people who follow Jesus. We will instead be accused of religious terrorism, conspiracy against the system, fraud, brainwashing, sedition - the same as our Lord. Those who run orphanages, for example, will be charged with child molestation. The New Testament will be regarded as a kind of Hitler's "Mein Kampf", the fanatical hate-filled rusings of a group of ancient sociopaths and idiots.

Children in the charter and public school sectors will be taught that Jesus Christ was psychopath and liar, whose teachings and delusional ideologies created monsters like Joseph Stalin and Hitler. They will be urged to publically villify His name and report anyone who secretly worships Him - including their own parents. The accused will then be told to recant their Christian allegiance or face being removed from a "universally tolerant" society.

Sound like a nightmare? It's closer than you think.

2013/7/24 22:15Profile

Re:

We have had years of listening to testimonies and reading books and other accounts from our persecuted brethren. It should be evident what can happen. When will it happen to you personally? No one knows.

2013/7/24 22:43
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Coming soon to a theatre near you.

And to think all this could be so easily avoided if Christians had been willing to vote from a perspective of righteousness, or even just vote at all.

We will get what we deserve, and it won't be pretty. The operative word in the expression "mark of the beast" has up to this point been the word "mark." But I think it will shift to the word that increasingly describes those servants of the adversary- beast!

No wonder God is so anxious to see the mark of His Son on the genuine people of God.

LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

2013/7/24 22:53Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
dohzman wrote:
I wonder if the Holy Spirit fell during his message?Probably not, so i guess he got one big rebuke from the Lord when Jesus took him up:/

And I don’t mean to be sarcastic back but where in the verses you supplied was there “hate” speech? Of course the Holy Spirit fell, I’m not saying He didn't. And I humbly add that the topic is hate speech at this point in time, not just lighting a darken room.

Please know that I’m not disagreeing with you brother, I know and believe that it will come down to where some day no-one will be able to preach the true gospel of Christ out in the open. But using Paul’s own testimony that you provided, nothing stopped him from preaching Christ crucified while he was in bonds (50% + under house arrest?), and yet he managed to write 3/4 of the New Testament.

And my point was only about homosexuality and if a preacher is a true preacher then he/she should be able to preach about MORE than the sin of homosexuality, there are 66 books in the Bible! That’s all I was trying to say about the topic of this thread.

God bless,
Lisa

2013/7/24 22:53Profile

Re:

Quote:
by Sidewalk on 2013/7/24 19:53:08

And to think all this could be so easily avoided if Christians had been willing to vote from a perspective of righteousness, or even just vote at all.

We will get what we deserve, and it won't be pretty. The operative word in the expression "mark of the beast" has up to this point been the word "mark." But I think it will shift to the word that increasingly describes those servants of the adversary- beast!

No wonder God is so anxious to see the mark of His Son on the genuine people of God.

LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

Yes, but you don't really know how much vote fraud there is and yet people want to blame an electorate that is not engaged. You also don't know how much people are praying for the nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbf3iaEbAuY

I think it is very harsh to say that the Church is going to get what they deserve.

The NT Church did not get involved with politics, did they get what they deserved? Jesus resisted men's efforts to get Him involved on a political level. Is that why He suffered and died? He got what He deserved? Brother or Sister, promotion comes not from the east or the west but from the hand of God. Let's not blame the church for not being involved in the world's political process, enough.

May I recommend, prayer?

2013/7/25 1:14
dohzman

Re:

I guess I do not really believe that it will become that totally desperate in America. I think that possibly America will be cut short before the revealing of the anti-christ and his lot, America will not even be a consideration in the whole end-time picture that rolls out, by end-times I mean the last 7 to 10 years. I do believe that we will see pockets of sever persecution say like this state religious freedom is attacked at the school children level...maybe like the home schoolers, but not so much in another state, or freedom of speech here but not in other places...Much like we are seeing now but maybe more amplified and a little more wide spread but not to the furthest extremes.
The real question will be, how prepared will the christian community be to extend help to brethren across state lines or across the country, you know like they did with sending help to their Hebrew brethren in Acts through the ministry of Paul.

2013/7/25 4:48Profile
dohzman

Re:

I understand your point and agree with you about how vast the preaching material is that we have access to. The problem is that our preaching has be culturally relevant in order to speak to this generation at this point in time. Back in the prohibition era the preachers spoke on the sins of drinking. Basically that topic was one of the staples of many sermons in that era. During the Jesus movement much of what was ministered was a strong case against the sins of self and drugs. So it is really nothing new today, preaching has always been a counter balance to the wrong direction a society is heading.

What we have happening now in America is that in the same way that the US Constitution is under attack by the powers that be, they are working to undermine it and bring change to it(the underlying governing document of the US),in the same way the Authority of God s design for humanity for marriage for family is under attack by unprincipled men in power who in this life are refusing to bow their knees to Jesus Christ as Lord, but one day they will have no choice in that:) The difference is that as a society here in America most of our social sins have been swept under the rug and out of sight (speaking mainly about the past as contrasted with the present), but now that they are in the open, it must be addressed. It was not as though we never had these issues of specific sin in the past, we did, just now they are coming to the forefront, thats all. Think of it as the prophets of baal and the conflict they were having with Elijah on Mt Carmel....After that grand display one would think that an eye witness like Ahab would gladly repent and do righteousness...but history records his continued foolishness and eventual choice to depart this life choosing eternal death rather than Abraham's bosom. The show down has and will continue..it is a battle that has been taking place for a very long time. The specific naming of sins? well it is necessary, it always has been the way of God s spokesmen/women down through the ages.

2013/7/25 5:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy