SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Paul Washer Speaking in Seoul, South Korea

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Brenden

South Korea

Paul Washer Speaking in Seoul, South Korea

Paul Washer is doing a five day conference in Ilsan, a city right up against Seoul. The dates are: August 13th to 17th (Tuesday to Saturday). This is the website for further details: http://cafe.daum.net/tgocm/QBDk/1 (You may need a translator to read it). Please, msg me if you need any help.

I am also wondering if anyone on here knows of some good ecclesiastical groups around the Seoul/Bucheon area. Appreciate any thoughts.

Blessings.

2013/7/13 2:37Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Paul Washer Speaking in Seoul, South Korea

Washer is really up against something by going to preach in S. Korea because he is so young.

We have Koreans attend our church. One is a university student and the other is a [married] university professor. The older one told us how the younger man wants to begin a Bible Study for people at the university but that he, the older person, will not attend because he is older and that it is not acceptable among Koreans for a younger person to lead in the presence of an older person! Koreans have a strong respect for hierarchy based on age.

Washer will need the prayers of the saints, for sure.

2013/7/13 9:34Profile
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Re:

@ginnyrose I am sure he will, but he is in his 50's, so hopefully it won't be much of a problem. Either way, maybe they could realize their need to not despise a person's youth as mentioned in the Scriptures?

I will keep him in my prayers.

2013/7/13 18:46Profile

Re:

I think Paul will be ok. The South Korean church is a spiritual people who send missionaries now to America. They are used to comparing spiritual things with spiritual things. Plus, they have Paul Yongii Cho as an example who held his first house meeting at 22 years of age and at 28 years old had a congregation of 3,000.

And as the other poster said, Paul Washer is 50.

2013/7/13 21:08
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

hey brenden, there is a sister church of sovereign grace ministries in seoul. not sure if you've heard of sovereign grace or not, but they are an amazing group of Spirit filled churches with a solid foundation in the Word (one of the founders was c.j. mahaheny just for a bit of reference). here is a link to the website for the one in seoul:

http://www.sgmlordsgrace.org/home/

and a link with more info about the church and its history:

http://www.sovereigngraceministries.org/blogs/sgm/category/Korea.aspx

:)

2013/8/13 0:12Profile

Re:

It is interesting that Paul Washer is speaking in S Korea. I winder if he will give his indictments against the modern church message. Reports out of S. Korea indicate that the modern evangelical church has lost much of its zeal it once enjoyed. Mainly due to the modern church rubbish that America has exorted to S. Korea. The persecuted church in N. Korea has a far purer witness then the S. Korean church. Some have suggested the division of Korea is a blessing. That being protecting N. Korean church from the corruption if the S. Korea. church.

My prayer would be God use Paul Washer to awaken the S. Korea church and call her to repentence.

Bearmaster.

2013/8/13 1:10
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

bearmaster,

When were you last in South Korea?

2013/8/13 7:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy