SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How to React

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
yakubu

Nigeria

How to React

well I appreciate all that has been said here about the PDL on the assumption that they are all in good faith. I do not intend to make additional comments here either for or agaisnt. I rather would suggests that we be careful that our comments and criticisms do not position us agaisnt the spirit of the Lord himself. We are ourselves imperfect people who know in part. So when we try to censor other people and their works we must do so with fear and trembling doing so in love and watching our own lives and reactions. The Lord help us all.

2005/3/18 12:45Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: How to React

I think its interesting that one of yakubu's first posts shows how critical of others we seem to act. Yes I know that error or possibility of error should be discussed and corrected, but I think we should take this as a check to ourselves that we not be of a critical spirit, but if error is exposed it should be done in love. This is something I have been dealing with.

2005/3/18 13:11Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

What is wrong with pointing out error when we see it? PD material is error!

2005/3/18 16:37Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Quote:

yakubu wrote:
well I appreciate all that has been said here about the PDL on the assumption that they are all in good faith.

I am wondering what is PDL or PD material is?

2005/3/18 17:02Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Yes the Lord will help us!!!!! It's in the word. Peter said "lord what about him?" The Lord in the short said What about him "you just follow me" Keeping my eyes on the lord keeps me from looking at my brother and wondering whats up with him. looking to the one who is my hero, and acting like him. And you know I just LOVE the guy(My Hero) Because he first loved me. WOW!!!!

2005/3/18 17:34Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I didnt say I approved or disaproved of PDL. I was just merely saying a blanket statement that we should make sure we expose error in love. I personnally see the modern tendances i might not agree with. But people have been changed or refocused by it. God will use what ever He can... regaurdless of how weak it is.

2005/3/18 18:10Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

God saves people out of the world every day, out of voodo, satanism, witchcraft, and He saves some out of the Purpose Driven Live program also. Just because God saves people out of voodo, satanism, and witchcraft is no reason to bring them into the church.. As to exposing error with love, Jesus did not demenstrate love when he exposed the error of the money changers in Jn.2:15.
lol Greg :-(

2005/3/19 1:02Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Motives of the heart

Quote:
Jesus did not demenstrate love when he exposed the error of the money changers in Jn.2:15.

In our eyes perhaps, yet Jesus demonstrated perfect love to His Father by Joh 2:17 [i]His disciples remembered that it was written, "Zeal for your house will consume me." [/i]
Part of our problem, that we can take on an element of an attribute and leave out the whole. We are still not Him nor are our motives oftentimes.

It's interesting that Jesus didn't come to destroy the temple at that time but to cleanse it.
And it seems progressive.

([i]Luk 19:47 And he taught daily in the temple. But the chief priests and the scribes and the chief of the people sought to destroy him,

Joh 7:28 Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.[/i] )

Joh 2:18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Joh 2:20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Joh 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
Joh 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

And of course latter on that very same structure '[i]Forty and six years was this temple in building[/i]' was destroyed.

There are quite a few threads on the PDL here and in a nutshell a better accounting of [i]Purpose[/i] would be "Conformed To His Image" Oswald Chambers, (my opinion,) only because like many things the tendencie is to get things out of order or to blurr the lines. This came up again yesterday at work with a seasoned saint in discussion, he having heard about it and planning to read it if only to find out what all the hub-bub is about.

A sampling here:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=2649&forum=41&start=60&viewmode=flat&order=1]Purpose Driven Life[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1393&forum=35#8454]Purpose Driven Life vs. My Utmost? [/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=1413&forum=36&post_id=&refresh=Go]Purpose Driven Church or the Church of Jesus Christ?[/url]

2005/3/19 8:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy