SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Transcript of Tony Miano's Interrogation after being arrested for preaching in Lomdon

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
romanchog

Transcript of Tony Miano's Interrogation after being arrested for preaching in Lomdon

Here is a link to the text of Tony Miano's interrogation.

http://www.crossencounters.us/2013/07/police-interrogation-of-tony-miano.html

2013/7/8 19:57Profile

Re: Trnascript of Tony Miano's Interrogation after being arrested for preaching

Why exactly is this being promoted as persecution?

2013/7/8 20:58
dohzman

Good post.

I remember when a brother on our team was called to court with a law suite because he had placed a gospel tract on the sunroof of a car and the owner tried to say he did damage to the sunroof. In the trial he was asked who was his lawyer or legal counsel and David said "Jesus", in the end the guy was really just mad about preachers on the streets at night witnessing and Dave did win the case. Isa. "though they come it will not be by Me.......every tongue that rises up against you I will condemn...."

amrkelly... I think the trouble comes in when we do not discern properly what persecution is and that it can come in various degrees of intensity and take upon it self a wide range of forms and shapes, like the poor gal who refuses to lie for her boss and loses her job because of it. Being arrested and questioned to any degree is still semi tough because law enforcement works on the principle of intimidation and until you have been there , it is tough to really understand what it is like to be in that "hot seat". I'm speaking as one who has been there.

2013/7/9 9:05Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Good post.

I can certainly understand AMR's question.

Apparently there is a law on the books in London regarding the use of "homophobic" language in a public place.

A person called the police because in their view this law was being violated. The police at that point had a duty to investigate the incident because of the law on the books.

There is certainly nothing in the interrogation (at least that comes across in the transcript) that was nasty or intimidating, although admittedly being interrogated at all could cause some stress.

But when a person is street preaching, they can certainly expect some amount of persecution, even short of being arrested (i.e. being spit at, cursed at, ridiculed, physically assualted, etc). In other words, a street preacher assumes the risk of persecution to some degree.

Further, Jesus said to rejoice when we are persecuted for sharing the gospel because "great is our reward in heaven."

Now, I am man enough to admit that I am too chicken to be a street preacher. I think 98% of Christians are, if they were honest. However, if I ever get up the gumption to stand up in my town's square and begin preaching, I will not be surprised if I get persecuted a bit. Maybe I would even remember to rejoice. But I can't say I would be surprised- in fact I would expect it. So I am not sure if I am getting what I already expect that I can call that "persecution."

2013/7/9 12:25Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

Quote:
Why exactly is this being promoted as persecution?

Nowhere in the original post or in the web page given do I see the word persecution.

2013/7/9 16:43Profile

Re:

Before you jump on the band wagon of presuming to know what I have intended by my words I would respectfully suggest you connect all the dots. Watch the video, read the contemporaneous transcript, and then see Tony's own original post which is listed on another OP. For your assistance I make all them available here in one place. Really listen and then listen some more. Start with the first link and give some thought to the implications of the words between the 4.5 and 5.15 min mark of the first link. Then see the original post second link and then read the transcript. Then remind yourself that this is a police officer formerly and so he understands the nature of evidence. I could connect all the dots but why should I. I'd be hung drawn and quartered before I got to explain it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2vu9CI5Ij4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZjwYfGXzVo&feature=youtu.be

http://www.crossencounters.us/2013/07/police-interrogation-of-tony-miano.html

2013/7/9 17:04
Sree

Re: Transcript of Tony Miano's Interrogation after being arrested for preaching

This is definitely a persecution. People have an image that persecution means someone torturing you. They think, Since the police officer is so gentle in this case, there is no persecution here. But the lack of freedom to share the Gospel to a Nation which was once flooded with Gospel messages is a clear sign of persecution.

To me the answers given by the preacher is clear, sound and biblical. I find nothing wrong with what he has done. I do not find any need to examine his preaching by looking into videos. God is his witness. Preaching Homosexuality as sin is not an offence of any kind. To me the women who complained got convicted and disturbed, hence decided to take action against him. Gospel preaching should disturb those who listen, else Gospel is not shared in the way it should be.

2013/7/10 2:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
This is definitely a persecution. People have an image that persecution means someone torturing you. They think, Since the police officer is so gentle in this case, there is no persecution here. But the lack of freedom to share the Gospel to a Nation which was once flooded with Gospel messages is a clear sign of persecution.

To me the answers given by the preacher is clear, sound and biblical. I find nothing wrong with what he has done. I do not find any need to examine his preaching by looking into videos. God is his witness. Preaching Homosexuality as sin is not an offence of any kind. To me the women who complained got convicted and disturbed, hence decided to take action against him. Gospel preaching should disturb those who listen, else Gospel is not shared in the way it should be. sree

There were two formal interviews in this instance of Mr Miano's arrest. The first is on video and has to do with the arresting officer. The second is a transcript and is conducted in a police station. Regardless as to the so-called gospel content of the preaching itself it is these interviews which form the basis for understanding intent in law. The transcript of the contemporaneous interview at the police station shows clearly that once the words used in a public place had been established, the remainder of the interview has to do with establishing intent. The police do not have a direct link into peoples hearts. Their thoughts and therefore their intentions are established evidentially.

The specific legal element of this preaching cited as a basis for arrest was, comments spoken in a public place which are likely to give rise to distress. The term is homophobia, and it has to do with inciting in a public place other persons to hate or else despise an individual or individuals by identifying them as belonging to a specific group. In this instance homosexuals. Mr Miano went beyond even this definition when he stated clearly that the women was "probably a lesbian". This was done in the full hearing of hundreds of people. Any one of which could have reacted to this comment and directly targeted this women with abuse and possible violence. Despite what we imagine, this is not the gospel nor is it the purpose of the gospel. It is an abuse and it was too far.

Apart from that Mr Miano states in the pre arrest interview that he had consulted with lawyers before the preaching began and established that he could in fact speak words which would be taken as insulting by those who heard them. Mr Miano even went as far as to declare this intent in his opening address at the 4:04 to 5:30 mark of the video through a public address system where no one could have misunderstood his intent.

Whether the answers given by Mr Miano were clear sound and biblical is irrelevant. It is a formal interview under caution and therefore amounts to evidence. If you cannot see any of this it is because your eyes are blinded by a false sense of persecution. As a matter of reality if the woman who was accused of being a lesbian in the preaching video were to refer this matter back to the police and they saw this tape they would have plenty of grounds for seeking advice from the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service). Mr Miano was not "dealt with" in Law as to the complaint but was released with no further action. This means that the possibility of it being referred back remains. We need wisdom in the way we deal with those in authority which must include respecting the law. If in the end we must say that which is against the law then we ought to say it and not complain that we are having our "thoughts controlled" by the "though police". It is as usual an apostate mix of politic and truth. It is unfruitful and in the end it is doing the gospel no good whatsoever.

2013/7/10 5:16
dohzman

Re: amrkelly

When the word persecution is used, how do you understand it or what do you understand it to mean? BTW..thx for the links I went through all 3 again.

2013/7/10 9:50Profile
Sree

Re:

To begin with I did not point out anyone for calling this a fake persecution. I just addressed in general the mentality of people in understanding persecution. No offence intended.

Like I said in my previous post, I did not see any video nor do I find it necessary. I am not qualified enough to judge how gospel is shared by someone. I am not an evangelist by calling. So I will not judge the ministry that this guy is given.

When it comes to obeying the law of the land or obeying god, a Christian should choose to obey god. I am not here to judge the comment he made about the women in public. But it is biblical to address the sin of someone in public. John the Baptist called Herod an adulterer for living with his brother's wife. He was arrested for speaking against the ruler which was a violation of law of the land. According to the logic posted in this thread earlier, John did not suffer persecution at all. He just got the treatment he diserves for breaking law. Who knows some devot Jew might try to kill Herod based on john's hate speech. Come on!!!

My point is not to insult any poster here. To me it is a persecution and I will not judge the preacher based on his comment on the women. I want to gracefully exit from posting in this thread any more as I feel I have expressed my views.

2013/7/10 11:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy