SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Watch Your Words

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

Watch Your Words

What words are you speaking, this is just a quick word about being careful of the words you speak. The words you are speaking have a direct influence on what is happening in your life. In the Bible there are instances that reveal this truth, take Ruth for example in Ruth 2:2 before she was to go out to get food for her and her mother in law she said, "Let me now go to the field, and glean ears of corn after him in whose sight I shall find grace." Now suppose she would have talked about how bad times were and all they didn't have then that's what she would have experienced. How about Joshua and the children of Isreal, before they made it to the Promised Land in Deuteronomy 7:1 God told them there was 7 nations mightier than they, but how were they going to defeat them. God told Joshua, "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth..." and as a result he would make his way prosperous. His way would be made prosperous by the words that would come out of his mouth. And there's David going up against Goliath he said exactly what he was going to do to him. He didn't talk about how big he was. He didn't talk about how experienced he was as a warrior. He talked his future not his present circumstances. What are you speaking of, if you are looking for a job are you talking how there's no jobs or are you speaking favor over yourself. What are you speaking.

2013/7/8 16:12Profile
OnwardUpward

Re: Watch Your Words

Very good message. Thanks for posting. Removing negative thoughts and words and living a shining life filled with hope is a very important aspect of Christian living.

2013/7/9 2:45Profile
Jeremy221

This is rubbish and it's fruit is hypocrisy and sin. We are told to guard our hearts for out of them flow everything else. I've met people who hod this teaching and they are weak, double-minded people who neither walk in or believe the Word of God because it is not stored in their heart.

2013/7/9 2:51Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Thank you for taking the time to read this article and for your comment. Thanks!!!

2013/7/10 1:25Profile
PQ

Europe

Re:

Jeremy221 - I do respect your views, as i read many of your post on here.
Yet you could have simply given the balance to what the Brother posted rather than calling it rubbish.
Let us not judge unrighteously!

Our LORD Jesus Christ told us: Matthew 12:37 - For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

pq*

2013/7/10 3:06Profile
jochbaptist

Yes Brother FranklinB, I agree.

Proverbs 13:2
From the fruit of their lips people enjoy good things, but the unfaithful have an appetite for violence.

Proverbs 21:23
Those who guard their mouths and their tongues keep themselves from calamity.

2013/7/10 5:46Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Something isn't correct about the original post and I cannot pin point it at this time.

It sounds as if it is flirting with the word of faith movement and that is only authentic if the Spirit is behind the words. Much of the time it isn't and the mouth because a loud sound and not the moving of God.

I can tell you what I practice when it comes to words. I have learned to hear matters out and process the information through my thought process before making comments. Sometimes I find myself about to say something and then I stop and wait and listen to my heart. Often times I find my patience in hearing a matter out just grew and I am often able to provide a better answer in the future.

I don't know that I agree that the words we speak have a direct influence on your life. This equates to positive and negative thinking. Think something close to Wayne Dwyer and you will see where I am going with that.

2013/7/10 8:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy