SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can A Christian Have Tattoos?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
TMK wrote:
I thought that was obvious-- guess not. I must say that Christian satire- like that found in the "Wittenburg Door" did a great service to me by helping me to get rid of a religious spirit, although I still struggle with it.

I used to read the "Wittenburg Door" as well! It sure did help to get rid of any religious spirits hanging around!!

God bless,
Lisa

2013/7/11 1:54Profile
rbanks

Re:

1 Peter 5:5 (NKJV)
5 Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble."

I have been studying this scripture and realize how much we as Christians need to be clothed in humility. This means to have a humble and servant attitude toward one another.

This is so important because God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. We all must experience His grace from beginning to the end.

Let's all strive not to be a stumbling block to one another but truly a blessing in helping one another be formed to the image of Christ.

Talk about reading a book to not have a religious spirit, why not read the bible with an open and humble heart to obey the Spirit of the Word.

Blessings...from brother rbanks

2013/7/11 8:27Profile

Re:

Everyone has opinions based on outward observations whether they want to admit it or not. We should be careful not to marginalize Believers because of our prejudices and biases. How much have you changed in your thinking and practice through the years?

Some don't like jewelry or women wearing slacks. Some don't like seeing women's bellies (but we don't tell our Indian sisters that, do we?).

Some don't like tattoos, untraditional hairdos, certain types of dresses, or shoes, or cars or houses or clothes. The list goes on and on and on.

Many want to showcase their "belief system" and you see that many times on SI and other places, yet little emphasis is placed on behavior. Belief systems are useless which have no accompanying Godly, loving behavior.

Whatever is not of faith, is sin. We may not have faith, but to assume someone else is doing something not in faith, is not our judgment to make.

2013/7/11 9:16
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Am just jumping in here - have not read much on this thread in the recent days, but this statement caught my eye.

My sister, Ruthie, is an registered nurse, has practiced it for years. She was telling me about an scientific, medical exhibit that features real human cadavers. The organs are displayed, explained how they function in the human body. She said you can tell which ones had tattoos: they look awful. The ink not only penetrates the skin but also tissue beneath it. She said it is gross!

Heath wise - getting a tattoo puts you at risk for hepatitis. You may not get it, but if you do you will rue the day you gave in to your vanity!

2013/7/11 9:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Texas House approves sweeping abortion restrictions 1 reply..77 views.....

Can A Christian Have Tattoos? 53 reply's....1716 views...

“True” Christians Are A Mess!
http://epistle.us/articles/christianmess.html

2013/7/11 9:39Profile

Re:

Yeah, it's pretty sad. Jesus is no respecter of persons and we presumably have His Spirit.

2013/7/11 9:52
MaryJane

Re:

by MrBillPro on 2013/7/11 3:39:03

“True” Christians Are A Mess!
http://epistle.us/articles/christianmess.html

Greetings MrBillPro

I have notice myself over my time spent here on SI. I know I can be guilty as anyone in getting caught up in debating so I do pray about that often.

I am thankful that these restriction were put in place I will continue to pray that the deception would be pulled back and people would see the truth. Abortion is nothing less then murdering of unborn children and grieves the heart of our LORD so it should grieve us as well.

God bless
maryjane

2013/7/11 10:04Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Great article, MrBillPro.

oops.. that is another reply.

nonetheless a good article we all should read.

2013/7/11 11:50Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:

Hi MrBillPro,

I think that there can be reasons why one article is heavily discussed while another has fewer replies.

First of all, in this thread, the original poster asked a question. He wanted input and even stated that he wanted to begin a healthy discussion on the topic.

Secondly, the article regarding anti-abortion legislation in the Texas House that you posted -- although extremely important -- is also well-published in various news sources. Many people might glance over it simply because they had already read it.

An article in the News and Current Events section is often seen as just that -- an article. If you look through that section, you'll notice that all such articles typically elicit few responses.

I do understand what you're saying. However, while I agree that all that seemingly falls under the category of "the Church" can seem to be in a mess, we shouldn't assume that there was more interest paid to this topic solely because some deemed it more important or more interesting.

It could simply be that others were already aware of the article and that it is "news" rather than "discussion."

2013/7/11 12:05Profile

Re:

I have noticed that threads referring to outward appearance seem to garner more attention than threads that refer to inward life or behavior. What is the message, there?

2013/7/11 13:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy