SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Let’s Be Earnest About Prayer by Sarah Foulkes Moore

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Let’s Be Earnest About Prayer by Sarah Foulkes Moore

Everywhere today the Spirit is calling God’s people to prayer. But the Lord’s people are not stirring themselves up to pray. People are busy in their own affairs. Churches are engaged in programs of their own that have little to do with God’s program in this Age-ending hour. When the Lord asked Matthew to leave his money-changing, and Peter to leave his nets, they forsook all to obey His voice, and in His hands became the instruments of laying the foundation of His kingdom on earth.

But who today is listening for His voice saying, "This is the way, walk ye in it"? (Isa. 30:21). Even though they hear His voice calling to prayer, to suffering for righteousness’ sake, they have a controversy with the Lord, and instead of offering their laid-down lives, they offer excuses.

In Proverbs we read, "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death" (14:12). This is the way of deadly self-will.

God’s Gracious Promise

"If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land" (2 Chr. 7:14).

This is God’s covenant of intervention whereby He says "IF" we do certain things, He will heal our land. Are you or I doing these things that will heal our land of its ungodliness? One of His requirements is that we humble ourselves and pray. Let us ask Him to teach us what it means to humble ourselves and pray.

According to God’s Word, He will give us His omnipotent help IF we will humble ourselves and pray. God is waiting for His ministers and His people to prostrate themselves on their faces before Him in confession, in contrition, in heart-searching, in vast new renunciations to Him. This promise belongs to Israel but also to us by appropriation! It is nothing to God to beat down the mighty mountains of ungodliness, wickedness and infidelity in the world if He has those who will do His work in His way and all for His glory in Christ Jesus.

Lenin, when asked what helped the communists to overthrow Russia, said, "The weakness of our enemies." Today America is weak morally. The church is weak spiritually.

Will You Be an Intercessor?

"I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it" (Ezek. 22:30).

God is looking for intercessors today. "An intercessor is one who stands between man and his great peril, and God and His great power to deliver." The need of intercessors among the ministers and people of God today is the greatest need of all. When God does not find intercessors judgment goes forth!

Let us pray without ceasing for all in authority that we may live in all peaceableness and honesty and finish the unfinished task – world evangelization through world revival (Jas. 5:7).

2013/7/4 20:09Profile
turn

USA

Re: Let’s Be Earnest About Prayer by Sarah Foulkes Moore

Thank you for sharing. I noticed these sections in particular:

According to God’s Word, He will give us His omnipotent help IF we will humble ourselves and pray. God is waiting for His ministers and His people to prostrate themselves on their faces before Him in confession, in contrition, in heart-searching, in vast new renunciations to Him.

It is nothing to God to beat down the mighty mountains of ungodliness, wickedness and infidelity in the world if He has those who will do His work in His way and all for His glory in Christ Jesus.

2013/7/5 8:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy