SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : should i post this?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

should i post this?

lately I've been very ill.

not "terminal" in a cancer sense, but my various conditions, there is no "cure". Death, in itself, lost its grip over me, almost exactly 5 years ago, when I faced it, and thru the Ministry of God the Holy Spirit, I was blessed with Paul's "Philippian Joy".

Then in May of 2011, God answered my prayers, and gave me this rural "Kerith Ravine"...its very much like "Bag End" from "Lord of the Rings".....I've gone into Places with God....got caught up in High Places with God....mere human words cant even describe.

my health worsens...sometimes I get very lonely for human company...I have made friends....I have found other followers of Jesus..precious saints. The "church situation" here is rather dry....mainline denominations.

its not their "fault"...its not my "rebellion". Praise be to God, He has me writing....not about the secular. but the Sacred.

Many nights, I've found great blessing to listen to old sermons from this website, as many of you know, i'm very fond of Len Ravenhill and Duncan Campbell....i'll fall asleep prayerfully listening to them.

I finally picked up Len's masterwork, "Why Revival Tarries"...here, I who have read "The Life of Brainerd" three times, never read Ravenhill's "Why Revival Tarries"...is beyond me.

No wonder, many many saints know nothing of Len Ravenhill....think about it. Their pastors. ...or maybe its the fact Len saves so much of his scourge for Tv-envangelists, and those men who strive to be seen...the very public mega ministries...Len is merciless...same the with the cults and rome.

This morning when I was reading "Tarries"...I had a terrible weeping ministry going...Len was writing about the reality that satan treasure is men's souls (women as well)...people's souls...and the way he wrote this passage....even know, hours later...thinking about it, thousands and thousands of dear souls streaming into hell.

these days I find myself mourning more and more keenly...not on a self pity trip...no, but we have a world rushing out there, that is rushing towards disaster with a speed I find breathtaking....and the more and more I read and see happening all around me....my tears just stream...the only happiness, wholeness, joy, peace I get, is when I focus on Jesus.

that's not some mere pious declaration or other such humbug....i'll get rewarded by glimpses of Heaven...outside of Those.........gathering darkness and gloom, hellishness..i thank God He's surrounded this little citadel with His Spirit.

I went down to town today, its 4300 souls. first for a doctors apt, then to see my brother Ben...a dear saint who God has entrusted with a small Work...now maybe 12 saints. meeting in a small Christian Academy...its a private Christian K-12 school....he's a dear brother, sweet man, I told him I dearly want to come into this Work...I also stressed the URGENCY of a small group of prayer warriors...PRAYING...NOW. I believe we are of one mind on this, I also met another brother in Christ, that is in this Work with Ben...there was much love in Christ Jesus as we sat in that Chinese restaurant...just the three of us.

so why did I entitle this post, "should I post this"?

here's why...I just read a letter, a suicide letter from one of dear sons..our warriors...and I saw a 15 minute video, that was put up by one of the few secular "alt-media" sites I have any regard for...

but I want to say this....these are very bad times......I don't KNOW if these ARE the Last Days...as in a "week" fron now...or a month...or a "year" from now.

I don't know...NOT ONE of us does, but these are very bad times...very dark...God is brimming with Holy Anger...there is so much wickedness, murder, violence, insanity...and we are small.

I am small, just a blade of grass...but I can pray....and I noticed this truth...WHEN I keep my eyes on Jesus...I can "walk on the water"....stay above the "waves"...the second I take my eyes OFF Jesus...I sink...you know what I speak of.

so i'm not going to post up the suicide note, nor the 15 minute video of the tragedy of a people asleep, while some very cruel "nazi's " make haste as to their intent....(i'm a jew, we know what nazi's look and act like...just as I KNOW Who Messiah is...and His Name is Jesus....but I don't want to vex any of you. my brothers and sisters, dear saints you are)

let me conclude with this, its from the 16th Psalm, verses 1 and 2 and 3

"Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from you.”
As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones,
in whom is all my delight."

and then this...this is my prayer...God Willing, that He bring a Holy Ghost Revival to the Driftless Region of Wisconsin....i'm going to believe on That!

I know You Hear me!!! Psalm 32...one of the Seven Penitential Psalm, that served as liturgy in the Early Church...

pray this with me will you saints?....the first seven verses, We talk to Jesus...then God answers...then we praise Him together.....Precious Precious Word of God

"Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven,
whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity,
and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

3 For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.
4 For day and night your hand was heavy upon me;
my strength was dried up[b] as by the heat of summer. Selah

5 I acknowledged my sin to you,
and I did not cover my iniquity;
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”
and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah

6 Therefore let everyone who is godly
offer prayer to you at a time when you may be found;
surely in the rush of great waters,
they shall not reach him.
7 You are a hiding place for me;
you preserve me from trouble;
you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah"

THEN.......

"
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
9 Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding,
which must be curbed with bit and bridle,
or it will not stay near you.

10 Many are the sorrows of the wicked,
but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord.
11 Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, O righteous,
and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!

Amen!!!

2013/6/25 18:35
blessed050

Middle Georgia (backside of desert in the Bible Belt)

Re: should i post this?

I just read your post. I don't know who you are but God does. May God bless you. Our lives are temporal here and our home is eternal.

2013/6/25 19:03Profile

"blessed"

my name is neil . i'm a Jew who follows Jesus, amen to what you wrote.......when you hear. God willing, of Revival in the Driftless.....come. God love you

2013/6/25 19:19

Re: "blessed"

Yes indeed brother, that God would speak to men and men would speak to God. We love because He first loved us. We speak to HIm because He speaks to us. He initiates and we respond. He is first always and then we follow. Praise the Lord God our Saviour who made a way for us into the holy of holy's, that we might come before the throne of our heavenly Father by the Spirit. This is His gift to us......bro Frank

2013/6/25 20:14
MaryJane

Re:

Neil you wrote:these days I find myself mourning more and more keenly...not on a self pity trip...no, but we have a world rushing out there, that is rushing towards disaster with a speed I find breathtaking....and the more and more I read and see happening all around me....my tears just stream...the only happiness, wholeness, joy, peace I get, is when I focus on Jesus.

My thoughts to have been on how quickly time seems to be passing away. I looked at my calender again today and thought its already the end of June how is that possible. The cares of this world can become a heavy burden if we allow our focus to remain on them for to long, and like you I find real joy in HIM only. I pray often because I know I fall so very short but I am so thankful because HE is with me always. When the world seems its darkest HE allows me to come here and read things posted by some few that bless me very much. Thank you for sharing your heart brother and know that you are lifted up in prayers often.

God bless
maryjane

2013/6/25 21:43Profile

My dear sister MJ

"lifted up in prayers often"?

oh you dear dear saint....now I know why I have been blessed as such!!!!

and I bet you think I might be saying that in jest!!

no, i'm in earnest...LORD love you beloved! neil

2013/6/25 22:46
used4him

Re: "blessed"

Thank you Neil, for posting. I too get sick of all the wickedness in the world, and long for heaven. Your idea of getting together with others to pray is excellent. It's nice to hear there are others in Wisconsin of the same heart. Shalom to you,

2013/6/25 22:56Profile

Re: should i post this?

thanks for posting Neil i like listening to your thoughts brother

bless you =)

2013/6/25 22:59
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: when words carry a man's spirit

My prayer as a young man was that I might someday be a wise old man. But I was unaware of how pain would make that possible.

I deeply appreciate the sweet groanings of your post, the pain is real as the hope is as well. It seems God is less interested in numbers like we are, He can do so much with one who rests in the palm of His hand. Some day the stories will be told of nations rising and falling because of the prayers of one man, a hidden man, a man in pain, perhaps a very old man.

But a man connected to his heavenly Father. Cringe in fear ye haughty nations, ye men of lust and thirst for worldly power- God will take you down though the prayers of godly men you would never esteem.

Thank you Neil, for sweet inspiration tonight!

2013/6/29 0:27Profile
Compton

Re:

Bless you Neil.

2013/6/29 0:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy