SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I have found the key!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
passerby

Re:

When immature believers are faced with big or perplexing problems they either became impatient and go ahead before God like Sarah who persuaded Abraham to take Hagar to obtain children by her (gen 16), or they just run away like Jonah.

And as the accounts went, their actions resulted into big disasters.

The Lord God has given as amazing promises about salvation and eternal life but when things are not in accordance to our expectations, understanding, or biases we commit the same errors that they made. We act and judge ahead of God or just withdraw and hibernate in bitterness and defeat.

But God's timing is always sufficient and perfect, a thousand years for us mortals may as well be just a wink of an eye for Him. Whatever plans and promises He has for each of one us, He will surely make it come to pass.

Through the sacrifices of our Lord and saviour, we are now
sons and daughters to the Almighty. The veil that separates
us before God our Father is already gone as we are given the privilege to cry 'Abba'_ in our weakness, when we are torn, when we are confused, when we had failed and fallen.

2013/6/25 11:24Profile

Re:

Jesus is so right on..."if we really love Him, we will obey Him". Those are the good works that we are ordained to walk in.

Eph_2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

2013/6/25 13:49
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:
Jesus is so right on..."if we really love Him, we will obey Him". Those are the good works that we are ordained to walk in.

What do you mean 'obey him', obey him in what, are there specific commands that he has in general or are they personal things?

2013/6/25 14:07Profile

Re:

Thank you MaryJane for pointing out the fact that the Lord infuses every part of our day.

The notion that we are too busy or that the demands of life somehow drown out the vitality of our walk with Jesus is a very dangerous one and exactly represents the dangers of hyper grace to the walk of the saint with His Lord. Now, please do not confuse this with salvation.

If we presume upon our walk with the Lord, if we lie back and take, as , I would argue almost every human being would take, the path of least resistance, then we are in great danger of drifting away from the Lord. Could this end up in one walking away from God? Yes, I do believe that is a real danger. Even the sheep know that they have to stay close to the shephard. We know that the enemy picks of the straggler.

If your life is too busy to commune with God, if your thoughts are consumed with the problems of the day, the answer is not to fall back upon a safety net of " it does not really matter, it's all already done." The answer is to change your life in such a manner that you seek first the Kingdom of God in all that you do and in every part of your life.

The answer is to diligently seek the Lord, for He is a rewarder of such. The answer is to drop all activities that are not required if they are keeping you from a vital and intimate relationship with the Lord. This is what separates us from the world. The world is consumed by matters that have no eternal value. And although they pursue their pleasures and their careers and make every effort to give their kids the American dream, they find no happiness or satisfaction in this, nor can they. For it is only a vital relationship with Jesus, daily, walking and talking and communing and drawing closer that truly brings peace, the peace the world so desires but can never have outside of Jesus.

The notion that we can draw peace and beauty and holiness from only relying upon an abstract truth is a very subtle lie from the enemy of our souls who ever seeks to separate us from the vine. It is by abiding, and continuing to abide that we live and breathe and have our being. If your job is too much and drowns out the Lord because of the pressures of it, quit your job. If your children's activities take up so much of your time that you cannot fellowship with God or other believers, quit their activities. Whatever hinders your walk with the Lord, whatever hinders you from coming into His presence,make that hinderance go away and choose life, the abundant life that comes only through an intimate relationship with Jesus and that walked out every day. You will be a better mother or father for it, a better husband or wife for it.............bro Frank

2013/6/25 14:30
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
The notion that we are too busy or that the demands of life somehow drown out the vitality of our walk with Jesus is a very dangerous one and exactly represents the dangers of hyper grace to the walk of the saint with His Lord.

Yes they are on the same level as these guys:
Quote:
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Licentious and Legalism will have the same outcome.

I find it amusing that the people who post on here never ever complain about the dangers of legalism. Probably because its so much harder to spot.

Hyper-grace = Bad, Legalism = no comment!

2013/6/25 14:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
What do you mean 'obey him', obey him in what, are there specific commands that he has in general or are they personal things?

Zeke, I think you know this:

All those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God.

Is your relationship with God "general" or "personal"? If general, then you have not been born of the Spirit.

If you are led by the Spirit of God then His voice to you is personal.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

We follow Him because we hear His voice (His still small voice in our spirit).

We are to hearken to the voice of His words.

Job_34:16 If now thou hast understanding, hear this: hearken to the voice of my words.

Put another way, "If you love me, you will hearken unto my voice".

2013/6/25 15:27

Re:

Hi bro Zeke. It is helpful when quoting, if you name who you are quoting. In your last post you quoted me, then another quote of a Scripture I did not give, putting these two quotes together gives a false impression. As to the point of not addressing legalism, boy, you must have missed much on this forum. I would say that there has been thousands of occasions where legalism has been vigorously discussed..............bro Frank

2013/6/25 17:08
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
putting these two quotes together gives a false impression.Appolus

What impression is that?
Quote:
As to the point of not addressing legalism, boy, you must have missed much on this forum.Appolus

mmm...My feeling is is that its so subtle to so many that you wouldn't be able to address it even if you wanted to. Its actually worse than outright sinning, Legalists actually think they doing God a favour, and like to speak on his behalf.

2013/6/25 17:23Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
I think you know this:just-in

I know what I mean, its what the poster means by what they say is what I'm trying to establish.

Your post goes to show how subjective Obeying Jesus can be. Which is another point.

If its just a personal obedience then how then do we judge another mans relationship with God? Obviously its Fruit.

If there isn't fruit, do we then presume that that man is not in relationship with Jesus?

What I'm trying to do here is challenge some presuppositions that we may have towards Gods church.

Everything is not just as it seems, there is allot going on in the background of peoples lives that we know little about. There is also no 'one-size-fits-all' template when it comes to Jesus and how he deals with individuals.

There are some things in the church which are non-negotiable, what do you think they are?

2013/6/25 17:33Profile

Re:

Quote:
The notion that we can draw peace and beauty and holiness from only relying upon an abstract truth is a very subtle lie from the enemy of our souls who ever seeks to separate us from the vine. apollos

Do you really believe that what I personally shared earlier apollos is an abstract truth? Please don't feel any need to answer me. I have grown accustomed to being ignored and weary of the self placating flattery which is dressed up as spirituality. I tell you straight forwardly Frank it is offensive to keep using such a dry and seeming niceness to disguise what cannot be other than an insult to others. Speaking personally what I share on this site I do so for the sake of those who desire to comprehend such difficult questions, and not for my own sake. I especially do so in reference to personal realities in my own walk precisely to give some flesh to avoid so-called abstract truths. It just so happens that this truth was a most precious understanding I received by the hand of God and not a man, which caused me to lay down my life in complete gratitude of comprehending that the Father had given me a thief and a dog the ability to know that in Christ I had been given everything pertaining to eternal life. Not some abstract reality but the revelation of the Father.

It is one thing to have an opinion and even to be sincere in it. But I for one am not fooled by the substance of what is being said. Anymore than you were fooled when I said that some brethren prefer to beat their own back with a rod etc.

The things Zeke shared were measures of his personal life and reflected a state which is not in any way uncommon to many people. Explain how the direct responses to his post in any way edified him or encouraged him? They did not and thats a fact.

2013/6/25 17:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy