SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does God love the unrepentant sinner?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
rbanks

Re:

It is the goodness and love of God that leads man to repentance.

2013/6/25 0:32Profile
proudpapa

Re:

///So he had to love us before we repented.///

That is Savannahs point, and a good one.

I caught it after I posted.

2013/6/25 0:32Profile
proudpapa

Re:

///It is the goodness and love of God that leads man to repentance///

But if Finney where correct, that God does not have any love for the sinner, than how could it be said that the goodness and love of God leads the sinner to repentance.

It does appear as an inconsistency in Finneys logic.

2013/6/25 0:45Profile
savannah

Re: we us our = you/your/beloved/called/saints

Who are the we's,us's,and our's,in these verses?

we us our = you/your/beloved/called/saints

The answer to the question is given from John, the inspired author of the letter. Keeping in mind that it is in truth the the Holy Spirit's answer, Who is none other than God Himself.

1 John 1:4 And these things we write to you, that your joy may be full.

And again,the answer to the question is given from Paul, the inspired author of the letter. Keeping in mind that it is in truth the the Holy Spirit's answer, Who is none other than God Himself.

Romans 1:7 To all that are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you, and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2013/6/25 0:45Profile
proudpapa

Re:

rbanks wrote ///I agree with much of Finney's writings but if we are not careful we could misinterpret.
Jesus appeased the wrath of God by suffering in the sinners place.
The "us" in all those verses at one time were sinners who had not yet repented.///

I think I have to agree with you on this one rbanks, Well said.

2013/6/25 0:52Profile
rbanks

Re:

I use to read Finney's writings and was blessed but was always troubled by some of those inconsistency's.

I believe it was because of the time of his ministry and what he was dealing with concerning the church and so many were not truly converted.

He was stirred about so many that had excepted teachings without true repentance in their life.

I think sometimes he went a little overboard in trying to get true repentance in people.

2013/6/25 0:53Profile
rbanks

Re:

God Bless you proudpapa!

Have a good night!!

2013/6/25 0:56Profile
proudpapa

Re:

God Bless you rbanks!

Have a good night!!

2013/6/25 0:59Profile
proudpapa

Re:

savannah,

wrote //// we us our = you/your/beloved/called/saints////

not all of the called are chosen.
yet the calling or drawing is evidence of Gods Love.

2013/6/25 1:02Profile
proudpapa

The Inspired Scripture says : John 12:32

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw (all men) unto me.

The Inspired Scriptures teach, That Jesus did not die for all, but is drawing all, and commanding all to repent. (and those whosoever will repent, He died for)

His Infinite Wisdom before the foundation of the world which searcheth the reins and hearts,
Which foreknew who would respond to His draw (call) after He was lifted up.

By His determinate counsel, He foreknew What way each and every man,s heart would deviseth, So from this Infinite Wisdom the Lord directeth (He predestinated) each mans steps.

From the Foundation of the World, God is choosing a few, out of the many that, He is calling and commanding and drawing.

Acts 17:30 He commandeth (draw) (call) ALL MEN every where to repent.

This is Why The Bible says that He: Acts 17:26
"hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation"

SO that : v.27 "they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:"

The "everyone of us" is, every accountable aged person in this dispensation of time.

God is no longer winking at any of His offspring, They are all being drawn, called and commanded to repent!

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Jesus in Luke 17 v 21 says "...behold, the kingdom of God is within you." notice to whom He is spoke this to.

"Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?"

What a Loving Gracious God calling whoesoever will to come to Him!

2013/6/25 1:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy