SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Exodus International Goes Out of Business

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Exodus International Goes Out of Business

Exodus International, the thirty-seven-year-old ministry for those with same-sex attraction, is shutting down. Alan Chambers made his public apology on the Lisa Ling show of the Oprah Winfrey Network. The Exodus International website declares:

Irvine, Calif. (June 19, 2013) — Exodus International, the oldest and largest Christian ministry dealing with faith and homosexuality announced tonight that it’s closing its doors after three-plus decades of ministry. The Board of Directors reached a decision after a year of dialogue and prayer about the organization’s place in a changing culture.

“We’re not negating the ways God used Exodus to positively affect thousands of people, but a new generation of Christians is looking for change – and they want to be heard,” Tony Moore, Board member of Exodus. The message came less than a day after Exodus released a statement apologizing(www.exodusinternational.org/apology) to the gay community for years of undue judgment by the organization and the Christian Church as a whole.

Alan Chambers, president of Exodus International, continued: “From a Judeo-Christian perspective, gay, straight or otherwise, we’re all prodigal sons and daughters. Exodus International is the prodigal’s older brother, trying to impose its will on God’s promises, and make judgments on who’s worthy of His Kingdom. God is calling us to be the Father – to welcome everyone, to love unhindered.” (Source)

But the Scriptures instruct us specifically to make judgments on who’s worthy of God’s Kingdom. For example, Paul the Apostle, judged the matter of an unrepentant man in sexual sin within the Church at Corinth saying: “For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.” (1 Corinthians 5:3-5) Those who repent and receive the forgiveness of sins in Jesus Christ are worthy of the Kingdom. We are not to judge the world, but we are to judge those within the church. Paul continues, “I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.” (1 Corinthians 5:9-13).

read more: http://www.holybibleprophecy.org/2013/06/21/exodus-international-business/

2013/6/21 21:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy