Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Job's Questions

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DRS

Job's Questions

Job's Questions

"Then Job answered and said,
I know it is so of a truth: but how should man be just with God?
If he will contend with him, he cannot answer him one of a thousand." (Job 9:1-3)

I believe Job was asking the question as a result of the self-righteous argument presented by his friend Bildad.Job was saying,how can a man come justly before God and contend with Him,because he couldn't answer Him one time in a thousand.Then he goes on to say how wise and strong God is and all that He has done and all that He is doing in this creation and say's in verse 10

"Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number."(Job 9:10)

Then he say's in verse 14

"How much less shall I answer him, and choose out my words to reason with him?"(Job 9:14)

I believe he was saying,how can I answer Him,I don't have the words in my vocabulary.I don't know what to say.Then in verse 20

"If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse."(Job 9:20)

How could I stand before Him,as soon as I open my mouth,I would condemn myself.
then in verses 28-31

"I am afraid of all my sorrows, I know that thou wilt not hold me innocent.
If I be wicked, why then labour I in vain?
If I wash myself with snow water, and make my hands never so clean;
Yet shalt thou plunge me in the ditch, and mine own clothes shall abhor me."(Job 9:28-31)

I can do nothing to make myself righteous before Him.My righteousness is filthy rags.Then Job comes to the conclusion in verse 32.

"For He is not a man, as I am, that I should answer Him, and we should come together in judgment.(Job 9:32)

How could I come together with Him in a court?Then he makes the statement in verse 33.

"Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both."(Job 9:33)

A daysman or a mediator between us.Then in his frustration Job asks in verses 4 and 5 of chapter 10.

"Hast thou eyes of flesh? or seest thou as man seeth?
Are thy days as the days of man? are thy years as man's days"(Job 10:4-5)

He was saying,How can I in my unjust state with my own filthy righteousness come before God with all His greatness and righteousness and just how could I speak to Him in my words which would only condemn me,because He is not a man as I am,so how can I come before Him and present my case?I need a mediator.

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."(1 Timothy 2:5)

This was what Job was requesting.This answers Job's questions.Now we can come boldly before God,because Christ is our mediator.He is our righteousness.He is a man like us with flesh and eyes.His days was numbered on earth as He went to the cross and took our sins and died and was resurrected on the 3rd day and now He stands before God as our High Priest and mediator to intercede for us as we can be accused just like Job was accused by his friends.We are not condemned as we come before Him,and even if we can't come up with the words to say as we approach Him,He assures us in (Romans 8:26)

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

The questions that Job had caused him to look to God for answers.They have all been answered in Jesus Christ.He is the only way,the only truth,the only life.

2013/6/17 9:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy