SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Religion in England

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Taximan

Southampton, U.K.

Re:

Hi Delta!

I can share in your pessimism, believe me! If I hadn't seen the things I have mentioned with my own eyes, I would never have believed it. I know it might sound small to some, but I assure you that to me these steps are nothing less than miraculous!

I understand and respect your fervour to see a mighty revival in this nation, however I believe the Lord wants to see a mighty change in the hearts of His people before He allows that to happen.

It's sometimes easy to see all the lethargy surrounding you and feel like giving up, but you must remember who you are in Christ. You are no less than co-heir with Christ to all the riches of His Kingdom. By faith you have the right, indeed an obligation, to speak out the promises of the Bible with all the authority of Jesus Christ Himself. The Holy Spirit Himself resides within your heart, and empowers you every step of the way in seeing the desire of your heart realised.

Please don't think I am trying to teach you how to suck eggs, I am no teacher. However I encourage you to seek out two or three others with the same heart for Jesus that you have, and meet together faithfully. Seek the Lord for wisdom to reach out to the lost, and for the words to unblock their ears. Pray for opportunities ceaslessly to serve Him, by pouring out your life to those you meet from day to day. I guarantee that if you do these things, and praise Him through thick and thin, you have the power within you to change the heart of the city you live in for the glory of Jesus!

Don't give up my brother, just use every ounce of strength to press into Him, and remember that with God ....ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

God bless,

Taximan. :-)

2005/4/7 22:42Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Thankyou

2005/4/7 22:48Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

We need prayer in England!!!!

2005/4/13 22:44Profile

Re:

I've been offline for a while so have only just noticed this thread. I am from Manchester, England and haven't heard about pastors going into any of the stores here but i can find out more.
As for England i feel God is going to do a mighty work of revival here! My brother in-law is from Africa (Togo/Ghana) and my in-laws have a orphanage and church there and have spent most of there lives out there, yet when they come back to England they (and many others from Africa) have struggled for the first few weeks with the spiritual oppression here. Recently they felt led to stay and concentrate on this countries needs and have a new ministry called 'HeartsAblaze'. In history this country has been so busy in sending out missionaries (rightly so!) yet unaware of the fact we desperatly need labourors here.
I listened to a brother preach last week and the Lord really blessed me through that man! I really wish we could have recorded his sermon! But he spoke on how many (not everyone) christians will get on with their lives six days a week and see sunday as a day to be filled whereas those six days should be used as great opportunities to witness and spread the gospel and the service on sunday should be a day to praise and worship our God, coming together for fellowship and share what God has been doing.
I can really see God working in the church here. Theres definatly somthing happening. People are being prepared and i suppose thats where revival starts...in the individual.
I know for sure God is preparing my husband and i for ministry (with youth). our church here have just puchased a new building. In fact it was the building my friend and i were praying for over the past five years, praise God! My husband is organizing events for the youth here and we are working with the community police officer to organize football on the fields adjacent to the building. I am very, very, very excited to see what God WILL and IS doing here.
I am so glad this thread was started because it would be really good to share and see what God is doing in other parts of England, Europe, the world!

2005/4/14 4:42

Re:

Sorry, i feel i have to add the fact we have many other chuches coming together to pray for England (not exclusivly, but we do pray). If anyone from the UK particularly but again not exclusivly has any particular prayer need to advance revival here then let me know and we will lift it up in prayer in our prayer meetings.
It feels like your on your own in this sometimes because some people look at you when you get so excited for God and what He's doing that they think your crazy. I have no idea why. :-(
Thats why i wanted to add this reply to encourage and support others in prayer who may feel like me sometimes.

2005/4/14 4:53
AndrewBruce

Blythewood, SC

Re: Religion in England

I agree with many of the previous posts. Christianity is in dire straights in England. I have traveled there working with a church in Keswick for the past four summers and have lived there for one of those summers and I must say the first time I went I was shocked! Most people have never even set foot in a church. I met a 12 year old boy that refused to go to church with his mom b/c his friends at school thought that anyone who went to church was gay! As I traveled through small towns I saw how most of the remaining church buildings were either museums or car repair shops. Yes, that's what I said! They rip the pews out and bring the cars in the back and use the chapel as a garage! While I was in England one summer a law was passed in Scotland banning parents from spanking their children. Also one time I was there the divorce rate went over 50% in Wales, which was the last Country in the UK to do so. The average church that I saw had around 20 members and most of them would be over 50 years of age. England needs much prayer and support. Most Christian youth in England don't know any other Christian youth so I encourage us as Americans who don't know how good we have it right now (may we take heed lest we fall) to connect with an English Christian and encourage them and pray for them.

2005/4/15 12:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
As I traveled through small towns I saw how most of the remaining church buildings were either museums or car repair shops. Yes, that's what I said! They rip the pews out and bring the cars in the back and use the chapel as a garage!

Unfortunatly this is true! In Bolton there are a couple of churches converted, one into a antiques shop (now currently for sale), and one had plans to be converted to offices! There is also a old methodist church in my town that is now a pub! Im sure the list is endless!
Yet on the flip side the nightclub (also in Bolton) where my husband and i met (before i was saved) the church has bought and will use for outreach.

2005/4/15 14:08
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

In hemel and in canterbury there is no revival. If there was there would be clear evidence of it.
To say that the Uk is doing fine would be an understatement.
David Wilkenson when he came to the UK he said that churches have become cinemas and things like that and that the churches are backsliding.
Not unless a man of god like that is wrong but it is also the daily grind living and seeing the evil in this culture every single day. From music to other stuff?
I have to ask the question based on what you have heard from god and what you see in this culture, I
Keith Green says that when jeruslam had a revivial the whole city of a population of say 10,000 or more. I do not know the population but I know that saying something wrong to me is a starter for revival you cannot pray and expect a nation or even our town to change. If everything is allright. The problem is that i do not make things up? What is a revival and how do you define it?
In the last days it says that there will be a revival but it also says that the days will be dark that there are both extremes.
It also says it will be like the times of Noah and of Lot. In Noahs and Lots day the population was evil. Repentance is the only way to turn a nation around and I think I need to do alot of it!!
There have been time in this year when I cant handle any more evil stuff to happen and it is normally the time that you pray more that god shows you how he sees your country,not how other people see it.
It also says blessed are the pure in heart for they will see god.
In argintina the revival hit the whole town noone could move or go to the cinema and an angel came down.
I want something to happen but I want to repent and I know this country needs prayer. Because I live in it and I need to pray like Daniel, repent of my own sins which are vast and restore right relationships which I have probably broken and pray for the sins of the nation and be obedient to Yeshua Hamashia (jesus are messiah).
I had learnt along time ago that god is allowing the evil in this land to happen he could of wiped us out along time ago bu chose to keep us.
God wiped Israel out for sins that are barely insignificant to what we commit nowaydays.
The reason god shows us the evil in our land is so we can pray and cry for our country. The gays and other stuff believe me there is alot worse ahead and jesus is only showing us parts that we can handle. I want to see our nation changed and glad when I hear stories of revivals but what is one as I do not know. I have read about them!!

God Bless England

2005/4/15 17:58Profile

Re: REVIVAL in England!

At the moment yes this country is in a dire state spiritually. Yet i want to encourage my brothers and sisters who are praying and calling on the name of the Lord for this country.
Many people have been watering this land with their prayers, petitions, pleas and tears of repentance, more than we may know. And now i believe we can see the very tiny shoots coming from the seeds sown by our fathers generations ago. We may possibly see the fruit of our labours in our lifetime so don't dispair, something is beggining to happen if we only perservere in prayer and keep short accounts with God allowing Him to have His way in us in order that He can use us for what He has planned.

2005/4/16 3:58
Taximan

Southampton, U.K.

Re:

I have to agree with you Geraldine! I believe there is evidence all around that God is moving in this nation. Maybe not by traditional church attendance, magnificent buildings, or a number of other signals people seem to want to use. However, a growing desire by many of God's people to seek His Kingdom first, at the cost of denying themselves. This is where the revival starts...with a willingness to serve the King of kings at the cost of denying oneself! SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD....!!

As God's people we need to stop worrying and fretting things aren't right with the body and allow the Great Physician to heal us. We need to actively seek out the Kingdom of God in our own lives each day. Commit each day to Him, pray for opportunities to pour out His love from our own lives into those we meet, give our time and effort into serving the needs of our own brothers and sisters in Christ. After all didn't Christ Himself say that Christians shall be known by their love for one another?

We cannot make a revival happen, that is in the hands of God, and God alone. However, we can allow the Word of God to transform our minds to know His will and purpose for our lives. We can pray ceaselessy as we go about our daily lives, and do everything we do wholehearteldy and to the Glory of the Lord. We can wake up each day and make the choice to go ahead and do what we know God wants us to do as an individual. We can take a moment to thank and praise the Lord right where we are, even in the midst of all sorts of turmoil. These are the things that will prepare the way for revival. Let the revival start in your own heart, and go forth like a forest fire into the darkness, because this is the light that Jesus talks of us displaying.

I pray for revival in this nation till I ache, but each time I do, I feel the calling of the Spirit to first examine myself. To be honest enough to accept that God gave His only Son that I may live, not because I'm any great shakes, but because He loves me. And to find the strength in this revelation of truth to sling out everything in my life that is not of the Lord.

As Christians we need to stop looking at the sorry state of the Body in this world, and start asking the Spirit of the Lord what He has to say on the matter. Remember faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of the Lord, and we all know what God has said we can acheive with a mustard seed of that stuff!

Just as an aside, I would like to refer to the story of when Peter walked on the water with Jesus. Peter asked Jesus to call him, and as He called him to come, he actually walked on the water towards Him. It was only when Peter looked at the tossing waves in fear that he started to sink.

So as an Englishman I thank you for your prayers from the bottom of my heart. But as a Christian believer I cry out to each one of you to listen to the calling of the Holy Spirit on your life, and to single-mindedly follow that calling regardless of the cost. In this attitude you will find true revival wherever you lay your feet!

God bless,

John.

2005/4/17 14:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy