SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : EMERGENCY PLANS FOR CRISIS! by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 EMERGENCY PLANS FOR CRISIS! by David Wilkerson

No matter how unsettled the world becomes, God's people can relax and keep their joy flowing, because our Lord has promised special protection when it is most needed.

Didn't God have an emergency plan for the children of Israel during the worldwide famine? He sent Joseph ahead to Egypt and promoted him to prime minister. He filled the warehouses with enough grain to last out the raging famine and then transported his people within walking distance of those storehouses and fed them to the full.

Didn't God have emergency plans for Elijah? While his nation reeled under the impact of an economic collapse and food was scarce because of severe famine—and a wicked king had a ransom on his head—God put His emergency plan for Elijah into effect. He hid him by a quiet brook and fed him by having a bird deliver his food. The survival plan also included a mysterious barrel of grain that never ran out.

What about Noah? What a detailed survival plan God had for him and his family—an ark that floated him and his family safely above all the death and destruction of a worldwide flood!

And Lot? God actually sent angels to personally pull him and his children out of the doomed city of Sodom. God's hands were tied until Lot was safely out of the suburbs. It was more than a loss of his job, more than a collapse of the economy, more than a downfall of the government. It was total annihilation of his society—but Lot was delivered safely.

Paul proved God's emergency contingencies over and again. This apostle was shipwrecked, chased by thieves, imprisoned, accused of treason, plotted against by assassins and yet, in every crisis, God had a contingency plan for deliverance.

We, too, have an emergency plan for survival—designed specifically for each believer.

Let there be no question about it. God will see us through every crisis. No crisis Satan can throw against the children of God can bring them down. Not depression, not famine, not a job loss, not sickness or suffering of any kind. God will deliver His children and there is not one single reason to fear. “Take therefore no thought [do not be anxious] for the morrow” (Matthew 6:34).

2013/6/12 14:30Profile
romanchog

Re: EMERGENCY PLANS FOR CRISIS! by David Wilkerson

While I agree 100% with everything in this post, I felt led to add to this that even though God always meets our emergencies, that does not mean that He always takes us out of them. His way of meeting that emergency may not be what we expect.

It is the same Paul who was saved from so many things that also wrote:

To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and we are poorly clothed, and beaten, and homeless. . . We have been made as the filth of the world, the offscouring of all things until now 1 Cor 4:11,13

From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakednessbesides the other things… 2Cor 11:24-28

My point being that just because we are going through something that God could have delivered us from does not mean that the Lord has failed to meet our emergency. We must always trust that what the Lord has permitted in our lives has a good purpose because He is a good God. God's thoughts are not our thoughts, nor are His ways our ways. We must trust that they are GOOD and BETTER thoughts and ways than ours.

My children and I prayed full of faith and believing for the Lord to heal my husband. He chose not to do so. Even though I do not understand His purpose, I KNOW that it is a good purpose. It does not mean that He did not meet my emergency. It means that He wants to meet me IN my emergency, as painful as that may be.

2013/6/12 21:57Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: EMERGENCY PLANS FOR CRISIS! by David Wilkerson

I don't mean to rain on this either but I thought about this during the those horrible tornado's that OK and MS. It wouldn't have done anyone any good to have a room full of saved water and food if they were just going to get blown away. Sorry, just saying.

God bless,
Lisa

2013/6/12 23:02Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy