SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Concern Over J. Osteen Ministry

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I like Joel he’s a happy guy:

You are seeing the outside, he could be crying on the inside that maybe he feels that God might have had other plans for him but he went with tradition as most Pastors sons do, and until there is a Five Fold move within the Church today, tradition will probably always supersede Gods will for all the Pastors family, and I personally feel that represents a part of the unchurched move today.

2005/3/16 9:25Profile
Compton

Re: inside

Quote:
You are seeing the outside...

Didn't you hear? When you are a Super-Christian you are endowed with X-ray vision to see the dross in your brothers heart. ;-)

MC

2005/3/17 12:34Profile

Re:

Joel Osteen, (pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas, where Joel's wife is co-pastor... hmmm, thats not very scriptural) recently packed out the Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina, and he did it with a positive message.

A local news reporter enthused, [i]"Osteen doesn't rail against gays or thump a Bible, like so many others do"[/i] ("Evangelist: [b]Don't Worry, Be Happy![/b]" The Charlotte Observer, March 8, p. E1).

Osteen's message was, [i]"Make a decision before you leave this place, you're going to get happy where you are."[/i]

This is a direct fulfillment of [b]2 Timothy 4:3-4[/b]: "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears, and they shall turn away their ears from the truth and shall be turned unto fables."

Beware of ear tickling preachers who are willing to give an apostate generation a soft, new kind of Christianity.

Krispy

2005/3/18 6:45
mloaks

So. MD, USA

nuts

Concur; Krispy has flavah...

I am native of Dayton, O., but decades on the left coast beat most of it outta me.

2005/3/18 9:23Profile

Re: nuts

Quote:
Krispy has flavah...

I believe you have me confused with Krispy Kremes! :-P

Krispy

2005/3/18 9:53
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Beware of ear tickling preachers who are willing to give an apostate generation a soft, new kind of Christianity.

What does the word say about those sword pullers? :-P
iron sharpens iron!

Will not try and de-rail anyones mission, but I will stick with the scripture below of course we have had this conversation before and I can appreciate you mission but let the glory be Gods.

Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Is there any good Pastors out there? maybe we could start a Good Pastors thread it just might be the shortest thread ever posted here. :-P

2005/3/18 11:18Profile

Re:

Quote:
Is there any good Pastors out there? maybe we could start a Good Pastors thread it just might be the shortest thread ever posted here.

Actually Bill... there is a long list of really great preachers on this very site. It's over in the MP3 section. Check it out!

Krispy

2005/3/18 12:18
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Actually Bill... there is a long list of really great preachers on this very site. It's over in the MP3 section. Check it out!

Now would that be an opinion or fact! :-)

2005/3/18 12:23Profile

Re:

Quote:
Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

There is a plaque at the Gettysburg National Cemetary in PA that was placed by the Veterans of Foreign Wars, and it says:

[b]"We pray for peace, but peace only through honor."[/b]

The writer of Romans did say "[i]Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace...[/i]" But he also warned of false teachers, named them by name and condemned that heretical teachings.

He also wrote "[i]...and things wherewith one may edify another.[/i]" I truly believe that if I warn someone of a false teacher, and they reject that teaching and follow after God... I [b]edified[/b] that person.

But none of that matters to most believers... we're all too busy trying to be politically correct.

Not so with me... I will "contend earnestly for the faith once delivered".

Krispy

2005/3/18 12:26
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

KrispyKrittr, I just like messing with you and I think you know that but hey we Christians can be humorous can't we? A Merry heart is good for the soul. :-?

2005/3/18 12:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy