SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Move of God happening in South Wales!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-LdI2d5Y-k

During April I was driving from Cornwall to the north east of England and decided to take a slightly different route than the usual one. This was because my usual route is sometimes partially closed over night for repairs. As I neared the Welsh border I recall seeing a sign for Cwmbran (Newport) and then a little later on I saw a sign telling me that I was just a few miles from the welsh border. I was a little surprised and had the thought that I would go into Wales and visit Cardiff (South Wales) where I used to live many years ago. It was an unusual 15 mins of driving as I wrestled with this thought trying to rationalise why I would want to drive down into South Wales. The time was also spent praising the Lord and this too had me wondering. In the end I didn't go because I just couldn't comprehend why I would or should go. Nostalgia is not my strong suite.

Any way I have spent most of today researching the town of Cwmbran as well as all of the leadership team at the church at the centre of this move of God. As well I have researched all of the trustees of the supporting ministries of the church and especially the pastor Richard. What I have found has been a real blessing. Richard appears to be a very level headed and sound. His back ground is that of having been saved when he was 18 years of age in a young offenders institute. Richard attended Elim Bible College and pastored in various positions of increasing responsibility from that time of achieving his degree. 3 years ago approximately he began this church and has built up a team of men and women from scratch some of whom have a background of having been saved whilst dependant on heroine and other drugs. The whole church is very much orientated to works of compassion and helps for those who are most vulnerable in society. At the same time they have not neglected others.

I believe there is an aspect here which does need prayer and hence this post. The reports from the present outpouring include reference to a senior member of the IHOP movement attending as well as Catholic Charismatics coming along to the meetings. This ought not to surprise anyone and ought not to be held in contempt in my view. I share this simple because, whilst the Holy Spirit works sovereignly and will bless and strengthen whosoever He is pleased to bless and strengthen, Richard himself needs to be kept in our prayers. We need to ask the Lord to give him wisdom. He is clearly a man of some merit and I cannot see him being led away by foolishness. Nevertheless there are bound to be opportunities for the evil one to try and infest these meetings and those who attend if only by way of stimulating a few saints to impersonate, yet whilst believing that they are serving the Lord. The strong social dynamic of the church from its beginning means that it will be vulnerable to those who preach a social gospel. I hope this is received in wisdom.

The above video shows just how broad the invitation is to the saints and the fact that IHOP and Catholic Charismatic believers have come along has not been seen as an issue. Nor could it be if we ourselves are trusting the Lord and want to see His name glorified amongst men. I have also seen reports on the Prophetic Witness Movement web site here in the UK who have a branch just a few miles from this church. I feel sure that we all understand that the Holy Spirit is sovereign. He is the Lord. Yet we must pray with wisdom submitting to Him in our hearts, especially that He will keep these men and women who are at the centre of this little church free from unreasonable influences, as no doubt many many saints and sinners will be praying with their own agendas.

If it pleases the Lord I have a mind to go to cwmbran this week for a few days. It will be a blessed journey if my last fleeting visit to that border is a measure of what is happening. Please pray for me that my attitude will be right and that the Lord's will be done.

2013/5/19 19:24
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Move of God happening in South Wales!

I know of someone who visited this church in South Wales about a week ago.

What's written here is on track with what I've heard.

Haven't been to visit yet, but just might.

God bless.

2013/5/20 2:04Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Other comments being said....

Welsh Outpouring! Written by Pastor on May 9, 2013

Truth be told the move of God in Cwmbran right now is easily traced back to Rodney Howard Browne. The anointing went from Rodney to Randy Clark to Toronto Airport Christian Fellowship. We received the anointing from Christchurch in Cwmbran some eight years ago when they were hosting a speaker whose life had been transformed after he visited TACF. Everything then broke out with us in Two Locks Church. Then half a dozen of our anointed people started attending Victory Church in Cwmbran and now Victory Church are enjoying the same Holy Ghost visitation as well. The truth is God is behind it all and we praise Him and bless Him and together give Him all the glory. Ever since Acts two the anointing has been past from one person to another and from one generation to another. LORD, we ask you for souls, more LORD.

http://twolocks.com/blog/

--------------------------------------

I went to Victory Church in the beginning in Jan 2010 with my family back in a very cold church in Pontypool, later in the Leisure Centre and finally in the Warehouse in Cwmbran and it was wonderful to be part of. I have a lot of time for Richard as a preacher and the work of Victory Outreach however in July 2011 we withdrew from this church with Richards blessing, many others left at the same time.

---------------------------------------

Still feeling considerably distressed and discomfited in spirit about this supposed "outpouring", I asked the Lord why this should be. He said, "Because it is not of Me. This is of the enemy, to cause division and disunity."
Sadly, I have seen it before, with Toronto, etc. The effects are both detrimental and damaging. As a victim, I know only too well. I am still picking up the pieces of lives blown apart.

Our Lord warned of greater deceptions to come in the Last Days and this is one of them. It needs those He has appointed as watchmen to sound the alarm. I am certainly going to!

---------------------------------------------

Can I please add my concern at the events taking place in Cwmbran. The "sermons" are very short, the Word of God is hardly used, it is all about emotions, feelings, impartations, the laying on of hands, and the stress is put heavily on healings and miracles!

----------------------------

I do not think this is the work of the real Holy Spirit, but rather a false spirit which always seems to start the other side of the Atlantic in America, then catch on over here as British pastors and leaders from similar Pentecostal organisations take up the reigns

http://www.ziontalywain.blogspot.com.es/2013/05/more-negative-feedback-over-welsh.html

2013/5/20 12:52Profile

Re:

Brother Colin I agree with your discernment. It is not of God. Holiness has not been mentioned as far as I can see.

2013/5/20 13:07
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Brenda none of those comments are mine they are all from people from South Wales...

Edit:- spelling

2013/5/20 14:15Profile

Re:

I have asked my cousin, who lives about 60 miles from this church, if he would mind attending and report back. I will let everyone know what he says when he gets back to me.........bro Frank

2013/5/20 14:19
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

God is working and even despite men in most cases is bringing people to Himself.

I personally do not like the showmanship of healings read off like a list. Neither do I like the emphasis of falling under (backward) in the Spirit or shaking.

I do not like people yelling "Fire" and praying for people to fall. But despite these things they are still preaching a clear Gospel message of the cross and blood of Christ. I do not believe you can compare this to todd bentley meetings in anyway. But it does have a sense in the terminology and style of those type of meetings or ones of Nathan Morris in the USA.

Either way it is clear there have been over 100 conversions and it seems the Lord is working, we praise Him for this.

2013/5/20 14:36Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

The Word of God exhorts us to "prove all things and to hold fast to that which is good."

In every true move of God, you are going to find the enemy attempting to counterfeit the work. Where there is true fire, there will also be wild fire. Where there are true manifestations of the Holy Spirit, there will also be the false. This is the way that is has always been going back to the Great Awakening, where some of the most notable preachers came against the work, because they could not discern what God was doing, only the excesses.

It is too early to judge yet, and many are doing that. Having heard the young pastor speak, it seems to be that he has a heart for souls. There are many people getting saved and healed, and the presence of God is being testified to in the meetings.

There are some right here on this forum that would count any supernatural manifestation as coming from the devil. So you are just as guilty of unrighteous judgement as those that have no discernment at all between the true and the counterfeit.

Any true move of God will revive the Church. Saints who were cold and indifferent will become hot and on fire for God. Any true move of God will lift up Jesus, and not any man, denomination or organization. Any true move of God will cause bacsliders to come home, and the saints will be convicted of living a superficial life. Jesus is the center and focus of a true move of God, and He is glorified through the work of the Holy Spirit.

Mike

2013/5/20 14:39Profile

Re:

Bro Mike writes........

"Any true move of God will revive the Church. Saints who were cold and indifferent will become hot and on fire for God. Any true move of God will lift up Jesus, and not any man, denomination or organization. Any true move of God will cause bacsliders to come home, and the saints will be convicted of living a superficial life. Jesus is the center and focus of a true move of God, and He is glorified through the work of the Holy Spirit."

Indeed and amen!!! ...........bro Frank

2013/5/20 14:43
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Any true move of God will revive the Church. Saints who were cold and indifferent will become hot and on fire for God. Any true move of God will lift up Jesus, and not any man, denomination or organization. Any true move of God will cause bacsliders to come home, and the saints will be convicted of living a superficial life. Jesus is the center and focus of a true move of God, and He is glorified through the work of the Holy Spirit.

Amen brother.

The major burden and problem I had was the naming of it as outpouring and calling it revival when it still is organized meetings in many ways. But either way the Lord will work and use these things. We praise God for the reality of what is happening that Jesus Christ is being glorified. If I was in Wales I would visit to just sit there and be blessed by the Lord's presence at work.

2013/5/20 15:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy