SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Move of God happening in South Wales!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Brother Heydave, thanks for your encouragement. I was starting to feel a bit ostracized and discouraged here.

I can sort of sympathize with some brethren who fall prey to these kinds of things because I've been there myself. During that time if you even started to question certain things you were warned, "Touch NOT God's anointed or else." And of course, who in their right mind would want to speak against a person or work that God is really behind.

Thankfully, God used men like Hank Haanagraph and John MacArthur to open my eyes to the serious deception within Charismania. Granted, I may not agree with MacArthur and Hank on many secondary theological subjects, but I really appreciate their faithful and bold exposure of the serious error in the counterfeit revivals of this day and age.

Like you stated so well, much of the defense for this kind of thing is based on feelings and not truth.

In the end, I do realize I need to be careful not to be quick to condemn any sincere believers who fall prey to these kinds of influences. I guess a certain level of patience is a virtue in this type of situation.

2013/5/25 16:28Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Why didn’t you say that he was there earlier?

Quote: Lou Engle held a prayer and fast from 1st March through to the 9th April 2013. The express aim of this fast and prayer was in hope of revival. The outpouring in Wales stared on the 10th April the day after this fast ended.

Just a coincidence…….No

Quote: I was told that the intercession had been curbed in the main hall because of concerns over who might be entering into prayer….

Strange because Lou Engle took an intercession team with him………..was all intersession stopped so that they were the only ones praying?

2013/5/25 17:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
Why didn’t you say that he was there earlier?

Quote: Lou Engle held a prayer and fast from 1st March through to the 9th April 2013. The express aim of this fast and prayer was in hope of revival. The outpouring in Wales started on the 10th April the day after this fast ended.

Just a coincidence…….No

Quote: I was told that the intercession had been curbed in the main hall because of concerns over who might be entering into prayer….

Strange because Lou Engle took an intercession team with him………..was all intersession stopped so that they were the only ones praying? Murrcoir

Last week I attended the wednesday meeting from 21:00 Hrs until 22:00 Hrs BST approximately. At that time the meeting was already well underway and it was largely a time of worship and ministry. The Thursday meeting started at 19:00 Hrs BST and I left at 22:30 Hrs BST. At the beginning of this Thursday meeting it was stated that there were a number of brethren in the meeting from California. Because I was taken to sit with the pastors at the very front row by the sister who had been with me most of the day, I stood next to at least one of the sisters from the USA throughout the meeting. No one had any part in directing that meeting other than three of the four pastors and the worship leader. The brethren from the USA played no part whatsoever. The only time I heard from the sister next to me, from this team from the USA, was when she made verbal encouragements of agreement with the preacher. I discerned nothing about her whatsoever.

Until I read the name of Lou Engle here on SI today, I don't believe I have heard the name before. Neither was their presence mentioned to me or advertised in a public way other than in the terms I have stated. Moreover the comments about them on the web site were posted well after this outpouring began. In short without having a deep reason to know all of this it is unlikely that one would have known. The fact that there is a connection between Victory Church and Lou Engle does not surprise me and may amount to no more than a positive assertion of identification given the fact that this outpouring started the very next day after the fast ended. Further, the article I posted from CharismaMagazine on line site was written and posted long before the start of the outpouring as well. Further, the fast itself was and still is advertised as a fast for the USA in particular, although it does include the world. This is stated on their website as reflecting a desire to see all the tribes of the world evangelised so as to hasten the day of the Lord' return.

Lastly, my question regarding intercession for the work was based on an observation that all of the pastors seemed to be round and about, even answering the phones and doing mundane tasks throughout the morning whilst I was sharing with the sister who is the General Manager of the Victory Outreach UK charity. It was informed by the thought that I was surprised at the everydayness of events. This sister explained to me that when this outpouring began and for several weeks no other work was done because everyone was focused on what had happened and could not think of other work. In the end it was decided that they could not neglect the mundane things and felt a need to discipline themselves to do those things as well. To which I asked the question. Who is undertaking the intercession for this work. I was told that the pastors met several times a day and prayed together for this purpose. The sister then advised me, perhaps because she thought I was seeking to be involved, that there had been a number of people who had turned up and were allowed to interceded in the main hall. She did not explain the details but told me that this had led to a concern about the possible content of some brethren and therefore the practise of open intercession in the main hall was stopped.

Whether that means that Lou and his so-called team of intercessors undertook this task or not I have no knowledge. Again this as with everything has to be a matter of discernment in the first place and knowledge and fact in the second and third. Even then knowledge and fact are subjective to an individuals understanding, so that in the end discernment alone will stand the test of certainty. Let me say something plainly for the sake of reason. If I wanted to I could make a very good case for saying that there are reasons to be concerned. Yet my concern is not with a man called Richard Taylor. It is with other men seeking to influence him. I have read some of Tommy Tenney's teachings and can see why there is concern. I also understand the occult very well and am in no way inclined to believing that which stands in contradiction to the scriptures. However, it is often nearly impossible to pin point precisely why a particular man needs to be understood in the present time as well as the past. The following link presents a good understanding of Tommy Tenney and why there is concern with his personal understanding of what constitutes closeness to the Father. http://www.equip.org/PDF/DT252.pdf

Having looked at Richard Taylor's personal life story and the events leading up to his conversion…….to his first pastoral work at Tipton in the west Midlands through to his taking over the Victory Outreach UK ministry, and then the start of the Victory Church in Cwmbran, including many details easily missed, I can see why he would be vulnerable to a man such a Tommy Tenney. My concern in all of this is in that context and I will press the matter until I have the answer or else am openly rejected having stated what needs to be stated. Until then I have no intentions of making judgements which amount to rejecting the clear testimony of at least 100 men and women who have given their hearts to the Lord. Not to mention some very genuine miracles which have been verified by reasonable means. I happen to know the first church which Richard pastored and have the advantage of many family members living within that specific area. I also was saved in prison precisely in the context of first knowing the Father, only after which did I know Christ. So Mr Tenney can have his book I have the real thing. Moreover I will use what the Father gave me when He was pleased to save me in the manner He did, to finger this man and the situation for the sake of another man who has a sincere heart for the lost and a driving passion. His name is Richard Taylor. He needs our prayers and that is the sum of it.

2013/5/25 18:56
pilgrim777

Re:

We have to remember that God does not have relationships with movements, or groups, or denominations, He has relationships with individuals and He is adding "living stones" continuously to His House (the Body of Christ). He finds these "lively stones" everywhere. For those with ears to hear, He is calling them out of the world and unto Himself.

2013/5/25 22:19Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

" that music - God help anyone elderly or sick like me who cannot take so much noise. Meetings should be accessible to anyone. They are certainly not to anyone with neurological problems and sensitive to so much noise."

Bear, noise like this is really irritating to some - it drives some people about crazy. It is akin to taking your fingernails across a blackboard. Maybe if you are hard of hearing you cannot hear it. But God created sound and nothing in his creation mimics these sounds that one hears produced by some "Christians". Sound should be pleasant - just go outside and listen to nature - the birds, the animals, water - beautiful! Can man not take lessons from them? These creatures make the sound God made them to do.

I do not know if this revival is from God but I do know if the sounds produced are hard on the physical body that some will not be attracted but will be repulsed by it.

God bless.

2013/5/27 8:22Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

I was at a church today in my city - one of the pastors that was there in the welsh outpouring has moved here. So we had a good discussion about different things.

One of the things I found out was that the senior pastor Richard Taylor of this welsh outpouring fell into deep and moral sin...

Such a shame - that God's name that was held up so high is once again trashed.

Help us Jesus - to be a holy people.

edit:- to add welsh outpouring so there was no confusion about what i was writing about.

2014/11/30 10:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Unfortunately this is true.

http://thejonahreport.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/richard-taylor-steps-down-as-pastor-of-victory-church-after-a-moral-failure/

2014/11/30 16:22Profile
Jeremy221

Re: background about Jonah

This is Alex Jonah of the Jonah Report blog's first post. It refers to how the Lord used Victory Church's recovery program to set him free of a lifestyle of alcohol, drugs, casual sex and petty crimes. I too am grieved by what has happened with the pastor who has fallen but fear that we can get distracted from the work the Lord done among them. God is the one who saves.

I post this for your consideration.

http://thejonahreport.wordpress.com/2014/06/14/jesus-delivered-me-from-alcohol-addiction-depression-and-crime-a-prodigal-son-returns/

2014/12/1 0:22Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: We have been warned

Back in the mid-80's I was involved with a church in a small Wisconsin town that revolved around the powerful teaching of a young Lutheran pastor who had been shown the door by his denomination when he was baptized in the Spirit. In a very short time the church exploded to several hundred, an amazing number in this very small town.

Didn't last. Same old story, the man of God led away through lusts whose power he had severely underestimated.

But in it all, many came to Christ, many were filled with the Spirit, many continue to this day. I have friends in Christ who I would otherwise never known. The battle for the kingdom goes on and on.

Paul makes that heartfelt statement to the Corinthians, "I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest after preaching to others I might be disqualified."

Such a shame, to lead others to salvation and the good things of God- then like a dog returning to vomit seek fleshly fulfillment in the traps of the world.

But even Paul knew how real that all was, and took pains to avoid it.

2014/12/1 11:38Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Distracted - that an understatement.

I would say he had never allowed the Holy Spirit in to do deal with that area of his life - I hope he allows the Spirit to work from here on and I hope none of the people recovering from all there different ailments don't fall away through discouragement.

2014/12/1 11:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy