SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Book by SI Moderator: Designs of Darkness: Advanced Tactics of Spiritual Warfare by Paul West

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 New Book by SI Moderator: Designs of Darkness: Advanced Tactics of Spiritual Warfare by Paul West

Saints,

Christians who are weary of defeat and heavy-laden with sin’s mastery will find in this publication the solution to their many heartaches and the key to unlocking their long-awaited freedoms in Christ. The author exposes the traps the powers of darkness use to create strongholds in the minds of believers, and then the remedy for overcoming them through the New Covenant grace of Jesus Christ.

Designs of Darkness: Advanced Tactics of Spiritual Warfare

paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Designs-Darkness-Advanced-Tactics-Spiritual/dp/1482013525/ref=la_B007V5ELPC_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368456665&sr=1-2

kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Designs-of-Darkness-ebook/dp/B00CPM9DH2/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1368456665&sr=1-2

'I just downloaded the kindle version. These writings and fully recommended to saints on SI to encourage us in our daily spiritual warfare as we are in the flesh and the world and the enemy our devil is very active against those who are "on the pilgrim way."' - brother Greg

2013/5/13 11:27Profile
Giggles

Re: New Book by SI Moderator: Designs of Darkness: Advanced Tactics of Spiritual War

I look forward to reading it. I’ve always benefitted from the wisdom God has placed in Brother Paul.

2013/5/13 20:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I was able to download this to kindle and start reading it. What a blessing it was last night to me. I highly recommend it to the saints here.

2013/5/14 9:02Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Dear brother, thank you so much for promoting the book here, as you did last year with "Understanding Mortification". May God use this work to deeply bless His Son's virgin bride. All glory and honor to Him alone. I pray many saints here will avail themselves to this teaching to learn how to deal with the powers of darkness.

2013/5/14 19:23Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Thanks for sharing this bro. Greg. I look forward to getting this new book as well.

2013/5/15 4:36Profile

Re:

Thanks for sharing it and indeed it is a timely book as it is clear Satan is wrecking havoc in the U.S., let us not be ignorant of the schemes of Satan. I look forward to reading it as well. KM

2013/5/15 11:20
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I would humbly ask all those who get a copy of either the kindle edition or paperback to consider leaving a comment on the Amazon review page. I recently received a note from an old unconverted friend of mine in New York, whom I knew about 25 years ago, who told me he found my "Understanding Mortification" book and was curious to check it out. He told me because of all the positive and encouraging the comments he decided to read the book. It was because of the reviews! Leaving comments is very, very important. It emboldens others who may not be interested to take a chance and see what all the praise is about. I pray the Lord will begin to do a work in him!

I thank you all so much. I love this family of saints in the light here on SermonIndex and it is both an honor and privilege to serve the Body of Christ in this capacity.

May the Lord continue to bless this website.

Brother Paul

2013/5/16 19:26Profile

Re:

I downloaded this book onto my Kindle and read it yesterday and can only say - phew! How exhausting! Much better than working hard in trying to control the flesh, is to be a new man, and believe that the old man is dead and it is through faith that we are kept from sinful thoughts which cannot arise from a pure heart and not from a constant state of alertness. Then we have peace and joy. Its not let go and let God, as there is a watchfulness but it is not against sin, because Christ keeps us from falling into sin (Jude 23) but against the action of the flesh arising, that is, the natural human instict which is not sin but must be kept under the control of the Holy Spirit.

We are not just lying in a casket, but alive and dwelling in the heavenlies with Christ, and if we really do share in the divine nature (and have REALLY been crucified with Christ) then we will find that walking in holiness comes as easily as speaking our native language. Then we are free indeed.

Sorry Paul but your way is fleshy. The battle shows that the flesh has not been dealt with in a Biblical manner.

2013/5/18 3:53
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Much better than working hard in trying to control the flesh, is to be a new man, and believe that the old man is dead and it is through faith that we are kept from sinful thoughts which cannot arise from a pure heart and not from a constant state of alertness.

Brenda, in all my books I teach what I see clearly in scripture: the lusts of the flesh are suppressed by walking in the spirit. Instead of sins being able to "rise" intrinsically from "within" the new heart, I see the new heart instead as being indwelt by the inner man and in need of daily guardianship, rejuvenation and strengthening. Which explains Christ's instruction to us in the taking up of the cross of self-denial, and in Paul's exhortation to put on the armor of God for spiritual defense and to bring each thought into captivity to prevent strongholds. These are not effectuated by "working hard" as you claim I teach, but rather through the peace of surrender. This act of surrender, I suppose, is the altertness you seem to think is so fleshy. But this "altertness" is all throughout New Testament scripture. If "entire sanctification" existed to where this kind of altertness were no longer necessary, the Holy Spirit would have mentioned it and Paul would have written of it. But instead we see the exact opposite: the further we progress in the Pauline letters, the more wretched he comes to see himself, the deeper the admission of not yet having attained (though always pressing forward), the more weak and in need of grace. In the end he could verily tell Timothy he fought the "good fight" of faith.

Quote:
Then we have peace and joy

Yes, and even more than this! We are able to overcome all things through this blessed rest, as Christ makes us more than conquerors through His own life! Bad moods, impatience, depression, anger, unforgiveness, criticism, negativism, religious contention, sexual lust, malice, grudges, the love of money, revenge, fear of the future, anxiety -- total victory over all these is God's will for us each and every day through the New Covenant. By the grace of God, I have witnessed the victory of this life for over two years now, and know that what Paul speaks of is real. This is what I teach in my books, and as you saw if you downloaded the kindle, I give hundreds and hundreds of scriptures to reference and corroborate this truth. It is simply entering into the grace of the New Covenant, through faith. It is the taking on of the form of a servant, becoming of no reputation, and humbling oneself unto the death of the cross so the Resurrected Life of Christ can be exalted through you. When this happens the Holy Spirit will begin to flow through you to water other believers and set captives free and not just be a theory to debate in an internet forum. Anyone can have this life if certain precautions are made, for God is no respecter of persons.

Quote:
We are not just lying in a casket, but alive and dwelling in the heavenlies with Christ, and if we really do share in the divine nature (and have REALLY been crucified with Christ) then we will find that walking in holiness comes as easily as speaking our native language. Then we are free indeed.

Totally agree. Where have I ever taught otherwise?

Sister, I will not turn this into a debate and grieve the Holy Spirit. I am sorry you did not find the work edifying. But I felt I should answer some of your points lest a weaker believer read them and be swayed from perusing the book's contents.

Brother Paul

2013/5/18 8:32Profile

Re: PaulWest

Brother

I did not post in order to start a debate. I was responding to your request for feedback about your latest book, and was not aware that you only wished for agreement. Perhaps you should make that clear but be warned of the danger of pride.

As far as protecting weak believers from my doctrine, I find this rather confusing as the following writers books and sermons, here on this site, are all in agreement with me and the doctrine of the eradication of sin :

Duncan Campbell
Andrew Murray
Watchman Nee
J Edwards
John Wesley
George Fox
Samuel Brengle
Adam Clarke
William Penn
Madame Guyon
Charles Finney
Robert Barclay

If any of these brethren were alive today, they would make the same comment on your book, being as it is of the gradual sanctification theory you espouse. George Fox in particular, preached sinless perfection, though the others were somewhat reticent to use the term.

Regarding Paul`s letter to the Philippians, he was not speaking of entire sanctification, he was speaking of being conformed to the death of Christ through his martyrdom and goes on in verse 15 to speak to the others who had also reached perfection, to be like minded. One must not take individual verses out of context just beacuse they agree with ones theology.

Once upon a time I agreed with your theology but eventually nearly lost my faith due to the sense of failure it eventually brings bout but thank God found the writers I have quoted. Perhaps one day you may find the same.

blessings
Brenda

2013/5/18 11:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy