SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : For those seeking entire sanctification.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Brenda –

I am planning to fast. I don’t attend church and the only contact I have with Christians is on sermon index so no influences there..

I’m not opposed to talking in tongues , before I started attending a church building or was in contact with other Christians, God did something powerful in my live when I said a simple prayer, God I am fed up being this way change me.. As I lay down on my bed a wind left my body, then a wind start to blow back into me, once it stopped I sat up and spoke a new language was, once I stopped speaking I ask the question what was that and the answer that came to my mind was tongues.

My life has not been the same since that day.

Also to give you some back ground on the day that I decided to stop attending the church because of what I saw, God gave me a word, “You’ll be like Job” not what I wanted to hear but that’s what was said..

A few years later on a rig off West Africa with blisters appearing on my body, I remembered the word from heaven “You’ll be like Job”. So I decided to Fast and Pray, afterwards was when God broke through and made me aware of the sin that remained in me and through both Duncan Campbell’s testimony and Patricia Knoles book he made me aware of that he can set me from the sin that remains…

Since them my seeking has been more of a scriptures, testimonies and books rather than seeking the blessing itself…

2013/5/14 10:28Profile
a-servant

Re:

Before we ask for a blessing - the basic question we have to ask ourselves is: Are we tired of all of our sins yet?

Or are we still comparing ourselves to others and conclude that we're not as bad as "that other guy?" - That would be a case of ignoring that it's still God that sets the standard of holiness. Let me quote someone on this:

Quote by Jeri Woods: "The church has LOST how to awaken sinner to their sin. we have no preachers who can 'awake people to their sin' from Gods point of view. Our preacher won't allow a sinner to feel the guilt of his sin for even a millisecond. The attitude is 'why should they feel guilty when they will just be forgiven anyway. Or they erroneously think the sinner feel guilty enough about their sin so I don't need to heap it on anymore. Theses both are false perceptions. A sinner mainly thinks their sin is not that egregious and that they are not as bad as that other person-alway pointing the finger at the person who has done worse. The church is suppose 'stop' the sinner in their tracks and get them to stop comparing themselves to others and get them to compare themselves to the law of God."

That's the exact reason why the law of God isn't preached anymore. We do not believe anymore that God has set a standard, so we develop our own. Our standard is now 'self'. And that's why the sin question is always viewed from that point of view we personally allow ourselves at the time, based on the current acknowledgment of our own sins. Think about how ridiculous that point of view really is, it's impossible to move from there.

Neither do we call a specific sin a sin anymore and allow ourselves to "feel the guilt of this sin for even a millisecond" - we might see a few doctrinal points differently than Jeri Woods but that downloadable book made me sick about my own sins:

Kingdom Transfer
http://www.holylivingnow.com/resources

we might not even realize what our sins are - it's not just the obvious things

2013/5/15 0:03Profile
JoshG

Re:

For anyone interested in audio sermons on the topic of entire sanctification, second blessing, spirit filled, etc. try listening to James A Stewart, Duncan Campbell, Ernest O'Neill, Bill McLeod, Duncan Campbell, Zac Poonen, Alan Redpath, Hans R. Waldvogel, and Paris Reidhead on Sermonindex...

2013/5/15 1:31Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What we need is to be delivered unto the Gospel that Paul was chosen by Jesus Christ to give to usward, Paul calls it the mystery given to him for, "youward".

Paul I the only man in the bible that Jesus Christ gave this gospel to, that is the mystery, "Christ in you". Paul is the only man that Jesus gave the working of the human being when it comes the living in Christ by the Christ living in us.

This is a little long but it gives the most complete character of Christ in the believer and how it pertains to salvation, wisdom, sanctification, righteousness and justification for the believer.

http://christ-life.org/gospelofdeliverance_files/myjukebox.html

Let me know what you think. To me it gives the closest understanding of how the human being operates under Gods plan chosen for us to be in Christ before the foundation of the world and why the Lamb had to be slain for that time also and those that would be in this plan of redemption of God's creation.

In Christ: Phillip

2013/5/22 2:20Profile
davidc

France

Re:

Beloved brother Phillip

Thank you for this link. I've listened to the firsy two messages and love his simplicity in expounding the scriptures. It has encouraged me in my walk in Christ. I Especially like what he says in the first CD about us being created to receive perfectly Christ's life; and in the second CD, about us being God's offspring and that He as our Father takes full responsibility for us.

It's all His Grace. Looking forward to the last two CDs tomorrow night.

In Him

David

2013/5/22 18:24Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

David, I have been under this man's teaching, Warren Litzman, for almost 10 years and I still marvel when I hear these massages, over and over, it gives me solace and peace to rest in the complete sanctification of the only One that is, Jesus Christ, and He by the Father's Word is birthed in me.

It takes a work of the Holy Spirit to come to these truths'. I am blessed that you are blessed and may the Holy Spirit fill you with all the wisdom that is in Christ Jesus our life.

As Warren always says', "I see Jesus in you, because I see Jesus in me.

In Christ, your brother through our Brother and offspring of our Father:

Phillip

2013/5/22 20:26Profile
JoshG

Re:

Youtube: Ernest O'Neill

His main focus was the doctrine of Entire Sanctification and seeing people come into the experience of it.

2013/5/22 20:39Profile
a-servant

Re:

“This brings us to the one per-
son whom God could trust with
the knowledge of the mystery—the
Apostle Paul. As God plans things,
it is logical to assume that He
planned Paul’s life from its begin-
ning. He planned the development
of a person who could explain the
mystery. In time, he would be able
to carry out the duties of one who
was to be an Apostle to the Gentiles,
who were to be the people of the
“new creation race,” reborn by the
placing of another ‘Christ’ within
them.” (Warren Litzman, Messages
for the New Creation Race People, p. 9).

.... reborn by the placing of another ‘Christ’ within them.

another Christ? - "by the placing of"?

Then again, makes sense from his point of view, he is following "another Paul", not Jesus Christ.

He splits his understanding of Paul from the whole of the Bible and calls the result of what he teaches "the final gospel"

Quote: " Since no one in the Old Testament knew this final gospel and since Jesus of Nazareth did not teach this gospel (He taught Moses law) and since no other disciple or Apostle preached this message, it is well that Paul called it his gospel." by Warren Litzman - Why follow Paul?

In contrast here the real Paul: 1 Corinthians 3:4  For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

What I find more troubling however is this statement: "Jesus of Nazareth did not teach this gospel"

Mystery religions always want to touch the glory of Messiah, without meeting his conditions. Just focus on the mystery, they say, that's were the secret is hidden and don't worry about any foundations. What are Bible foundations good for anyway?

According to The Final Gospel by Warren Litzman: "Prophecy occupies at least 4/5 of the Bible and is based on law and legalism". So for him the greatest part of the Bible is law and legalism, and one has to study antinomians for a while to detect them, because only they come up with distortions like that. But not as extreme as him. So what is he actually calling the author of inspiration of the Bible then?

2013/5/23 5:09Profile

Re: For those seeking entire sanctification.

"Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!"

Psalm 107:8

2013/5/23 5:51
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """.... reborn by the placing of another ‘Christ’ within them.

another Christ? - "by the placing of"?"""

This is taking out of context of what Warren is saying, he is not saying "another Christ" but, placing of another in the believer which is Christ. The "another", is Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God, in the believer, this is being born again by the incorruptible Seed of the Father.

A-servant, have you ever spoken to Mr. Litzman? You need to speak to him about your erroneous claims. He will be glad to speak to your misunderstandings of what he teaches.

This is where he is coming form; Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (Paul speaking by the power of the Holy Spirit)

Colossians 1:23-29 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily. (Paul speaking by the power of the Holy Spirit)

Galatians 2:19-21 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. (Paul speaking by the power of the Holy Spirit)

In Christ: (By the Seed of the Father and the power of the Holy Spirit)

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
1Co 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
1Co 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

As to the Law; Romans 10:3-4 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Phillip

2013/5/23 16:59Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy