SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : An observation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

An observation

Before some of us got a little drunk the other night and trashed the place, I had really noticed in the midst of all the pushing and shoving to be the first to dance on the table that God is/was doing something on this forum.

I had noticed a definite shift in emphasis in the posts of the members, like yeh, we actually getting this thing, this is the gospel, this is how we live it. Its like we were seeing what God does in the human heart, this is the word that we put our faith, this the gospel of the kingdom.

With all the noise, I don't know if anyone else felt the same way? Maybe its just me, and living in this country of mine has taught me to look on the bright side of life.

Trying to keep the main thing, the main thing,

2005/3/13 13:53Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: An observation

Quote:
Before some of us got a little drunk the other night and trashed the place, I had really noticed in the midst of all the pushing and shoving to be the first to dance on the table that God is/was doing something on this forum.

Are you being scarcastic when you are talking about getting drunk and trashing the place? please explain. Thanks.

2005/3/13 14:13Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Drunk on Self-glorification

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
Are you being scarcastic when you are talking about getting drunk and trashing the place? please explain. Thanks.

Maybe not the most tasteful analogy, I used to work in clubs, so that was in my mind when wrote that.

analogy- Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.

Hope that helps. :-?

2005/3/13 15:33Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Drunk on Self-glorification

Oh ok i understand what you are saying. I thought (or was hoping) that was what you were meaning.

2005/3/13 15:38Profile
Compton

Re: Good idea

Quote:
living in this country of mine has taught me to look on the bright side of life.

ZekeO, That's a good idea in any country I think!

Bless you guys.

MC

2005/3/13 16:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Trying to keep the main thing, the main thing,

I agree there has been a shift in emphasis it needs to get back to:

[b]John 17:3 (NKJV)[/b] - "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."

"It is Jesus Christ we must know better."
-Andrew Murray (Holiest of All)

"The main difficulty lay in the want of religious earnestness. Their case was vary much what has been the story of almost every Church, and what marks the state of the greater part of Christendom at the present day."
-Andrew Murray (Holiest of All)

2005/3/13 17:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy