SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A discussion on can a believer live without sin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

soldout2him

How did you become aware of the blessing.

I was looking for testimonies of men of God to find out what made the difference in there life compared to other believers.

It was on this site that I found Duncan Campbell's testimony, which I downloaded for my journey to Africa..

On hearing his testimony in a plane 30,000ft above the earth God broke through, and for one month in Africa all I could do was get on my knees and weep as he opened me up to the awareness of the sin that remained in me.

I then became a member of sermonindex and downloaded all of Duncan Campbell's sermons lol

When I got how home the was this woman on Revelation TV promoting a book called "Holiness the Key to Revival" by Patrica Knoles. I phoned here up and then we communicated by mail. Her book confirmed what God had been showing me...

That is how my journey towards holiness started...

2013/5/11 15:45Profile

Re:

Dear Colin

I know Patricia, have read her book and have had phone calls with her. I hope you dont mind me asking but why do you think you have not entered into His blessing when you have read so much about it and believe in it? And forgive the next question but do you think you are qualified to be an authority when you have not entered His rest? I say this because it is not possible to tell those who are repeating the doctrine from those who have or are there and confusion results.

soldout2him

I will get back to your post.

2013/5/11 15:54
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hi Brenda,

Great job, There is only One who is perfect, Jesus Christ, His perfection is translated into the believer, that being the only perfection we can Glory in, which is according to His working in us. That perfection is not by our works but by His, us believing and entering His rest. This perfection on display to the Father, by the Son and He being seen of the Father and made unto the believer, "wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and redemption."

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

In Christ: Phillip

2013/5/11 16:05Profile

Re:

Thanks Philip

Gradual sanctification means that we are doing it rather than Him imparting His holiness. We cannot have bits of Christ - we have all of Him or none of Him, no matter how much doctrine we know.

2013/5/11 16:13
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins. Ecc. 7:10.

Whether one calls it sinless perfection, Christian perfection, entire sanctification, etc. Guess what. One is still going to sin.

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Rom 6:1

How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Roms 6:2

Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Roms 6:11

And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. Roms 6:13

2013/5/11 16:16Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """Thanks Philip

Gradual sanctification means that we are doing it rather than Him imparting His holiness. We cannot have bits of Christ - we have all of Him or none of Him, no matter how much doctrine we know."""

Amen, not parts and pieces, but the whole, where unto we labor according to His working in us, this truly is interring "His Rest".

Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
1Pe 4:2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

In Christ: Phillip

2013/5/11 16:39Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Roms 6:2"""

How did we die? Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Surrounded by: Galatians 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

and: Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

In Christ: Phillip "Christ liveth in me". Now fruitful labor can begin.

2013/5/11 16:46Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Hi, bearmaster

bearmaster wrote ////There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins. Ecc. 7:10.

Whether one calls it sinless perfection, Christian perfection, entire sanctification, etc. Guess what. One is still going to sin.

Bearmaster.////

Jesus Christ was able to walk in complete victory over sin, should we not believe it also possable as Christians to walk in the Spirit, and to moment by moment walk in complete victory over sin ?

I believe these Ideas are much of what the epistles of John are addressing.

2013/5/11 16:57Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Hi Philip,

Philip wrote : ///Amen, not parts and pieces, but the whole, where unto we labor according to His working in us, this truly is interring "His Rest".///

Well said, It reminds me of a horse pulling an Amish Buggy on a busy interstate, As long as the horse yeilds his will to the masters reigns he can rest his soul, though his body may be performing great labor.

2013/5/11 17:06Profile

Re:

Murrcolr wrote:

"How did you become aware of the blessing?"

Answer: In all honesty I have ONLY become aware of the doctrine and it was first from Denny Kenaston's teachings at one of the Leadership Conferences on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. However, after spending some time with some of the saints within the movement I found out that they were not a Holiness movement (i.e., holding to the Wesleyan doctrine of Christian Perfection or Entire Sanctification). When I first heard of Wesley, in 2003, I read everything I could get my hands on from him, then I read some of the other Holiness authors found on enterhisrest website. However, I do like and appreciate the Puritan authors too as well as some of their teachings on holiness and the Attributes of God. One thing I appreciated that Zac Poonen said (note: I realize that he would not strictly hold to a Wesleyan type of Christian Perfection teaching) regarding the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is that "we should not base our seeking after it on others testimonies, but we should base our seeking on the Word of God by faith alone." So, after hearing this and reading others testimonies I have tried to search the scriptures as a Berean to see if these things be so.

Once I came to the Word with an open, broken and contrite spirit-hungering and thirsting for righteousness: I began to see that God has called us to holiness and without it no one will see the Lord. Now, in all honesty I do not know what all of this verse means, but I do know that He desires for His people to be holy and perfect as He is holy and perfect.

The question that I face, and all of His people as well, is whether this perfection is obtainable while in this body or is it only obtainable when we receive our glorified body? Also, can we truly compare ourselves to Christ in that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and we from the seed of Adam, per say. I know the scriptures tell us: "So also it is written, “The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual. The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven. As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly. Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly" (1 cor. 15).

Also, Jesus promised us that He came to give us life and an abundant life (aionian-zoe, Divine life). Further, in Hebrews it says: "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." And in Romans: "Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." It appears from what I have found in the scriptures that God aims to separate us from living from the soul (psuche, natural life) to live as Christ did from the spiritual Divine life. We are to be led and controlled by the Holy Spirit and the will of God and not by the flesh or our own self will. Sparks has a good illustration of this, please find link below: http://www.austin-sparks.net/images/diagram8.html

Of course all this knowledge can puff up the mind, especially a babe in Christ and or carnal mind. Therefore, we should be encouraging one another DAILY to keep ourselves in the love of God and to cleanse ourselves of all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. Yet, in our day we are too busy for God, prayer, reading of the scriptures, Christian discipline, and laying our life (psuche, natural life) down for God and one another; because of all the other things have crept into our hearts which have taken our time, attention and choked out the Word. This has been the struggle of the church throughout all many generations and since the beginning, i.e., Jesus Parable of the sower. "And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful." Yet, we know it is not the Father's perfect will, but the devil has had his way throughout all the ages. When will His church awake from her slumber?

God have mercy on me!!!

2013/5/11 18:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy