SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : A Call to Holiness- Nancy Leigh DeMoss

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: We will not be completely sanctified until death.

Justification, Sanctification and Glorification…

Glorification is the future and final work of God upon Christians, where he transforms our mortal physical bodies to the eternal physical bodies in which we will dwell forever.

1 Cor. 15:42-44, "So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body."

Jesus is the first resurrected from the dead in a glorified body. He is called the first fruits of creation. 1 Cor. 15:20 says, "But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep." Since he is the first fruits, we will follow. His resurrection is the promise and guarantee of our future resurrection.

----------

Sanctification is the same Greek word as holiness, “hagios,” meaning a separation.

Paul prayed in 1 Thessalonians 5:23, “The God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved entire, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Hence the name Entire Sanctification meaning the possibility to live a blameless life on earth.

Sanctification is a seperation from sin while you live on earth..

I hope that clears up somethings for you...

Edit: Spelling

2013/5/10 13:34Profile

Re: A Warnibg

1 John 1:8-10
If we claim to be without sin, we deceve ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he us faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all untrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

Respectfully to those who hold to a blameless or sinless perfection. How do you handle these verses? My understanding is John is writing to Christians.

Bearmaster.

2013/5/10 13:52

Re:

It is true that Peter sinned. No-on is saying that it is impossible to fall and give in to temptation. So that`s what happened to Peter but Paul dealt with him about it. This is the only mention of a sin in Peter post Pentecost. He was restored.

It is actually quite usual to have a fall but thankfully most are restored again to their entire sanctification.

You say brother, that we cannot be perfect in this life yet we are instructed to be that very thing.

2013/5/10 15:04
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: 1 John 1:8-10 If we claim to be without sin, we deceve ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he us faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all untrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

Quote: Respectfully to those who hold to a blameless or sinless perfection. How do you handle these verses? My understanding is John is writing to Christians.

You did not quote all of the text.

You should have begun at the seventh verse, which reads like this: "If we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanseth us from ALL SIN.

Now, I would like to ask, If you were forgiven all of your sins and cleansed from all unrighteousness, would you not be WITHOUT SIN.

2013/5/10 15:11Profile

Re:

Indeed John is writing to believers. He is combating an error that had come into the church.

He is saying that if we listen to the error which was that it is our spirit which is holy and therefore what we do in the body does not count as sin, and do not come to Him to be purified from all unrighteousness, mark he says all, then we make Him out to be a liar, as He says so many other times in the rest of the letter, and in the rest of scripture, that He can cleanse us from all sin.

You are quoting a verse which contradicts the rest of the letter which is clear, and says that he who sins is of the devil. One verse against many. One verse that is misinterpreted and ignores the rule of scripture that verse must interpret verse.

2013/5/10 15:18

Re: krautfrau and Conlin

Are you going to tell me and this forum that you both are without sin. Are you going to tell me and this forum that you both have never sinnned. Honestly I don't think so.

Only one person has ever been without sin and that is Jesus himself. No New Testament believer, including the apostles themselves, has never been without sin..

The New Testament does not support sinless perfection. And the experience of Christ filled believers does not confirm it. Indeed the person who is getting closer to Jesus becomes even more aware of their sinfullness. But then that person is ever driven closer to the cross to be cleansed by Christ.

The New Testament letters are filled with exhortations for believers to live out holy ki es before Jesus. The New Testament letters are filled with imperatives for believers to be filled with the Holy Spirit to live a holy life as unto Christ.

We are continually being transformed into Christ likeness on an ongoing daily basis. The Spirit works within us and we are working it out.

Bearmaster

2013/5/10 15:48
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Those who espouse "sinless perfection" generally have a different definition of sin than i do, and the scripture does.

Usually they will say that their "bad acts" are not sin because they have been "cleansed."

That is a bunch of hogwash.

It is certainly true that if we are baprized in the HS we do not *have* to sin. Nonetheless, every Christian on the face of the earth still sins-- sorry, no exceptions.

2013/5/10 16:02Profile

Re: My Testimony

Brother Bearmaster

I came to the Lord when I was 23 after being witnessed to by a believer, and after the Lord showed me that He had died for me.

All that I wanted after that was to please Him in everything but as time went by I found that there was something in me that did not match how I acted when I was with other believers. There was still something that did not bow down, that still had secret doubts and questions.

It went on causing me great distress at times until I came across the teaching of Oswald Chambers who showed me that Christ came to deliver me from this inner conflict and so I put my trust in His power to hold me and keep me from sin and immediately my desire was granted and His power became operative in my life and my heart was at last pure and holy.

I had a period where I lost this assurance but I still knew that His power is stronger than my sin and that faith delivers us and the only obstacle is unbelief.

2013/5/10 16:12
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

On the video page someone posted a comment which said she is like a female version of Paul Washer. I agree. Praise God for this humble, yet bold sister!

2013/5/10 22:53Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: A Call to Holiness- Nancy Leigh DeMoss

Natalie, Thanks for posting this link. While I did not listen to the message in its entirety, I can relate to the speaker's heart felt message.

The holiness of God is a subject so vast, so deep it makes one feel his insignificance yet it was for people such as I that He came to redeem! How precious is that??!! How much do we appreciate that? Will we kick him in his face by living in rebellion or will we follow him? What this looks like where the rubber meets the road reveals how serious we are with God.

This topic is one that should be shared by more women in more women's conferences....

God bless.

ginnyrose

2013/5/11 5:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy